It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not kill yourself?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
believe me, having come face to face with death, i have been aware of my own mortality for a few years now and know I want to stay alive as long as I can. It's this knowledge that keeps us fighting to stay alive till the very last breath.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranoiaFTW
NOTE: This argument will assume that there is no after life, I do not know if there is or isn't, but I am going to assume there isn't.

That is the question I have asked myself. I do not want to kill myself, but I have wondered, why don't we just all kill ourself? Our entire life is based around trying to an endorphin to be released in your brain. But if you kill yourself, you won't need those anymore. You will feel no pain or happiness. You will just cease to exist. There will be no consequences, your family and friends might feel pain, but you won't be aware of it. So if you kill yourself, aren't you just freeing yourself from the endless pursuit of endorphins?

I am Atheistic, and I don't believe in any God and in any religion......

I even don't believe in the life after the death, therefore ,for me it is not a problem the suicide from this point of view.
According to my opinion, we are only genetic creatures ,and nothing, at times I think that we don't even have the it animates.
I am convinced that we come to the world solamemte pears to suffer.... and I think that life doesn't have any sense.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
bro....... during the worst phase of ur life..just keep in mind that our physical form is just an illusion... we are here to learn....so give it ur best shot in life...try clipping ur face with pins, jump of a plane, go underwater rofl
experience everything there is to be felt,seen or heard......rock on

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join