It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The final debate, between good and evil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Bear with me and I will tell you a true story, what you make of it or what’s your take on it, I want to know.

I have always felt I was different than most, maybe a little more observant than others noticing things that normally would not be noticed.
When I was a teen, I meet my mother’s boyfriend for the first and only time. He told me a story about how he was caught in an explosion and most of his face was taken off, to look at him there is not a scratch showing any were. He then told me that I was one of four who will be called upon when the time comes for the final battle between good and evil, remember I was just a teen so he used simple words for me to understand. At the time of the debate or battle we four will at that time begin our deliberations not knowing until just before what team we would be playing for. So I became a good debater in school because we never were told what side to defend until just before the debate.

As time went on I put the whole thing out of my mind never really given it much more thought, until many years latter, I was working as a tow truck driver and one day the person I towed was a very attractive older than me female, that before we departed told me, about the way the aliens were upset about how the government was taking care of them, they are living under ground in a desert some were in Mexico, they looked like us just a little taller, I did not in way start or lead into any kind of discussion about this topic. She was well dress office manager looking person, at the end of our trip as I dropped her car off at the station for repairs, she told me I still had one more person to meet before the final event, and told me I had just met the second, and then simply walked away. I have never seen her before that time nor have I ever seen her since. But it made me think immediately about what my mom’s friend had said.

I have been in many situations were I should have been seriously hurt, as a fire fighter and a highway wreaker operator. And have always walked away without a scratch. To the best of my knowledge I have not yet met this last person and I think this is a good thing, if it holds true that upon that meeting we are entering the final stages before the big debate or final battle. But as of late with all that is going on in the world I have a strong feeling this meeting is closer than I might expect and I am not sure I am ready for such a large responsibility, but than again I don’t think know one could really be ready for such a major event.

I have a thought that we four will be teamed together, and that there are other teams as well out there some were, at least this is my hope.

I am open to all your comments, experiences and what ever you feel like bringing to this thread I open it to all of you.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by drmeola]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
that's pretty cool. I wish you success and be safe.

edit: ehh forget safety. enjoy yourself

[edit on 12/13/09 by CSquared288]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Now that we have met......

Let the debate begin!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CSquared288

thank you i think we will all need some of that luck.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by deepred

I only wish it was that simple, but I am sure it must be a face to face meeting but I am just guessing on that. My sleep has become distorted and not as focused as it once was, I should say my dreams. I always had four locations I would sleep travel to like experiencing four separate lives this being one of them. But now I just don’t know.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
mmm okay. my intent wasn't actually debate the subject, but sure, i'm down. i'm not really gonna cite sources because that kind of stuff doesn't really concern me all that much; but i don't believe my points will get specific enough to require them, so here we go. I guess i'll start like this:

it is my belief that our purpose in this reality is to experience, pure and simple. god, the force that binds us all, simply wanted an "objective," (to reference that dude who was on an acid trip) experience of itself, so it created our dimesion and separated us from it by [the concept of infinity?].
We are corporeal manifestations of what god might look like if he were to develop in situations similar or identical to ours, I believe that the only evil we can do in this universe is to impinge upon the freedom, motivation, and creative expression of god. Seeing as we are all 'reflections' of god, that means getting in our way as well as others'. The greatest blasphemy, in my opinion, is to commit to an action that defies personal desire and/or responsiblity. For to say that some other human being has more authority over yourself than you, is to say that that individual knows better than god almighty. if you, say, attend a job day in and day out, it needs to be because you truly want to, not because you think you have to to "survive' or whatever.

my take

i concede my final minutes to the gentlemen whose names begin with the letter 'd'

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Agent Smith meets Neo. Which one are you? Are you both? Will you be something transcending and reconciling both after this encounter? I speak indirectly, but I have faith you catch my drift.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

dr meola,
if you are truly serious about joining the battle between good and evil, you need to rid yourself of such an antiquated idea as 'luck.'

edit: antiquasted, lolz.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CSquared288

True enough statement, I have never believed in luck but yes I did use that word, I believe that we choose are own destiny or so I always thought, I think with every breath we have a choice that choice in simple form would be to love or hate. And in this choice we determine the path to follow, until the next breath, creating the illusion we live in shaping it forming it directing it into the next breath.

Maybe that’s a little bit too deep and covers so much ground, but that in itself is ok. I leave the furthering of this thread to the people to discuss what ever path we may travel down next. I am listening.

Thank you for the post.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

anytime

this is the only place i ever have any real discussion anymore, anyhow

hah^^ first time i've ever used those two words in succession like that

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

You have some ego! There is no such thing as good and evil, there are just humans who make choices whether to be good to others, to be cruel or to remain neutral. Good and evil is biblical b.s.

You are not special, no one is. We are born and then we die. We all have that in common. Some people have a good life because they bust their chops to achieve it while others scam their way.

I've been in quite a few serious accidents myself. I destroyed a car and by all rights I should have been killed in it, at least that was the policeman's opinion. The roof was all caved in except over the driver's section as if there was a guard rail protecting me which there wasnt. Earlier this year I went over the handlebars of my road bicycle and landed on my face. Split my upper lip and chin and scraped my upper teeth. I wasn't wearing a helmet. My neck could have been broken. I'll provide a photo I had taken while I was bleeding and my lip was hanging. I was once as close as my computer monitor to a runaway horse and carriage and I didn't know which way to jump but the horse changed his course almost in my face. I walked onto Santa Monica beach carrying a metal rod while a storm was about to begin, dark skies and all. One bolt of lighting and I wouldn't be telling you about it. I got caught in a rip tide, etc., etc.

Lead a good life, if you can, and try not to hurt yourself and others.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
reply to post by drmeola

You have some ego! There is no such thing as good and evil, there are just humans who make choices whether to be good to others, to be cruel or to remain neutral. Good and evil is biblical b.s.

You are not special, no one is. We are born and then we die. We all have that in common. Some people have a good life because they bust their chops to achieve it while others scam their way.

I agree with Shrike...

Sorry...you sound like a truly sincere person, but "good" and "evil" are purely subjective things and don't really exist except in the books of religious zealots...there can never be a battle or debate between the two because they simply do not exist...

Before you disagree, just think about this for a second...Does anyone ever think that they are truly "evil"...No Way...Even sadistic people like Stalin and Hitler believed that they were doing the "right thing" to "save the world" and that their enemies were "evil"...Don't take my word for it...instead do your own research...seek out historical people who have been labeled as "evil", then read their memoirs (not the history books), and you'll see the truth...that they (not me) truly believed in what they were doing...

The difference between "good" or "evil" comes down to morals...which are purely subjective as viewed from the basis of the observer. For example, most people wouldn't think that it was "evil" to kill someone who is pointing a gun at them or a loved one...probably not...they'll probably justify it for some reason or another. Those same people don't think that when a soldier kills an "enemy" soldier, it's not "murder", but rather an "act of war", but feel the opposite when a member of their own side is killed.

As another example...Most people eat meat, but don't think that they're "evil", even though the meat is actually the murdered flesh of someone's mother, father, sister or brother. They even have names for the meat to pretend that it's not what it really is...a murdered cow becomes "filet mignon", a murdered pig becomes "bacon", a murdered chicken becomes...well, chicken...

Even vegetarians don't think that they're "evil" when they eat vegetables, although every time they eat a carrot, potato, or similar plant, someone had to rip it from the soil that it was living in at the time...of course there are exceptions, but hopefully you get the gist...

Who knows...I could be totally wrong about all of this...if that's the case, (cuss) me...

[edit on 13-12-2009 by polychronopolis]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by polychronopolis

Sure philosophically speaking, and from much experience good and evil are relative and dynamic concepts. They can also become word games eg., opposing religions or warring countries calling each other "evil".
Yet there is something that I cannot put my finger on. There is some force out there that is pure malevolent evil. We can feel discomfort in its prensence. It is a supernatural and corporeal force. From an article I read academics found that mental health experts and cops who worked with serial killers had changed their views from environmental or disordered crime, to one of evil as a force.
At least in its glaringly "pure" form evil is rare, and doesn't account for the majority of suffering from misguided actions.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Good morning all, the shrike, polychronopolis, and halfoldman.

Instead of replying individually I will if you don’t mind put them all together, I agree with all of you and thank you for your well thought out post.

I have heard and saw in my time many unexplainable accidents where the party or parties have walked away when by all accounts they should not have. Good and evil are just words to describe one person’s opinion about another persons actions. So I agree with you, often the wrong doer sees his or her actions as a good thing, or that they are trying to accomplished something good from the actions.

Bottom line is anyone can justify in there own mind any thing they do, no matter how bad it looks to someone else.

Great post all thank you.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
good v evil and the product;..really the Trinity...a short story

Principally the Universal mechanism of creation and metaphysically anthropomorphized as the dichotomy of..good v 'evil'..light v dark ..etc. The interplay of unity v exclusivism; the self as opposed to the whole.

The first, the idea or thought that is Us.
The innermost subtler, inclusive and supernal levels of the Unity, The Divine Mind or Will, associated with the higher self. Atma or Spirit. The Father, The Noumenal, informing factor in Creation.

The second are the outer, baser, plasticized levels; exclusive both physically & psychically, tending towards separation and multiplicity.
Associated with the lower personality self. It is known as Manas, Intelligent Activity. The Mother or Divine Nature. The Phenomenal or staging factor in Creation.

They merge to give birth to the Universe [(s), periodical 'Big Bangs'], a fragmentation of Matter and Spirit and the prime divine objective of creation, the creation of Monads or Group Souls of separated vehicles of consciousness, which in turn become the seeds of countless personalized incarnate beings, Individual Souls or Causal Bodies, and in turn everything physical or material as differentiated externally..eg our bodies, animals, minerals etc.

The "battle" or equalization takes place on an individual basis, symbolized as the cross or Tau, it is the result of the struggle of the lower self or the divine animal, the desire body or the kama rupa, living out the divine idea through corporeal existence ie, life; and henceforth its effort to execute the original program or seminal wish, via the adverserial conditions of nature, and achieve the life that was required. It is essentially existence, or The Play.
It has been wrongly interpreted and corrupted by dogmatic and exoteric religions as Satan, devils, evil etc.

The end product of this individual incorporation(after countless incarnations) and eventual apotheosis or return to Divinity, is the amalgamation of these group souls, into the Cosmic Soul, which is known occidentally as The Son or the 'Christ' consciousness; and esoterically as The Perfected Man or Love/ Wisdom or Buddhi. It is the harvest of the crop sown, the fruit of the Garden. The Idea executed. The 'God' created.

We are all this at different times.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OEAOHOO

Wow, oeaohoo

I star you, but I must say as I read it I felt like I was back in the lecture halls at my collage.

Great job. And I will leave it at that, for there isn’t anything I can add to it, seems you covered all your bases

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Interesting thread!

Something I wanted to comment on as I was reading through the posts is that it's the justifications that people use to rationalize their actions that are subjective. People can come up with any sort of explanation to make themselves feel better, or convince themselves they did nothing wrong, or they genuinely thought they were trying to do something good even though the way they went about it hurt others in the process.

But the justifications doesn't mean that good and evil itself are subjective.

To use the example of Hitler. No matter how he or his followers attempted to justify what they did in their minds, no justification could make the suffering, torture, and destruction of innocent lives caused by the holocaust any less evil/wrong/hurtful.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ariel

In hindsight we can say so about Hitler and evil (at least a majority, some would still argue it was not evil, or no more evil than colonialism and so forth).
However, how many people were fooled into thinking it was right while it was taking shape? Only a minority could see the evil coming since the Nazis came to power. Many Americans, British royals, church leaders -even Gandhi and Frantz Fanon first thought Hitler was the good guy.
Spiritual people must have felt it at the start, so getting rid of psychics and rival occult groups was high on the agenda.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I appreciate the invitation, thank you.
Do you knowe how to ride? A horse that is. If not perhaps you should learn.
The forth you are to meet may be riding a white one.

Why do intellectuals have this philosophy that they can define Good and
evil how ever thy see fit. Good and Evil are what they have always been.
Nothing less nothing more.
Definetly not anything you people claim to think you have all figured out
so you can live by what ever means you see fit.
So stop trying to spread that ignorant crap you spew forth.

"you have some ego" then the bombastic statement of "Good and evil do not exist". What the hell?:bnghd:

[edit on 16-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The fantastic 4, how thrilling.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join