It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian scientists detect signs of life on Moon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
well what a find it would be to find life on the moon. even if its just microbial. would be an amazing discovery and then NO ONE could deny the existence of aliens.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsoul2009
Not sure what to make of this though and again. why the msm is not giving this story more coverage. Anybody?

I have a theory as to why the MSM does not take notice of things of this nature.

There are too many religious people who see space exploration and science as
a way to hurt their beliefs, and if the MSM keeps these people ignorant about new science achievements, they will stay ignorant and continue to increase the ad revenue for these news programs. The only station that really lets the TV watching population know about recent scientific news is the Discovery Channel. How much discussion about religion is played on that station?

Anyone else have anything to add?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Very interesting article, thank you for posting. However I do feel that the article is written from the jounalist's perspective and assumption, slightly twisting the story to make it sound as though more has been discovered than actually was discovered, and has been previously discovered. Anotherwords, the article is deceptively written.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

It's been on Nat Geo, on Discovery Channel, and probably on BBC science programs as well.

My point is, you can't say NASA has lied or withed information when the information has been waiting for you to come across it.

It just doesn't look good. Am I wrong?

I don't think so, but that's me.

India is announcing findings that NASA has already released to the public, and NASA's LCROSS mission has confirmed initial findings and suspicions and expanded upon them.
The source for this news is a Indian news paper, not a mainstream news outlet in America.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
SO DO WE HAVE LIFE ON THE MOON? YES or NO?????? Answer me that question!

[edit on 14-12-2009 by MOTT the HOOPLE]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Almost certainly yes...

It's been bombarded by the Earth for a long long time and the surface has nothing to do at all with what could be going on UNDER the surface...

I would say 99% you will find some sort of extremophiles under the surface of the moon

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Oh my god, this is amazing!

Just like the other issue developing recently with the moon (water) we have the Indians FORCING NASA to account for things they have known all along.

Make no mistake, NASA WILL have to address this issue!
This is HUGE!

And before certain folks tell me that NASA has known about this for three decades, let me tell those folks that they are wrong.
NASA introduced the *possibility* that this stuff may exist on the moon.
However, their cultural bias (political and sociological influences) made them second guess their observations (just like the water on the moon issue) and they defaulted to the idea that it was only a possibility, including things like cross-contamination and basically leaving it at that.

At this point, their only line of logic excluding organic life-forms is the possiblity that these genetic structures have migrated from the apollo landing areas to the south pole of the moon.

Which in and of itself is huge!

Make no mistake, NASA will be forced to comment on this... and make another "confirmation"....

Holy SH*, we are living in VERY exiting times...

(note to folks who may want to refute me saying that these signatures have *possibly* been found in comets and the like)...

Mark my words, there is more coming on this in quick order!!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
ARRRGH...

One more post to add to this and then I'm going to just sit back and watch it unfold (although it will happen in a very rudimentary manner for you folks who aren't already on board yet, so don't be alarmed)...

Remember the article from the Indian Space Administration (or whatever they call themselves) proclaiming that they were going to "FORCE" NASA to admit to extraterrestrial life?

Look at what has happened since then.
Honestly...

Any skeptic must be in awe right now.

Boy, this is exciting!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Are we talking about the same kind of Indians? India Indians? The one's who live in the country called India?

If that's the case it really does not make sense. How could they ever have money for a space program when lunch costs two Rupees? That's half a penny for anyone who hasn't been there.

These people actually wash their dishes with manure because they believe it is a disinfectant. They literally have churches within which they worship, rats, cows, monkeys, and a certain phallic symbol. And we are supposed to believe that they have somehow in all of their desperation and depravity developed a space program that is capable of sensing Martians, sorry, Moonsians.

Doesn't that at least sound a little bit nutty?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Dude, honestly, I wrote like two paragraphs of a response and then deleted it all without posting it...

All in a plea to have you remove your head from two places.... 1) the rock it is currently under; 2) your ass.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Dude, honestly, I wrote like two paragraphs of a response and then deleted it all without posting it...

All in a plea to have you remove your head from two places.... 1) the rock it is currently under; 2) your ass.

Dude - Are YOU suggesting in any way that the Indian churches that I referenced do not exist?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Common now we all know they're naked entities mining material on the dark side of the moon, it doesn't take an indian rocket probe to explain that lol

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Dude, not at all.
What I am suggesting is that your line of reasoning is absolutely and completely erroneous.

Slippery slope fallacy.

Hitler was a Christian. Therefore, all Christians want to murder Jews by the millions.

Like I implied without saying directly, your comments were totally off base and totally irrelevant to the topic... Good going, you have now proven my point that you have nothing of merit to the topic and are simply a troll.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Also, you didn't reference any Indian churches. You stereotyped the Indian culture.

You are a failure.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Dude, not at all.
What I am suggesting is that your line of reasoning is absolutely and completely erroneous.

Slippery slope fallacy.

Hitler was a Christian. Therefore, all Christians want to murder Jews by the millions.

Like I implied without saying directly, your comments were totally off base and totally irrelevant to the topic... Good going, you have now proven my point that you have nothing of merit to the topic and are simply a troll.

I am certainly not a troll, but I am definitely pointing out the obvious. How on Earth do the same people who wash their dishes with cow manure somehow manage to make the leap from completely primitive to cameras watching the moon? Isn't that at least a little bit ridicules?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

They get there because they have a superior workforce (upwards, or even above, 1/2 a billion people) AT WORK under circumstances that simply aren't allowable in the US.
Not only that, but the US (in all their glorious "wisdom") OUTSOURCE their jobs to India to embolden their economy even MORESO.

But all of that isn't in any way germane to the topic and is the matter for another discussion...

The FACTS of the matter is that India has developed a space program.
And they are very quickly forming a track record of stepping on NASA's toes.

Care to comment on the subject?

[edit on 14-12-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

Amen brother. India is keeping it real! Love the Indian space agency.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

They get there because they have a superior workforce (upwards, or even above, 1/2 a billion people) AT WORK under circumstances that simply aren't allowable in the US.
Not only that, but the US (in all their glorious "wisdom") OUTSOURCE their jobs to India to embolden their economy even MORESO.

But all of that isn't in any way germane to the topic and is the matter for another discussion...

The FACTS of the matter is that India has developed a space program.
And they are very quickly forming a track record of stepping on NASA's toes.

Care to comment on the subject?

[edit on 14-12-2009 by JayinAR]

Oh Please. These are clearly primitive people. They worship rats, bathe in rivers where dead cows float, and bring a cup of water to wash their bum because toilet paper is non existent. And you actually want us to believe that they have somehow mastered the space race. Doesn't that at least seem to be suspicious to you.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Care to comment on the topic?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Lol guess your precious job is outsourced to India; come out and face the reality

Some facts about the Indians:

38% of Doctors in America are Indians.

12% of Scientists in America are Indians.

36% of NASA employees are Indians.

34% of MICROSOFT employees are Indians

28% of IBM employees are Indians

17% of INTEL employees are Indians

13% of XEROX employees are Indians

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join