It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange consensus on Obama's Nobel address

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I did understand the campaign of "we are change" to gain some voters, but with the first sign of the slogan I read the sarcasm in it. "we" the people, most preferably all of the united world, are the "change"

Let me eloborate, the origin of democracy as we see in the western world is with the greek, the Elite have the right to make choises on how to rule their tiny worlds, the working people did have to follow them. The true origin of democracy is in Irak
around 8500 BC, but that is not important right now. The thing that is Important to read and understand is:

" the Elite have the right to make choises on how to rule their tiny worlds, the working people did have to follow them. "

so in a few thousands years nothing has changed (lol)

OK we are free to choose anyone we want to represent us, is the thought of lots of people, in thoery we are, but the proces makes me wonder, I never saw any of my neighbours in an election, haha. I really wonder if people dont see that with an election we can only choose exactly the same things as last time, it is only a new face a new coat. There is no real change. What do you want to eat? we have pork or beef! actually I would like some chicken now! Sorry only pork or beef! or are you against the system?!

In fact I think lots of people really dont want a real change, the just want to live their life without any worries, or real problems to tackle, that is why they need a leader, to show them their problems and to solve those problems for them. Ok they need a little change, more like the colors of the christmas tree last year we had white balls, no we put some blue balls (!) in. But it is still a tree. Real change, ex. trading without profit as main goal, is too difficult to grasp, to scary. You have to have guts to give up this existance and go to another without knowing if it will work. (hey we are not fortunetellers are we?) and that is simply not in human nature (unless provoked by sudden change and we get in survival mode, basic instinct).

To get back on the beginning of my post:

We are the change, the elite will gain something and the people will be givin back to the provider of that "something" (does not really matter what, could be anything, slaves to the reptillians, our death to depopulated earth, taxpaying buyers from the multinationals, who cares) as change.

Yes yes we are change! Hey mister can you spare me some change, my earth is broke??!

And about the nobel peace prize, what do I care? they didnt ask me or my representive, that I have chosen to be my representive, so why should I care, what is the differnce with an american idol? Just because someone wins doesnt mean that they are the best, look at all the people who did make a choise, you look at them carefully and tell yourself you trust them. Not the trust if they are trustful, but the trust they gained enough experience and knowledge to make a wellthought choise. (maybe now it becomes clear why it is an elitair proces) I know I havent, I cannot rule and develop the world on my own, I don't want to either. And only the historybooks tell me that the nobelprize is a very respectful prize, and I know that the one that is writing that history is writing his or his representives view of that. In the middle ages history was destroyed by the church, in WWII a lot of jewish history was destroed by the nazi's, we write our own history, the winner writes the history, so how can it be sincere? So let him enjoy that prize, i don't care.

For his followers or believers or whatever, Im glad for you that you have found someone you think that can represent you. I dont believe in someone without seeing something happen. Great stories are for tell-a-vision and enjoyable, but they dont take care of my children, that is something I have to do.

So can someone miss a quater, i need change

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Many have been saying for quite some time that there is no meaningful difference between the two sides...

Obama's speech demonstrates the principle.

Real change has never been further from reality.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
From the article:

Why are the Bush-following conservatives who ran the country for the last eight years and whose foreign policy ideas are supposedly so discredited -- including some of the nation's hardest-core neocons -- finding so much to cheer in the so-called Obama Doctrine?

How could liberals and conservatives -- who have long claimed to possess such vehemently divergent and irreconcilable worldviews on foreign policy -- both simultaneously adore the same comprehensive expression of foreign policy?

My thoughts exactly.

Why? Because they're doing the same thing. Obama is NOT different than Bush. If this isn't a wake up call, I don't know what is. It's not a sign humanity is coming together. It's a slap in the face telling us different suit, same game.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I just wonder.. did anyone really expect a change? and what gave you the idea that it would change?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join