It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Prime Minsiter attacked: Rushed to Hospital

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The Italian Prime minister Silvio Berlusconi has been attacked and was punched in the face or some object was thrown at him. The Prime Minister was giving a speech. He has been taken to the hospital.

I will see if I can post a link here but there is nothing online as of now but this was on the BBC

This is the link

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 13-12-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Live coverage on RAI 24 News (in Italian, obviously)

www.rainews24.rai.it...

Just a smack in the mouth I think.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Probably due to the team acmilan being rubbish at the mo.

He will not sell the team either, and the fans are sick of the teams low performance at the mo.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Still photo on RAI News shows the PM with a bloodied face, with what looks like a bad cut above his left, upper lip. He's looks shocked.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Remember he is an old man.

I would not want to be the person who did this, knowing prime ministers and the italian way of dealing with things lol.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala
He's looks shocked.

Yes that tends to be a common side effect of having a face bounced against a clenched fist several times, and going by the mainstream it does look like he got well bounced.

I hope the assailants knuckles are not too badly scuffed.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala
He's looks shocked.

Well, he is not going to be cheerful after being struck in the face with an object

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

They reckon on the news he was punched.

Some young bloke did it apparently, would not like to be that person now, knowing italians, and the fact he is prime minister.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm well aware an old man might looked shocked having been punched in the mouth.

I was merely relaying what I saw on RAI News for the benefit of those who hadnt seen the photograph, I really have no need for the anglo saxon sarcasm

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Sorry, I did not mean to come across as sarcastic, It was actually posting tongue in cheek, with a wry smile that a corrupt old man and an attitude for self service just got served – more a high five than sarcasm.

I am against needless violence but for members of the elite and rare blows to their well fed upholstery I can always find time for an exception.

Sorry for the misunderstanding you got from my post.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67

I am against needless violence but for members of the elite and rare blows to their well fed upholstery I can always find time for an exception.

You sound like a real swell fellow
perhaps when you are old and "elitiest" you may face the same from someone less elitiest than you.

There is always someone worse off than you and they may think you the rich dude.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
That was quite a punch. You reap what you sow.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
At last, something to bring a bit of cheer.

Berlusconi is a reprehensible narcissistic butt hole who treats others like dirt, so some payback is always nice to see.

Now, if only Tony Blair would visit the town.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

I am a swell fellow and when I am old and” elitist” (lol what) I will be happy in the knowledge that I never stepped on anyone, never destroyed anyone and I never bribed anyone to gain something for myself blah, blah and blah. So yes I am a swell fellow and believe me or not I do not care because I have never read anything from you, never seen you before, you are knee jerk words on a screen, pandering to false sentiment.

People who pander to these sentiments always use the “You must be a swell fellow.” It does not wash with me, go pick on someone who cares about your assessment of them.

The corrupt should not be allowed to find solace and comfort in old age and as long as people like you defend them based purely on their years, these dogs will continue to destroy us, divide us and tax us to the hilt so they can live debauched lives.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

The news said that the attacker had been in treatment for mental problems for ten years.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I would like some clarity regarding this..... The problem is this, please answer.
How was it that at the time of the incident was the news camera conveniently facing the other way?
Leading up to the incident the public seemed squashed unable to even outstretch an arm?
One video shows the president being bundled into the car with his mouth covered yet the other shows him and his "face" just as he was getting in? This couldnt have happened at the same time? both? 1 mouth covered and other not? Could this be some other plot or motive.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by Ulala

Remember he is an old man.

That likes to sleep with young girls

he deserved this in more ways than one

Edit: Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by intrepid]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by enca78

What I have watched from BBC news 24 is that the assailant was incensed by the president who seemed to be inflaming the crowd he was addressing.

The crowd was not happy with remarks or words according to the BBC he was issuing in regard to something I did not pick up on. As he was getting into the car someone raced past his people and struck him a single blow to the face while holding a hard metallic object.

In other words an improvised knuckle duster!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The bloke has a facebook page, someone has already posted on his page a picture, lol

www.facebook.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

The news said that the attacker had been in treatment for mental problems for ten years.

Ya of course they would say it was a "Mental Dude!"

The corrupt Berlusconi & elite friends control the frikkin' Italian media!

How would the manipulated Italian reality look if they released the news that the corrupted bastard actually got this present from an angry & upset citizen?

Laugh Now But One Day They'll Be In Charge - Shoe & Stuff Throwers of The World Will Rule This Planet!

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Chevalerous]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join