It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO filmed yesterday from my car in Newport

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
UFO filmed yesterday from my car in Newport. At first I spotted this object hovering slowly to the right and then it froze that's when I got my cam on it.

Filmed by DC 12-12-2009 Newport RI

[edit on 13-12-2009 by truth2u]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth2u
UFO filmed yesterday from my car in Newport. At first I spotted this object hovering slowly to the right and then it froze that's when I got my cam on it.

It just looks like a plane landing

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Gee you must have been pretty close to the airport!
That could hardly look more like a jet landing!
Uh, was it an alien craft disguised to look exactly like a commercial airliner.
Please!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
from a distance, and with enough hope in your heart, shinny objects can appear foreign (rather then just a mere plane)

good job quickly grabbing your camera, and thanks for posting.

unfortunately i think its nothing more then a 737 coming in for a landing.

keep looking tho, never hurts.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Lemme guess, your camera just didn't have enough battery life, or you just grew bored with it and didn't bother to get any more footage?

Or the more likely explanation is you don't show more footage because that would expose what is already pretty obvious to anyone around here? HOAX, that's what this is and I bet you darn well know it.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

While a healthy skeptical attitude is always a good idea declaring a 'Hoax' on this one seems premature given that it clearly is a plane coming in for a landing.

To the OP great job on having a camera close by. It is that sort of forethought that may one day land some significant footage.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Are you telling me that he drives this close to an airport and has no frigging clue what a plane coming in for a landing can look like? Come on man. I'm betting he drives by here several times a week.

And why the short clip? Given he has an interest in this subject, and hangs out on the best place of the net, you think he would have much further information. I mean, he was mobile he could have driven that direction. He could have more footage showing the "departure" of the "object".

This is a hoax. I refuse to think that the OP is ignorant enough to think this is truly a UFO..so that makes this a hoax on his part, plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I believe I misunderstood your use of the term Hoax. Forigve me but I generally equate hoaxes to cgi or the like.

My take on it was that the OP, given that he was driving saw an object out his window and filmed what he could. Whether it was known to be a plane is a point I concede. My point was that the OP truly didn't know it was a plane and thus was not deliberately trying to pull the whool over our eyes.

If it was indeed an attempted Hoax than it was a very poor attempt.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Are you kidding? Thats a plane landing...and great choice of music there...

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Rockstrongo37]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
i live a good 12-15 miles from Newark airport in NJ. (i see all kinds of planes flying by.)

That is a plane. I can see two wings, and 2 engines, one on each side of course.

It did the same thing i see planes do when they land from a distance, they look like their hovering, but because your so far away, it gives the impression that it was hovering. If i see a plane fly overhead during the day, ill film t and compare the two.

MY GUT INSTINCT is Airplane.

If this thread continues, ill probably film it, if not, i wont.

For the Hoax term to be used so soon, i always thought HOAX was coined to CGI like the poster above mentioned. if anything it was a MFO (Misinterpreted flying object)

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
wow...some of these skeptics act like they got a stick shoved up their butt

no offence

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
lol....it's a plane, but what really makes me chortle, is that if you thought you'd really captured a genuine UFO on film, why the hell would you feel the need to add cheesy dramatic music to the video?

Imagine.....you've just hit pay dirt with a genuine alien craft caught on film......but you then feel the necessity to add a corny sound track to it!!!

To the OP, what prompted you to add music to the video?.....did you think it would distract people from the fact that you filmed a plane ?......that's a genuine question by the way, why would anyone who genuinely thinks they have captured a UFO on film feel that any sort of musical soundtrack needs to be added to the film?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

well I ask you, if you saw something unusual would you

a) drop everything and film it right away or

b)Make sure you turn down the toons and then start filming. Sometimes it's all about timing so I chose not to edit out the car stereo.

lived here for 20 years -airport is 15 miles away this object appeared to much closer.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by truth2u

I think that the unfriendly replies you received reflect more on the thread's title than on the actual footage. If you had, for example, titled the thread "Did I videotape a UFO?" and leave it at that, the replies would have been gentler.

BTW, a little nitpicking but I don't think that you were actually using a passé analog film camera so the word "filmed" also has to be forgotten and use, instead, "videotaped" for that's what you and most if not all everybody does nowadays.

Also, since you were quick on the draw and got your camcorder going real fast, next time you have a similar situation try to support the camcorder on a window edge (after rolling down the window, of course) or something handier. It'll make for a better, more watchable video.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
That is most certainly a twin-engine jet. However, the closest airport to you is KUUU-Newport State Airport, and they can only handle smaller aircraft, so that rules out the Commercial Boeings (eg, 737, 757, 767, 747, 777).

This could very easily be a Gulfstream Jet, or a Learjet, except for the fact that the aircraft in this video apparently has wing-mounted engines, not fuselage/tail mounted ones.

Therefore, I feel that our most likely candidate is a twin-engine Turboprop. We could be seeing anything from a smaller Beechcraft, to a larger Bombardier Q400. Given the bend of the wings, and their lower placement alongside the fuselage, I would lean towards the former being the case here.

A Beechcraft King Air
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e05116ba23f1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me that the music we are hearing was from his radio in the car. It doesn't sound like it was added later, IMHO....

However, I have to agree that it is an airplane of some kind. Like they say, 95-99% of all UFO sightings are cases of normal objects / phenomenon misidentified.

I do hope that this was not an intentional hoax, but I will defer judgment. Instead I will say good job on being vigilant and I hope that any criticism you've received does not discourage you from sharing any future encounters you may have!! Thanks for posting!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Looks exactly like a Twin Engine Plane landing to me

Semper

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Wow, that really looked like a plane to me at first.

Planes don't land like feathers floating to the ground like that, though.

It looks like something that was pretending to be a plane, and then morphed before it landed.

If it's a hoax, it's a damn good one.

Will you report the sighting/video to mufon?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I think it's quite clear you can see the wings and 2 engines BUT from eye contact that would not have been so clear. It's easy to get caught up in the moment and suspend your belief thinking you are seeing a genuine ufo.

Which leads me to the point of the hostility and ignorance of some long term users on here who may have decided they are beyond reproach and must be seen as experts.

Well you are not, especially with that awful attitude, show some manners, you can't possibly know he was trying to hoax a shot yet instead of saying 'it's a plane, easy mistake' he's talked to like something off your shoe.

Do not confuse being popular on an internet site as being power in the real world, manners and discretion are valid in here too...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? A plane I think! Why the excessive camera shake? Kinda stops us from having a good look at it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join