It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media And The 9/11 Truth Movement

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Haha this thread is great. Using logic I arrived at the conclusion the official story is not accurate, in it's entirety. Any "debunkers" care to argue that the official story is 100% accurate and not missing any facts?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

same here.

the thing that got me looking at the 911 conspiracy, was the in-fighting when the commission report was being written, and the fact that thermite (Thermate) was found in the dust of the WTC buildings. Not to mention WTC7 that was never hit by a plane went down into its own footprint.

constant inconsistencies kept coming up, over and over again.

Guys, show US why the OS is 100% true!

(EDIT: Forgot to add 7)

[edit on 12/13/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
"I invite anyone to go back through my posts and show ehen I have EVER insulted anyone here."

Thanks for the invitation GoodOlDave. Since you asked, please have a look at the second post on the following page from GoodOlDave:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here are not one, not two, but three insults by GoodOlDave wrapped into one post:

"You are being disingenuous."

"You're being anal retentive in your criticisms and you know it."

"FYI if you don't agree with Thomas Eagar, fine, but calling him a moron is being childish, and only impacts your credibility, not his."

So basically, within one post, GoodOlDave manages to call me disingenuous, anal retentive and childish. Maybe he just miswrote (the equivalent of misspoke), because we all know GOD doesn't insult anyone!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

I cant help, but laugh, because its true, and my OP supports this!

you cant win an argument with insults, you win with facts, something the OS had a hard time holding onto!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
So basically, within one post, GoodOlDave manages to call me disingenuous, anal retentive and childish. Maybe he just miswrote (the equivalent of misspoke), because we all know GOD doesn't insult anyone!

It is not insultive to point out a disingenuous claim when it is in fact disingenuous, and it's certainly not insultive to point out it's being childish for you to call someone a moron simply becuase you don't agree with him. I notice you didn't contest any of that, when I said it.

As for the anal retetentive claim, you were bickering over the exact amount of fuel the jets used in an hour. I don't think there are too many people who are going to side in with you over that being relevent to anything worthwhile.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

A video upload with famous people talking about how they interpret actualities. Mos Def, Cornell West, Charlie Sheen, Gary Busey, Martin Sheen, Immortal Technique, Matt Bellamy, Robbie Williams, David Lynch, Slipknot, Eminem, Jadakiss.

Snip-it from the youtube video description

Lots of celebrities on board with the truth movement now. do you think people will follow something blindly for so long in a supposed free society? i think not!

It is apparent that more and more people are dropping the OS fairytale day by day.

Think DOMINO EFFECT.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Aside from the countless glaring anomalies that lead us to reject the official accounts of 9/11, the mainstream media's treatment of this topic is highly suspicious. Persistent avoidance of specific information, factual distortion and demonstrably false information are so commonplace we're forced to conclude there's something seriously wrong with both the official story and the mainstream media.

I could cite many cases, but instead will present in forensic detail a trivial but strikingly ironic example from a few weeks ago on BBC4's humorous panel show, "It's Only a Theory".

Guest theorist Andrew Keen (author of "The Cult of the Amateur") argued that "user generated media is killing our culture and economy". His gripe (apart from an open-source culture not jiving with his Capitalist instincts) was the usual one about the quality and trustworthiness of content produced by paid professionals versus that created by unpaid online contributors.

To make his case, a short extract from what was claimed to be the film "Zeitgeist" was shown. Over scenes of the WTC towers imploding, three commentaries are heard:

It looks like one of those scenes from a building purposely being dynamited and blown up.

Anyone who's ever watched a building being demolished on purpose knows that if you're going to do this you have to get at the under infrastructure of a building and bring it down.

The way the structure is collapsing - this was the result of something that was planned.

Andy Hamilton (program host): Now that's quite popular on the internet, and it seems to me that what it encompasses is, is the way that it makes everyone believe that they're an expert - like everyone's an expert on... there's a marvellous line in that when he says 'everyone who's ever seen a building collapsed on purpose knows this is what it looks like'.

Andrew Keen: Well I think the problem is is that we live in a culture of conspiracy theories. We live in a culture where increasingly authorities in mainstream media and politics are being undermined and questioned. And you have a movie like that which has been downloaded millions of times which suggests - and many people now in America accept this, against all scientific proof, that 9/11 was a conspiracy - that George Bush and Dick Cheney organized the whole thing in a back room.... There's always been conspiracy, there's always been nonsense - but now you can have a couple of college kids, like in that movie, with a few hundred dollars, who can put some clips together; can overlay it with credible sound; put the movie out on the internet without any intermediaries, without any judgement - and everyone believes it.

How well did the BBC justify a reputation for fact checking and trustworthiness in this short piece?

1. The film clip they showed wasn't from Zeitgeist (it featured Alex Jones).

2. Zeitgeist wasn't made by "a couple of college kids".

3. The host and Keen's inference that the film-makers themselves dubbed "credible sounding" commentaries describing the imploding buildings over the footage is drastically disingenuous. Those commentaries were broadcast by mainstream journalists on 9/11 and are documents to the fact that experienced commentators believed they were witnessing controlled demolitions at the time.

4. Keen claims that people believe 9/11 "was a conspiracy" against all scientific proof - as if the official story doesn't claim exactly the same thing.

5. He claims that people believe 9/11 was a conspiracy "against all scientific proof" - when the official theory hasn't been proven in law - still less "scientifically proven".

6. He lumps all alternative theories into an absurd one which no sensible person actually believes - "Bush and Cheney organized the whole thing in a back room".

7. The host's comment about everyone watching the implosions and believing they're experts fails to acknowledge that many who suspect they're controlled demolitions are experts.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by EvilAxis]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Great thread ugie1028.

I notice the same negative tag team of OS believers came in here to attack the truth as usual with their negative insults and ridicule. I rarely read any of them anymore I just skip right past their post. These same posters never have anything constructive to add to the OP thread.

Ugie you change your avatar I did not know it was you. Anyway I agree the media has let the truth down and are being paid to sell the OS lies. It is clear now that we do not have a freedom of the Press any longer, as you already know the only freedom of the Press are for the owners of the Press.

As far as I am concern I will never give them one red cent of my hard earn money to support lies for profit.
The mainstream media has sold itself out for corrupt corporatism and military propaganda, which has all been proven a long time ago.

Look at CNN it is a joke! How they can call themselves a News sources. CNN has become nothing more than entertainment, it is a joke LOL Look at the balloon boy story I mean they spent a week on it all day long. Look what they did to Tiger Woods for three days. A freaking celebrity for God sakes, I do not care how many woman the man sleeps with its not New worthy to me. Our mainstream News has become no different from the National Enquire.

It is obvious you will not get the truth on TV and we must remember it is nothing but a fantasy box full of all kinds of entertainments, which is what I use television for, mostly to watch movies.

Forget the National Newspapers as well; they have sold out to corrupt corporate lies.
The only place you can find the truth is on the internet where the truth “must” have a sources, it is up to the reader if the source is creditable or not. Yes, we know the internet is also full of lairs however, they cannot control all the flow of information around the world as much as they would like to, it will never happen.

Billions of dollars are at stake if the United States Government thinks it is going to control the flow of information of freedom of speech on the World Wide Web. The minute the government tries to pass laws to control information on the internet the government will have a war by the people. The reason is, it is about the only thing we the people have left that we can depend on for important information.
That is why the Newspaper companies are collapsing. (No one likes reading lies) People are waking up and they are waking up to realize they been lied to for years. When information has to be controlled, there is no room for truth.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by impressme]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

I was kind of wondering when you would pop your head in here!

I change my avatar, time-to-time. I think this ones going to be with me for a good while.

Back on Topic:

I agree, our news sources have betrayed us. I was watching the tiger woods thing, and i was thinking the same thing. I was dumbfounded by the amount of coverage a sex scandal had. I mean come on, there has to me more important news rather than tiger words getting jiggy with it when he was away from home or on tour. its sickening that were being spoon fed this garbage.

All of it is just entertainment, and a guise to make us FEEL SAFE! with all the 'Terror' out there, why not fluff up the news with benign stories? I would love to see the day when CNN, MSNBC, or FOX actually covered the 911 story without the OS lies. Bring on the independent investigators that are not backed by govt officials, or have their hand in the cookie jar? Is it sooo much to ask for a non biased investigation into the events of 9/11?

I would like to know how thermite, or thermate wound up in the dust of the WTC rubble.

I would like to know WHY WTC7 fell, when it wasn't even hit by a plane!

I would like to know HOW a steel reinforced concrete building came down at (Almost) free-fall speed.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY NORAD was ordered to STAND DOWN!

I would like to know everything about these attacks, either perpetrated from people overseas, or behind our own walls.

Finally, i would like to know, Why have the supposed leaders of this country, let us down!

I want to know everything revolving around 9/11. TOO many half-assed answers from supposed trustworthy news sources.

I have met a few family members who share the same questions, who share the same determination to find out what happened to their families, friends, and most of all, and (MOST IMPORTANT) our country!

I want my Countries government to come forward, and directly address these poor families unanswered questions!

[edit on 12/14/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
I would like to know how thermite, or thermate wound up in the dust of the WTC rubble.

pity that none was actually found! If it was found, what was the composition of it? What was the exact location it was found at and who found it?

I would like to know WHY WTC7 fell, when it wasn't even hit by a plane!

It was damaged by the collapse of the other buildings, and a unchecked fire.

I would like to know HOW a steel reinforced concrete building came down at (Almost) free-fall speed.

it didnt
www.debunking911.com...

[edit on 14-12-2009 by dereks]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Truthers frequently allege that the msm doesn't present their point of view and this is because they are complicit, acquiescent, too cowardly to challenge government.

I don't believe this is true. Elements of the msm are frequently attacking the administration and individual politicians on a whole range of issues. I think the real reason the msm does not report truther issues is that truthers have not come up with anything coherent and credible.

A case in point, and subject of another thread on here, about 3 weeks ago Pf9/11truth issued a press statement saying AA 77 could not have been hi-jacked because the flight data recorder did not show the cockpit door being opened during that final fatal flight. The msm, so far as I am aware, did not report this.

It very soon became apparent that the flight data recorder had some 42 hrs of operations recorded on it, including 11 previous flights and maintenance checks on the ground. In none of that recording was the door shown to open. Anyone who has been following that thread will have seen that it is extremely unlikely that that aircraft was ever capable of recording the flight deck door parameter.

So, Pf9/11t issued their press statement without doing the most elementary research and now have egg all over their face. Msm didn't touch it, wisely so.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

It very soon became apparent that the flight data recorder had some 42 hrs of operations recorded on it, including 11 previous flights and maintenance checks on the ground. In none of that recording was the door shown to open. Anyone who has been following that thread will have seen that it is extremely unlikely that that aircraft was ever capable of recording the flight deck door parameter.

So, Pf9/11t issued their press statement without doing the most elementary research and now have egg all over their face. Msm didn't touch it, wisely so.

That is exactly like the truthers here, they read something on a conspiracy website, do not bother to check with several sources, or check to see if their source was valid and proudly announce it as all part of the huge conspiracy about 911. Their statement is then shown to be false and they then claim that you are a government paid disinformation agent

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Rebunkers (not a misspelling) can harp on the strawman fallacies of "Star Wars weapon" or "no plane" nonsense, or whatever else that's meaningless, all they want, but the fact remains that THE main reason for the ignorance of the lamestream media on 9/11 is their refusal to acknowledge the most basic and real PHYSICS. There's no PHYSICAL way a mere (extremely smoky, sufficiently oxygen-starved) jet fuel fire, that actually affected only a few floors, can weaken the core steel of the ENTIRE structures - enough to VERY QUICKLY demolish them into mostly fine white and gray powder. I could go on and on about what happened in NYC and the Pentagon and (near) Shanksville, but I'm very tired of repeating myself. We who don't flout the laws of physics are secure enough to not have to argue with believers in fairy tales.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dean Goldberry
There's no PHYSICAL way a mere (extremely smoky, sufficiently oxygen-starved) jet fuel fire, that actually affected only a few floors, can weaken the core steel of the ENTIRE structures

except you ignore the fact that it did not have to weaken the entire structures - your lack of knowledge of physics and engineering is very obvious

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by Dean Goldberry
There's no PHYSICAL way a mere (extremely smoky, sufficiently oxygen-starved) jet fuel fire, that actually affected only a few floors, can weaken the core steel of the ENTIRE structures

except you ignore the fact that it did not have to weaken the entire structures - your lack of knowledge of physics and engineering is very obvious

Not only that, but a lack of knowledge of what every report the gov't put out on the subject says...whcih doesn't seem to stop them from complaining about them. It continuously irks me how some truther or another keeps griping how "the 9/11 commission report lied about how the WTC towers collapsed" when the report never said anything about why the towers collapsed. It was to document who was behind the attack, how they did it, and what the US response was during the attack, not the mechanical physics the collapse.

It's blatantly obvious they're simply repeating the nonsense they pick up from those damned fool conspiracy web sites.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Dave I see you repeatedly stating the "Truthers" need to organize and figure out who we're going to blame.
What you don't seem to understand is we're not looking for someone to BLAME so much as finding ANY realistic and logical answers!!
Without SOMEONE stepping up with at least some of our question's answers we're at a standstill....and unfortunately "they" counted on their stone-walling and vague non-answers to leave us here with nowhere to go but actual physical revolt which they believe us incapable of...
Believe me, I for one almost wish I COULD go back to blindly believing the OS...seeing what appears to have REALLY happened feels like waking up to find that your warm cozy feelings are actually the flames of the oven you're being shoved into with that big red apple in your mouth...

Oooops...seems I've somehow gotten rooted in the midst of the "Truthers" without even realizing I WAS one! lol

[edit on 12/17/2009 by SmokeyDawn]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyDawn
Dave I see you repeatedly stating the "Truthers" need to organize and figure out who we're going to blame. What you don't seem to understand is we're not looking for someone to BLAME so much as finding ANY realistic and logical answers!!

Then you've contradicted yourself. I've talked to quite a number of self declared truthers here, and almost to a man/woman, not a single person has ever read the 9/11 commission report, which, to me, is almost mandatory for anyone claiming to simply be looking for answers. If you don't believe the information to be credible, fine, I can accept that, but for someone to say they don't find it credible they at least ought to know what it is they don't find credible to begin with, don't you think? It's akin to saying you hate a song without ever actually listening to the song.

Let me ask you- have YOU read the 9/11 commission report?

Without SOMEONE stepping up with at least some of our question's answers we're at a standstill....and unfortunately "they" counted on their stone-walling and vague non-answers to leave us here with nowhere to go but actual physical revolt which they believe us incapable of...

Nah, that's not it. Most if not all of your questions have already been answered, or at least, someone somewhere has made a legitimate stab at answering them. What I found is that either a) these damned fool conspiracy web sites are deliberately filtering and manipulating the information they're presenting to make it look as if it's all some great big sinister mystery to get you all paranoid over shadows, or b) these conspiracy theorists are so madly in love with the idea that the gov't staged some inside job that they'll never believe anything that contradicts what they themsleves want to believe.

I will give you as many examples of either of these that you'd like.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Though I was on the opposite coast I still recall the utter horror, shock and helplessness as I watched TV that morning so yes I did read the Report (once it FINALLY was made public) and am now ashamed that I so blithely accepted the fodder for so long even though my gut and brain kept telling me something wasn't right.
It wasn't till fairly recently that I started reading/watching EVERYTHING after linking to "Loose Change" through various OTHER links!!
Most of the reason it took me so long is I STILL have trouble watching without getting emotional and I DESPISE getting "weepy"....
And I completely agree Dave that noone can KNOW/HATE anything they haven't bothered to experience/ learn about! And I agree as well on your second point....the conspiracy fanatics make it hard to see the actual "Truthers"...

Thank you for the civility of your reply!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyDawn
Most of the reason it took me so long is I STILL have trouble watching without getting emotional and I DESPISE getting "weepy"....
And I completely agree Dave that noone can KNOW/HATE anything they haven't bothered to experience/ learn about! And I agree as well on your second point....the conspiracy fanatics make it hard to see the actual "Truthers"...

Thank you for the civility of your reply!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Whoaaa!! I totally missed (or ignored) that part!! Seriously!!
But I really only remember the points they raised that made sense and that they produced some evidence for....then I went to find more info from EVERY other source to find my own answers! *nod*
I'm usually the most skeptical of people believe it or not! lol
See my brain still rejects most garbage!

[edit on 12/17/2009 by SmokeyDawn]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join