It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Binyamin Netanyahu must decide whether to strike Iran's nuclear facilities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This whole "We will bomb Iran if they acquire nukes" drama is going on since early 2007. For the past two years Israel and Iran have been engaged in nothing but shadow boxing. I wonder whether Iran already possess nuke warheads or whether Israel has the capability to go ahead and strike. But one thing is sure,Israel wants to wipe off the humiliation it faced at the hands of Hezbollah(aka Iran proxy) in 2006. This time,Israel has already set the pitch by saying that any attack by Hezbollah will be considered an attack by Lebanon.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
To me, the obama speech at Oslo almost looked like a justification speech for the imminent future conflicts. The speech almost resembled Bush's Coalition of the Willing speech in 2003 before Iraq invasion. Obama mentioned about very harsh sanctions as the only alternative for military strikes. If that is the case, then in case of Iran, nothing short of naval blockade of Persian Gulf thereby stalling petroleum trade would classify as harsh sanctions. Trade blockade would be regarded as an act of war by the Iranians.

Also one more factor to consider here is the sudden surge in opposition protests in Iran after a lull of 2-3 months. I wonder whether the opposition has been asked by Western Intel agencies to kick start the protests again. Are we looking at a decapitating strike at Iranian Mullah regime and IRGC, followed by regime change and subsequent voluntary nuclear disarmament by the new regime...?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by order in chaos

Also one more factor to consider here is the sudden surge in opposition protests in Iran after a lull of 2-3 months.

The problem is the opposition have to choose days to protest when the regime has it's own rallying days, for example Qod's Day in Sept. If they protested like back in June/July every day, too many would die in the streets.

With the opposition protesting on these selective days, and the regime having to use its basij & revolutionary guards in their own protests, therefore limiting their ability to police opposition protests, and some areas not being policed at all. This means more willing protestors, and a feeling of control in the streets for them.

There's a whole string of holy days coming up for the regime (17th-27th Dec.), so their arrogance at creating so many celebratory days is giving the opposition more chances to protest where they aren't outnumbered by basij. Very ironic.

I wonder whether the opposition has been asked by Western Intel agencies to kick start the protests again.

Sure it's possible, but there's probably no need as the anger shown prior by Iranian's isn't going to go away. Their country and it's economy is turning into a failed state, and for many there isn't a normal life to go back to. I've met some of the students who were lucky enough to get out and travel to the UK, and they're going back over the xmas break for more protests. That sums up exactly how determined these kids are, and some are only 18 years old! These added students returning over the holiday period will turn the universities even more so into a battleground with the basijs.

Are we looking at a decapitating strike at Iranian Mullah regime and IRGC, followed by regime change and subsequent voluntary nuclear disarmament by the new regime...?

Hopefully yes, at the hands of revolutionary guards who defect to the opposition when they realise they can't beat students & people of all ages into submission forever. Most of these youngsters don't seem to hate the west or Israel, so we shouldn't give them a reason to.

We shouldn't distract the opposition from their goals by giving the islamic regime an opportunity to put photos of the dead from israeli airstrikes on the front of newspapers.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

What??? Are you crazy??? I have many persian friends with whom my faith goes before some MSM fabricated account!!

I am a zionist christian jew, which is hard to say after a bottle of wine lol, however the tragedy unfolding is one where 1% of a population goes against the wishes of the majority...
Iranians are an ancient people full of art, wisdom, peace, love, and is the cradle of civilisation,, Its where Abraham hailed from, where isaac won his brides, where Queen Esther won her victories and is buried.. Abraham... The man who produced many nations, but won a VERY small plot of land, because of his obediance, for the Ben Y'israyol lol.. Lie after lie has been spouted against each other, yet we are the same, and the desert scorches our eyes in the same way as we thirst..

The very last thing i want is war, so my prayers are directed to my persian bretheren who dont take crap, and am braver than the sum of their component parts.... Yah Baruch the Iranian people... I love you, and have the greatest faith in you...

[edit on 093131p://f02Sunday by Selahobed]

[edit on 093131p://f05Sunday by Selahobed]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

I'm sorry I must be missing your intended point.

I can't pull any sense out of your post...

What exactly did I say that makes you ask if I am crazy?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Sorry babe, i "clicked" on the wrong person, please accept my apology!!

Kendra xxx

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Here we also need to consider the fact that the political future of Mr. Netanyahu and his allies are at stake.Already, he might have evoked some ire from right wing Israelis for not standing strong against Obama on the settlement issue. Now, if the Israeli media projects the Iran issue as a military decision ,that has to be taken by Mr. Netanyahu and suppose he fails to take an effective decision, that might spell disaster for Netanyahu.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
If you are student of bible prophecy then you will be expecting an exchange soon (Gog Magog war, book of Ezekiel), howver if you are also a student of people, you will see that Bibi will sign the order. He has no choice..... Asking Israel not to strike, is the same as asking them to wait with crossed fingers, with hope at a country whose leader has already said he want's to bring the world to war, so that the circumstances are right for the muslim "mardi" to appear... He has also said that he will "wipe Israel off the map"
If you were Bibi, what would YOU do???

[edit on 073131p://f06Sunday by Selahobed]

[edit on 073131p://f06Sunday by Selahobed]

If I were bibi I'd realize that 118 nations are calling on the US / israel to leave iran alone because iran has no motivation to nuke muslim people & holy land..

The "wiped off the map" quote has been de-bunked dozens of times to the point anyone who still believes it must be clueless.

The war mongering & fear is all manufactured propaganda up by the US / israeli govts so the people will have an enemy to be scared of.. it only takes a little reading of history to see this is what govts always do to further their agendas... yet people are gullible enough to fall for it every time.

The communists want to kill you!!, uh, now it's the terrorists!!!.. wait, iranians!!, yes its the iranians now!! meanwhile more US citizens have been killed by foreign invaders who walk across the border and yet... that's not much of a concern... oh yeah, they're building a fence.. right.

It's all a b-movie directed by sociopath elite who think nothing of vaporizing you off the earth with all the care and compassion of deleting a Sim character.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
JohnPhoenix chants, "strike strike strike strike strike !!!"

It won't be a big war at all. It will be the Israelites bombing the Iranians back to the stone age where they came from.

Iran has Nothing like Israel and Russia won't dare touch this as to risk a war with the U.S.

The only reason Israel has not won this war a long time ago is because they didn't want to use the Big Guns. That is how I see it.

EDIT: I am only talking about taking out the Nuke plants.. Not killing thousands of people.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
If the Iran Israel issue doesn't blow up and remains restricted to a war of words, then we can interpret that as an issue that has been left in cold storage. Also, one needs to pay some attention to the turmoil that is engulfing the neighboring country of Iran, i.e Pakistan. This nation is increasingly resembling Iraq of 2007, with daily bombings and shootings. This nation already possesses hundreds of tactical and strategic nuclear warheads along with F16 aircrafts and ballistic missile delivery systems.

Obama, in his Westpoint troop surge speech, deliberately invoked the issue of the safety of Pakistan's nuclear weapons, saying that the weapons are in danger of being acquired by Taliban and AQ. Raising the Pakistani nuclear weapons genie in a speech meant for justifying the Afghan troop surge might sound strange, but this points towards a strategic shift in American policy towards Pakistan. We must also remember that BlackWater or Xe corp. has increased its presence and activities in Pakistan in the recent days and months. Perhaps, the Pakistan factor might explain the perceived non activity of Israel and United States on the Iranian front.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

"It's all a b-movie directed by sociopath elite who think nothing of vaporizing you off the earth with all the care and compassion of deleting a Sim character"..

I cried at that because its true.... They do not recogonise the beauty of this world, or its people who amaze me all the time with genorosity and selflessness.. Like our soldiers, firemen, paramedics, all raised from the streets.... True humanity is full of compassion and the strength that comes from it, yet the snakes that lead us are systematically destroying who we are to a species that hates its own.... We are not dumb! We can stop it all in a day!!!

It wont though.. All of those babies, all of that potential will be sacrificed on the alter of the NWO... G-d help us!!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
Mark my words. If this conflict goes down, it WILL eventuate to a nuclear exchange in the middle-east. And everyone knows it.

This won't be a matter of surgical strikes on the Iranian nuclear facilities, it will be an all out mass attack on Iran's military infrastructure, they will aim to eliminate all Iranian capabilities to retaliate. Not a single jet fighter, not a single boat left. That will be their aim should they attack.

What does my head in when I think about this is there really is, a potential for this war to happen. We are on that path, because the Iranians will never ever by choice halt their uranium enrichment. (And rightly so)

Sanctions are a last ditch effort after diplomatic failure before war, and if more sanctions lead to the Iranians cutting oil exports as a result, there will be war anyway. More sanctions are not going to work, period.

Russia and China and Turkey won't back them, at the most Russia will continue to encourage Iran to take more steps to convince the west of its nuclear intentions, but that will be the extent of their involvement.

Yes, get ready folks for a potentially earth shaking conflict. Oil will become so expensive that everything could come to a total standstill, EVERYTHING could come to a screeching halt. Food production, transport, electricity, anything and everything that relies on Oil for its function and production.

There is an expiry date on this stand off with Iran, and it cannot be dragged out for much longer

I rather beg to differ that oil would go up as far as you think
especially since Canada (us way up here in the deep freeze north!)
is your (i.e. USA's) LARGEST oil exporter and we could actually
COMPLETELY take over the output of the middle east IF we get
the Alberta Tar Sands into full production with it's 2 TRILLION+
barrels of oil enough to last for another 45 to 65 years until
we get Hydrogen Fusion going on a practical basis.

So I am not as worried as the rest of the Doomsayers
because while Canadian Oil ain't cheap, it'll do for a while!

I would say that oil would spike up to about $190 a barrel
for about 2 to 6 months after an Israel/Iranian military strike
and then fall back to around $130 a barrel long-term which is
quite manageable by our North American economies.

It'll be painful for a while, but ironically, our current economic
downturn has solidified our ability to WITHSTAND a huge
oil price hike because we are WELL on our way to creating
practical and high efficient hybrid vehicles (Toyota Prius)
and full electric ones (i.e. Chevrolet Volt) which would
reduce our reliance on Middle East oil.

Add in the ability of Canada to nearly DOUBLE it's oil & gas output
within a few weeks, for the short term, we'd be all right for at least
two years giving us enough time to get alternative power sources
such as Quebec and British Columbia hydroelectric supplies wired
up to the rest of North America and extend the use of natural gas
powered fuel-cell technologies up to fully commercial scales.

Unfortunately for Europe, China, Japan and of course Africa,
their outlook wouldn't be as bright as ours as they simply
DO NOT HAVE the physical energy resources as Canada
and the USA do.

Within 6 months, Japan would run out of conventional energy
supplies PERIOD! And only their Nuclear Energy supplies would
be available within 6 months to a year of a disruption.

China would follow suit but would survive at a lower level due
to their enormous coal powered fuel sources. Europe would pay
an absolute FORTUNE to Russia for Natural Gas supplies for
powering their industrial plants and heat their homes,
but would face $15 to $20 a gallon gasoline within WEEKS
of any disruption. However, Europe's extensive TRAIN network
would minimize transportation and logistics issues.

Africa would be an ABSOLUTE BASKET CASE within 30 days!
I foresee MASS STARVATION, RIOTS, MASS MIGRATION to Europe
and South Africa within 60 to 90 days...and basically a full-on
CIVIL WAR in almost ALL AREAS within weeks resulting in a full-on
back-to-the-stone-age existence and 35% to 50% population
reduction within a year !!!!

The middle east would be a glowing green wasteland of
radioactive glass unusable for the next 90,000 years!

So only MOST of the situation is doom & gloom rather
than ALL of it being doom & gloom. I hope I have
brightened your otherwise dull day!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Whatever!! He wants to remove zionism from zion lol, that my friend would require a nuke or two!!

Zionism IS NOT some international conspiracy.. To be a zionist is the same as being proud to be english.

Spoken with all the nativity of someone who has never read the very real Zionist Manifesto, or has any clue of what Zionism really is and its true purpose.

It wasn’t well intentioned suburbanites pretending to be pseudo intellectuals who wrote the Zionist Manifesto or coined the term.

It was rather a hardcore group of very hard and violently committed men who would stop at nothing including the murder of Jews and Gentiles alike to achieve their aims.

The blood of countless thousands around the globe is on their hands to birth a nation that is no more religious in nature than Hollywood California.

Their aim is what it has always been and that’s to dominate the Middle East from the Brooks of Egypt to the Mesopotamian Delta by any means necessary including wholesale violence, lies, manipulation, extortion, murder, blackmail, political assassinations, theft and other forms of corruption.

The violent Zionist Terrorist Cells that wrote the Zionist Manifesto weren’t the Atlanta Housewives. They were murderers of U.N. Peace Envoys, Jewish Shopkeepers and Farmers, and people who had no compunction about blowing up a home where innocent men, women, and children slept murdering them in cold blood to make a point.

People looking to make points off of propagandized and sanitized fairy tail versions of history are in their own way every bit as dangerous for their foolish self assured and circular dogmas are indifferent to the innocent plight of others who ultimately pay a price in blood for such unbridled and unthinking self righteousness and greed.

Those who have never read the Zionist Manifesto or are familiar with the history of the criminal cabals of coldblooded murdering terrorists who wrote it really should not comment on what Zionism is…

For in reality historically, factually and presently they haven’t a clue.

Zionist Israel is a danger to the entire planet and the sooner it is brought to heel and is made a place relative to its real size and importance the better off the entire planet will be and far safer too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join