It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptical scientist has apparent heart attack during live UN climate debate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Are there any others in the ATS community that believe this apparent heart attack could have been purposely caused?

Maybe I watch too many movies, but it seems as though anybody that has enough information to bring down a giant is quite prone to be eliminated, no?

[edit on 13-12-2009 by MOFreemason]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
May of just been my connection, the video is working fine, I'm going to watch and see what I have to say.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by ThirdJohnAdams]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
Are there any others in the ATS community that believe this apparent heart attack could have been purposely caused?

Sure it is possible but I find it unlikely. If even if ACC is a hoax, which I don't buy, those selling it are winning the PR battle and by and large skeptics of the 'consensus' are viewed as fringe and nuttier-than-squirrel-poop. So there would be no need to kill them.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Is there anyway to see these live debates going on? I don't know I'm kind of skeptical of this video, but only cause it being real, shows us how powerful these people are. If this is legit, that was a planned takeout, and to have it shown live to boot. Sick. IMO.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Some interesting comments so far.

Does anyone know if this scientist has had health problems recently.?

[edit on 13-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think he was killed by the deniers, to help drum up a misguided conspiracy, cause, basically, that's all they got.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

On live TV during the COP15 Climate 09 debate on DR1, Henrik Svensmark was hit by atrial fibrillation and his pacemaker kicked in.

Does that answer your question?

Edit: Sorry I forgot to mention, that is from the video description so I don't know how true it is.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by ChemicalSubstance]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Ahhh....I see. My thoughts have indeed been confirmed by Animal.

those selling it are winning the PR battle and by and large skeptics of the 'consensus' are viewed as fringe and nuttier-than-squirrel-poop.

So this whole climate change thing is just about PR and appearance? Well now it makes sense as to why it seems the scientists keep getting more and more drastic in their predictions. Whoever makes up the biggest, scariest doom story to be flashed across the the whole MSM circuit tomorrow wins free carbon credits for a year, courtesy of the IPCC, UN, and further subsidiary governing bodies.*

NEXUS

*Note: Offer not valid in an participating countries that have signed the Copenscamen treaty.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoEXcUseS
reply to post by Animal

Ahhh....I see. My thoughts have indeed been confirmed by Animal.

So this whole climate change thing is just about PR and appearance? Well now it makes sense as to why it seems the scientists keep getting more and more drastic in their predictions. Whoever makes up the biggest, scariest doom story to be flashed across the the whole MSM circuit tomorrow wins free carbon credits for a year, courtesy of the IPCC, UN, and further subsidiary governing bodies.*

That IS funny

If only it were that simple.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

sigh... conspiracy oh brother... i love how something obvisously really happening is not believed and something utterly fantastic and unbelievable is accepted without thought.

People must be really a bunch of morons here...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

Well, we are obviously open to any and all ideas here, as I am sure you have come to understand through interaction with the ATS community.

Do you not find that the timing of the incident is quite odd? If not, do some research of your own into his theories. Quite controversial, and possibly quite damaging to the mainstream climate change community considering the facts that he has garnered for his points.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by silentthought38
reply to post by Brainiac

Well, we are obviously open to any and all ideas here, as I am sure you have come to understand through interaction with the ATS community.

Do you not find that the timing of the incident is quite odd? If not, do some research of your own into his theories. Quite controversial, and possibly quite damaging to the mainstream climate change community considering the facts that he has garnered for his points.

No if the OP's idea was put out into the media it would further disenfranchise the skeptical movement. It would do so because it would be just one more example of the 'fringe' beliefs and accusations the skeptical community levels at the non-skeptical community.

I mean does any one believe if the ACC community did want to kill this guy they would do it on a stage? With a secret weapon capable of stopping his heart? Really?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I believe I had a valid question...are there any of the ATS community that believe the heart attack could have been conspired?

I do not have an opinion, at the moment, but did find the timing to be awful and also quite powerful.

This is a conspiracy-minded website community, so I wanted opinions of others. For those new to ATS, welcome...now you know the kinds of questions we like to ask and share dialogue about.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I recall hearing of a weapon in use by certain people than you can just point at them and it sends a signal of some sort than can cause a heart attack or heart failure or other such things....

I doesn't even seem that " out there" of an idea, considering that we have the tech to make something like this possible..

And if WE have the tech....imagine what THEY have and how long THEY have had it...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I agree that it would disenfranchise the community, but I'm not privy at all to the strange thoughts behind TPTB. Perhaps they were sending out a message, perhaps this IS a coincidence (much as I hate that word).

But heart attacks are quite easy to induce..

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I found this might be interesting.

www.alternet.org...:_copendenier_henrik_svensmark_collapses_on_danish_tv/

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
I think he was killed by the deniers, to help drum up a misguided conspiracy, cause, basically, that's all they got.

Best,
Skunknuts

lol

man ... THERE ARE NO PROOFS OF GLOBAL WARMING, EVEN IT BEEING CAUSED BY MEN ... SO REALLY

RESPECT

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The guy is ok now, he has a pacemaker and it saved his life in this situation, he is still in hospital but he will come around ok.

Best regards

Loke.:.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
There is a possibility that an EMP tool was used to stop his pacemaker if they knew he had one. Maybe not to kill him but to shut him up. It's not like they haven't done something like that in the past.

new topics

top topics

join