It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian scientists detect signs of life on Moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

NASA admissions only after the effective Indian discovery.
India had announced the discovery of Water on the moon weeks before NASA.
NASA is forced to declare that “There is water on the moon. Much water”.

And from now forward it will be always so.

New competitors to the horizon and new scenarios for the space supremacy.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

This is exactly what I tried to point out, NASA tells us nothing unless they are forced to, more is coming out now because other countries are taking the lead in space technology which is very sad, on the other hand they should be working together for the greater good, what a concept.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

NASA released findings similar to India's findings soon after the Apollo missions.
Checking on Google, I was able to find articles going back to the seventies, and I myself have seen it discussed on Discovery and Nat Geo.

jra

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
India had announced the discovery of Water on the moon weeks before NASA.

And that discovery was made with a NASA instrument as I said in my previous post. It's called the Moon Mineralogy Mapper or M3 for short.

Originally posted by Aquarius1
NASA tells us nothing unless they are forced to

In what way is NASA being forced to tell us things?

on the other hand they should be working together for the greater good, what a concept.

Isn't that exactly what they're doing? Chandrayaan-1 carried 6 instruments from other agencies or organizations like I said in my previous post. Three of them from the ESA, two from NASA and one from the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hey check this out

‘Super-Earths’ orbit nearby stars

By Wire News Sources on December 15, 2009

Solar system (SPL)

Planet-hunters have discovered two "super-Earths" orbiting two nearby Sun-like stars.

These rocky planets are larger than the Earth but much smaller than ice giants such as Uranus and Neptune.

Scientists say the discoveries are a step towards finding potentially habitable planets - smaller planets that are comparable to the Earth.

Details of the new planets are described in two papers in the Astrophysical Journal.

Two US-based scientists led the international research effort - Paul Butler from the Carnegie Institution’s Department of Terrestrial Magnetism in Washington and Steven Vogt of the University of California, Santa Cruz.

They combined several years’ worth of data from the W M Keck Observatory in Hawaii, and the Anglo-Australian Telescope in New South Wales, Australia.

"The discovery of potentially habitable nearby worlds may be just a few years away"

Steven Vogt
University of California, Santa Cruz
Herald de Paris

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by basilray

Thanks for the info basilray, the discoveries seem to be coming fast and furious these days.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d062cd42976.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join