It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Spot UFOs using Modern Technology

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is my first thread on ATS, so I decided to make my own complete version on UFO Hunting.
I would suggest you purchase a Sony HD Camcorder and Galileo GR-BC - Binoculars with digital camera 8 x 22 before UFO hunting.
That way you will get better quality video for further study.

Before seriously hunting UFOs, I would also suggest you learn all of the following:

1. How to read petroglyphs and read about ancient cultures.
2. Read star maps
3. Meteorology
4. Learn aircraft types
5. Memorize the constellations, planets,etc

Daytime UFOs
While it is easier to spot UFOs at night, considering the light they give off, UFO hunting is still possible during the day.
Most daytime UFOs will be shiny and metallic looking, however some have been known to be just plain white 'light discs.'

Nighttime UFOs
If you don't have infrared technology or a Sony HD Camcorder, spotting UFOs is a little more difficult, but still just as awarding when you finally see one.
Make sure not to get airplanes, helicopters, Venus, Sirus and Mars confused for UFOs.
Night UFOs can come in any shape and size. Sometimes zigzagging or just sitting still.

Night Vision/Infrared
Many UFOs, including the one in the video below, cannot be seen under normal circumstances. Only recently did people discover how much more you can see in the sky using infrared technology.
In the 1950s, Trevor James Constable photographed invisible UFOs with infrared film.
Technology has advanced greatly since then, we can now see much more using the equipment below:
--atn pvs-7 3rd generation night vision goggles
--sony ir/uv modified camcorder (good for daytime sightings)
--sony hd camcorder

If you have not already seen the movie 'UFO: The Greatest Story Ever Denied,' look it up on GoogleVideo. It tells a lot about Infrared and gives quit a few images and footage I havn't seen before.

MUFON
If you do see a UFO please report it to MUFON. All your reports will then be added to the UFO Stalkerfor other to see where the UFO you saw was. You can include media and details.
(Thanks to jkrog08 for telling me)

UFO Hotspots of America
UFO Hotspots of Europe
UFO Hotspots of Australia and Asia
UFO Hotspots for Latin America

Thanks for reading, if you have any tips or advice let me know.
One last thing, even if you 'Want to Believe,' don't... until you have proof.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by TimothyMartin]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Also remember not to get Flying Chinese Lanterns confused for UFOs.
They often look this

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TimothyMartin

Hi there, welcome to ATS and what a great thread to start off with

I have a Sony HD camera with nightshot mode but didnt really seem to pick much up with it... will have to dig the manual out and read it through again.

I will be getting some night vision goggles either just before or just after Christmas.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Good first thread, welcome to ATS. S/F...

Also don't forget if you catch something to report it to not only ATS but a local UFO agency like MUFON. *Link takes you to the online report form*

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Welcome and am really impressed with your 1st Post!

I haven't started a topic yet and applaud your (I will call it) courage, fear of failure.

I have to be aware when my past creeps in when I am not present to it, that many tasks or projects I perform, "I have to get it right!" , which I would up not doing it.

Back to topic at hand!

I can't wait for the day I will have 3rd Gen. or >, night vision to see this first hand.

These videos are just insane!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimothyMartin
Nighttime UFOs
If you don't have infrared technology or a Sony HD Camcorder, spotting UFOs is a little more difficult, but still just as awarding when you finally see one.
Make sure not to get airplanes, helicopters, Venus, Sirus and Mars confused for UFOs.
Night UFOs can come in any shape and size. Sometimes zigzagging or just sitting still.

Interesting thread. Glad to see we shouldn't get helicopters, but what about birds, bats, and bugs? I've noticed several night time videos which appear to show bats or birds as supposed "UFO's", is there any way to avoid confusing those with real UFOs?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Several members of my squadron went to Dulce to briefly investigate the cattle mutilations recently found nearby. We too used Sony camcorders with night vision, Nikon binoculars and camera’s, Trifield Meters
www.trifield.com...

and Scientific Instruments digital Geiger counters
www.imagesco.com...

We also had ATN Fusion Image Intensification Thermal System FIITS14 head gear, among the other equipment that we brought with us.
Here is a link to our most recent excursion.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
During the Lake Tahoe Drone sighting and the Big Basin Drone sightings, we went up to Loon Lake, across from Lake Tahoe to investigate. I did capture 1 anomaly with one of our Nikon cameras. If some one would like to walk me through the process of posting here on ATS, I’ll be more than happy to do so on a new thread. The photo needs to be enlarged, and I don’t have the patience to do so. I suppose I could U2U it from my mail box in ATS.
Either way, you have started an excellent thread, S&F.
Just remember, Be Very Careful in what you are attempting to do. Always check your 6.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I have a question and wanted to know... how to get interdimensional craft on film ? At night...i can see them under certain degrees of viewing...but my normal camera can't... i have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX500...i can see them with regular binoculars though...what would you suggest? i don't have much cash to spend though... thanks!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Great first thread! Welcome to ATS!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'm going to try and reply to as many questions in one post as possible.

Reply to Cybernet

A Casio -Exilim -7.2 megapixel camera would be a good idea, the higher the pixel of the camera, the better chance you have of catching cloaked or fast moving interdimensional entities.

Reply to Violater1
Can I see this photo?

What do you mean 'check your 6?'

Reply to Arbitrageur
I'm afraid I can't help you with that question. People should just learn to tell the difference between birds, bats, bugs, weather baloons etc.
With an HD camera it should be more clear if it's a genuine UFO or not.

Reply to jkrog08
I completly forgot to mention MUFON! I often to them and use their UFO Stalker.
Thanks, and I like your Holiday Season version of your avatar!

Reply to justjoemusic
Good luck with the night vision goggles!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I would suggest you purchase a Sony HD Camcorder and Galileo GR-BC - Binoculars with digital camera 8 x 22 before UFO hunting.

You don't need multiple equipment you will have to select from when you need to act fast. One will do. Getting a MiniDV or DVD camcorder (High Definition is a plus) with a high optical zoom ratio such as 64x or even 70x is your best bet. Of course, it goes without saying that such a camcorder is a mini telescope so you will need either a tripod or monopod and if you don't want to carry either one that you learn through practice how to steady the camcorder using whatever is available including parts of your body. The bottom line is that as you start to zoom, shakiness will be magnified and a support, any support, is better than just holding the camcorder.

I prefer camcorders with viewfinders as bringing it up to your eye will allow you to cradle the camcorder with your free hand (if it isn't mounted on something) and you can also use your other eye to center the camcorder. Using the LCD screen is a bad choice as there is a good possibility that you won't see the distant object on the screen and you'll waste time looking for it and aiming the camcorder properly.

Do as I did and practice videotaping ascending and descending airplanes so that you can act naturally should that one-in-a-million event happen and you're fortunate to videotape a real UFO.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Tripods are very much worth getting, thank you for contributing and I must do some research on the camera you mentioned.

By the way, the reason I said you should purchase the binoculars is in case you see somthing that might be a UFO but turns out to be an airplane.. preferably for day-time UFO Hunting when your cameras zoom isn't enough.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Tripods are very much worth getting, thank you for contributing and I must do some research on the camera you mentioned.

By the way, the reason I said you should purchase the binoculars is in case you see somthing that might be a UFO but turns out to be an airplane.. preferably for day-time UFO Hunting when your cameras zoom isn't enough.

You don't really need a tripod unless you're going to be in one spot for a long time. But let's say you're walking down the street and you see something you are not sure what it is. You gotta act fast and start videotaping first and ask questions later. The good thing about having your camcorder at the ready whenever you're outside is that you don't lose time trying to setup.

And because you're shooting with a replaceable medium, unlike emulsion film, if what you shot turns out to be a balloon, or a plane, or a helicopter, or a blimp, or a high flying bird such as a seagull, or anything, you can always rewind the tape or re-record the DVD, and be ready for the next time.

I videotaped a UFO because I was practicing taping ascending airplanes from a local airport. But even when I was outside I'd shoot balloons just to be sure I didn't miss anything. You don't want to pick up the binoculars, realize you have a genuine UFO and be able to only take a photo or two. You want footage from the word GO!

I've had 6 solid sightings and the thing about some UFOs is that they don't wait for you to be ready. They're there and if you look away as I've done, they're gone!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hahah my town is an Australian UFO HotSpot. Well no Wonder with Pine Gap!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

So your camcorder makes DVD discs? Do you have a link to were one of these camcorders can be purchased?

Also, the videos you have, are these night or day shots?

And I see your point, your absolutly right, it should be videotaped ASAP, instead of just observed.
I'll edit my thread post later.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rebelwithoutacause

You should try videotaping your sky.

Some people buy motion detecting infrared cams and leave them recording at the sky all day until something is detected.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

So your camcorder makes DVD discs? Do you have a link to were one of these camcorders can be purchased?

Also, the videos you have, are these night or day shots?

And I see your point, your absolutly right, it should be videotaped ASAP, instead of just observed.
I'll edit my thread post later.

No, I never owned a DVD camcorder but I was considering upgrading to one since having to wait for a tape to rewind or fast forward is sort-of old technology. Besides DVDs, there are flash storage known as hard disk camcorders which also use SD (Secure Digital) cards. When it comes to camcorders you really have to educate yourself to find the best one for your needs and your pocket. They're not hugely expensive, fortunately. Here is a camcorder that any UFO hunter should have as its features are perfect. Take a look or look it up for more info. But remember, there are a lot more models with different features.

Panasonic SDR-H80K
60GB Standard Definition Camcorder
•HDD & SD Card Slot
•70x Optical Zoom with Advanced O.I.S.
Close-up shots w/ reduced hand shake.
•iA Mode w/ Face Detection
Captures faces in dim or backlit scenes.
•YouTube™ Uploader
Shoot video and upload to YouTube™
•Black

My video was during the day from Central Park in NYC and it lasts only seconds because while shooting on high stairs I lost my footing and almost landed 30 or 40 feet below on hard rock! But you can see an airplane ascending and the white object just sitting there. I put vidcaps on a thread here.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebelwithoutacause
Hahah my town is an Australian UFO HotSpot. Well no Wonder with Pine Gap!

I was surprised to see my small island group at the very top of the European hot spots!

Having seen a few unusual lights by chance before I have been meaning to actively search for more for some time now, and with this new information I really have no excuse for not giving this a go...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Yes I will when i get back home. if fact the shooting range i go to is next to pine gap and i know this is off topic, but, if i can, i will try to record some stuff there too.

I have seen some unusual stuff in the skies recently but my camcorder is broken but when recive a new one i will try get it out ASAP. Plus i live on the hills there, well near the big Ranges, so when i get the chance i will climb on top of them and "watch the skys"

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I'm looking up the Panasonic SDR-H80K. It looks like a good deal, thanks.

Can you show me the link to your thread?

I'm so happy right now because at 11:40pm I saw a UFO so close under the clouds heading south. I was driving home when I saw it and sadly had no camera. I stopped to watch it through my binoculars. It was the closest UFO I ever saw.

It appeared to be two very dim giant lights in the sky ziggzagging everywere. I never saw something like it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join