It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO filmed yesterday from my car in Newport

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yeah, just a plane if the airport is there and if u think is ufo 'unidentified flying object' then it is.

First I think is a bird but when looked close and slowmotion I see two large tanks!,so it is then plane like others say too.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth2u

b)Make sure you turn down the toons and then start filming. Sometimes it's all about timing so I chose not to edit out the car stereo.

lived here for 20 years -airport is 15 miles away this object appeared to much closer.

But you took plenty of time to edit in your website in the youtube video.

Also, if you've lived 15 miles away from an airport for 20 years, you might want to look up in the sky a little more often and familiarize yourself with what they look like.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Why do I have a strange feeling that this thread is going to go on for about 15-20 pages, while nobody can come to a conclusion, even though it's evident as to what it is.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Ok, I am 100% sure it is a plane that is flying away from the camera at first, then makes a slight left turn with a slow decent to land.

I too have doubts that the OP didn't know this was a plane. If the OP would have turned the music from his car down, I'm sure he would hear the planes engines. Since I enjoy conspiracy theories, I will theorize that the music was on in order to hide the aircraft noise.

I'm pretty sure if the OP gave us his exact position so that we can see it from Google Earth, we would see an airport near by.

I'm certain this topic may be moved to the hoax forum, or labeled as identified in the future.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

Which leads me to the point of the hostility and ignorance of some long term users on here who may have decided they are beyond reproach and must be seen as experts.

Well you are not, especially with that awful attitude, show some manners, you can't possibly know he was trying to hoax a shot yet instead of saying 'it's a plane, easy mistake' he's talked to like something off your shoe.

Do not confuse being popular on an internet site as being power in the real world, manners and discretion are valid in here too...

Good point!

I often feel that the attitude displayed by some people on here actually deters some people from posting their footage, for fear of admonishment.

Let's all be courteous towards one another...If we have some input regarding the videos, then let's share it. This poster did nothing but share some footage he wanted feedback on, and was jumped on like he stole something! Nothing I read made me think he was trying to hoax anyone, so let's try to be a little more tolerant of people who only seek to share their findings.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I was very happy to have found this website,after reading some of these replys it easy to see I am going to enjoy myself.

To the skeptics:

You must understand belief is a powerful thing.I am sure as he videotaped this plane he was looking through his viewer,trying to use it as makeshift binoculars.Its fuzzy in the film,I could easily see how excitement plus limited view could make a person believe he saw something.

To people like myself any UFO video is a good one.Most of the misidentified sighting's can also be a learning tool to distiguish a fake in the future or to strengthen a belief in what you think may be real because it doesnt follow the path of the fake or misidentified.The fact is if you dont have an open mind to it a person could catch a UFO in his backyard with aliens coming out,post it on youtube and people would scream fake,CGI,etc.

I myself am not a believer but at the same time believe in the possibilty that aliens exist.I have viewed videos that common law does not seem to control.But there just that videos.But educating none the less thank you for posting.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by KingX]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigdaddy7ftrI often feel that the attitude displayed by some people on here actually deters some people from posting their footage, for fear of admonishment.
When people post videos of what is clearly an airplane, and try to come off like it's a UFO, then those members should be put in their place. He knows that he's close to an airport, and the object looks extremely similar to an airplane. I don't know how people do their math, but it seems most people can add 1+1, and somehow get 3. Why are they even wasting everybody's time here? I wont be courteous to people whoa are trying to pull of clear hoaxes. He didn't even have time to review his video after putting it on youtube, knowing it was near an airport, and the object looking exactly like an airplane, and think, "you know what, that's just an airplane"? No, he still posted this with intent of getting some kind of attention from the members here. It's almost like me telling you to come work for me, when I have no intent of paying you, and at the end of the week, when you come to get your check, I tell you to be more courteous to me, as I never even thought to pay you for all the work you've been doing for me. And that's what we do here at ATS: We work to find out the truth, and when this stuff comes along, it's just a waist of time, almost as if we never got paid for a job we worked for.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth2u
UFO filmed yesterday from my car in Newport. At first I spotted this object hovering slowly to the right and then it froze that's when I got my cam on it.

Filmed by DC 12-12-2009 Newport RI

[edit on 13-12-2009 by truth2u]

Looks like an unknown.
Dark and light blur can always check out as a UFO especially if it
goes into hover.
Blurry hover things are denied or out of this world or strictly from Tesla.
ED: We are ignorant of the Tesla ship so we windup with ignorance denied.

[edit on 12/14/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingX
To the skeptics:

You must understand belief is a powerful thing.I am sure as he videotaped this plane he was looking through his viewer,trying to use it as makeshift binoculars.Its fuzzy in the film,I could easily see how excitement plus limited view could make a person believe he saw something.

This is an even bigger BS statement than what the OP has presented.

If your going to present this crap living next to an airport, one would think that you would try to recreate it and give answers to yourself first before embarrassing yourself and promoting your own website.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm all for being courteous, and I can even understand why the OP may not have realized it was a plane while recording it.

But sometime between making the recording and uploading it, I assume the recording was viewed and the airplane shape was observed, so if that observation was ignored and the video was uploaded as a UFO anyway, then I can certainly excuse some discourteous comments here since it's discourteous of the OP to waste people's time with airplane video claimed to be a UFO.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The real question is..

..Whats up with the Spice Girls' song?

I thought I was the only SG fan left in the world..

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
lol....it's a plane, but what really makes me chortle, is that if you thought you'd really captured a genuine UFO on film, why the hell would you feel the need to add cheesy dramatic music to the video?

Imagine.....you've just hit pay dirt with a genuine alien craft caught on film......but you then feel the necessity to add a corny sound track to it!!!

To the OP, what prompted you to add music to the video?.....did you think it would distract people from the fact that you filmed a plane ?......that's a genuine question by the way, why would anyone who genuinely thinks they have captured a UFO on film feel that any sort of musical soundtrack needs to be added to the film?

I totally agree!! NOTHING is more annoying and WHY would anyone chose to cover up any buzzing, humming, or lack thereof with ANYTHING??!!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yeah, name that plane.
So many aviation experts all of a sudden.
Didn't even put on my earplugs, just looked at the video.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Yeah, name that plane.
So many aviation experts all of a sudden.
Didn't even put on my earplugs, just looked at the video.

I feel that your sole purpose on this site is to have people scream expletives at you and to get themselves banned of how retarded you sound.

Not attacking member and back on topic.

OP self promotion. My opinion. I'm gone from here, this thread that is.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join