It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study confirms that some people do exhibit 'werewolf' tendencies during a full moon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

New study confirms that some people do exhibit 'werewolf' tendencies during a full moon.

www.news.com.au

The hospital's clinical research nurse in toxicology Leonie Calver said the study centred on 91 patients who attended the emergency department, displaying ``violent and acute behavioral disturbance'' between August 2008 and July 2009.

``Of the 91 patients, 21 (23 percent) presented during the full moon _ double the number for other lunar phases,'' Ms Calver said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is an amazing breakthrough in the field of understanding the origin of the werewolf myth, IMO. As the article states, most professionals would scoff at the notion of people becoming more violent during something as esoteric as a lunar phase.

While it unfortunately doesn't yet show why it happens, it does prove that it happens. Very interesting indeed.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Moon madness,i have heard of this and know quite a lot of people suffer from it.
One full moon on an evening walk i had noticed quite a few people losing their cool,in various locations.I did presume that they were suffering from this.

Edited to add that the police make more arrests during a full moon period.
Police link full moon to rise in aggression

[edit on 13-12-2009 by tracey ace]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I used to work in a customer service environment and we used to joke about how customers were more aggressive during a full moon. Eventually we did notice a pattern too that people would be worse during a full moon than during any other phase.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I was thinking of doing my own study like this. I was in the middle of shaving my wifes back when i started thinking.
Then after a quick google search i realized someone had beaten me to it.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Isn't this more a proof on the etymology of the word "lunatic' then on lycanthropy?

Without going into to much biological detail the moon effects many mammals.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.

This is an amazing breakthrough in the field of understanding the origin of the werewolf myth, IMO.

Nah it's not a breakthrough. Lunacy (Lunatic). It's old hat!

IRM

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I noticed this moon madness way back in the times when I used to work as a nightclub bouncer in Glasgow and Edinburgh back in the eighties. It is not new to those who work or have worked with the public but it is great news that it is starting to become more mainstream.

Starred OP

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Nothing new under the sun, as they say. This is old news, and they say police all over the world know this in loads of areas, but do never say it.

Amazing, but someone like richard dawkins would say this is wrong, lol. Even though science in the terms of facts on numbers, show its true.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
chapter 3, biological, ELECTROMAGNETISM & LIFE

Many years before, at the close of the nineteenth century, it had been noted that the earth's normal magnetic field fluctuated with a lunar tidal pattern. This had led Arrhenius to postulate that somehow the cyclic pattern of living things was linked to this environmental parameter (11). Since then other studies have shown how complex and pervasive these rhythms are in the earth's geophysical environment. In particular, Konig had shown in 1959 that the magnitude of the 10 Hz frequency band in the ELF spectrum followed a precise diurnal variation (12 ) .

Dr Frank brown did a lot of this research.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
Isn't this more a proof on the etymology of the word "lunatic' then on lycanthropy?

Without going into to much biological detail the moon effects many mammals.

Exactly. you hit the right spot

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
maybe it could have been what started the original myth of werewolves to begin with? a few stories of people going mad at the full moon and over time the story was exaggerated etc? Just a thought!

I've also heard this before in conversation, but then again, i've worked in the liquor industry, so i've just about seen mad people every night

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I've always wondered what affect alcohol has when added into this mix. Drunken werewolves! The next full moon is New Years eve evening.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Divinorumus]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
I noticed this moon madness way back in the times when I used to work as a nightclub bouncer in Glasgow and Edinburgh back in the eighties. It is not new to those who work or have worked with the public but it is great news that it is starting to become more mainstream.

Starred OP

How could you tell the difference in Glasgow?

Yeah, pretty much old news, but at least there is scientific evidence for this old wives tale.

new topics

top topics

join