It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Secretary of State reports alien bodies in Capitol building in 1939?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
U.S. Secretary of State (and Nobel prize winner) Cordell Hull and Reverend Turner Hamilton Holt, reported to have witnessed alien bodies in the basement of a Capitol building in 1939.

Cordell Hull and the UFO-Alien Problem During the Roosevelt Administration

What many of the UFO-alien-lore-challenged commoners do not know is that spooky and clandestine things had been going on long before the 1947 Roswell event took place. In fact, in 1939, Cordell Hull, Secretary of State for President Franklin D. Roosevelt, decided to show his cousin a little surprise. Hull brought his cousin, the Reverend Turner Hamilton Holt, into a sub-basement of the U.S. Capitol Building to show him something would shake him to his soul. Hull consequently made his cousin swear never to reveal what he was about to see. Though Holt swore to Cordell Hull that he would keep the secret, Holt feared that if he didn't tell his family what he saw, this information would be lost upon his death.

Hull took Holt into a room in that basement that contained four rather large glass containers into which a child could easily fit. In each of the jars was a creature of horrendous visage. The tiny humanoid-like creatures were floating in some sort of chemical preservative. The only word Holt could find to describe these beings was: creatures. No other detailed descriptions were forthcoming.

Near the preserved creatures was some sort of flying disc. It looked wrecked and as though someone(s) had been taking the thing apart to see what made it tick. An attempt was being made, no doubt, to see if the U.S. could glean information and useable technology that could be used.
According to Reverend Holt, Cordell Hull told him this had to be kept secret to prevent widespread panic among the American public.
Holt asked his family to wait until both he and cousin Cordell were dead before revealing this information. Holt's children did just that.

Sometime in December of 1999, one of the Reverend's daughters, Lucile Andrew of Ashland, Ohio, sent a letter with this information to a prominent UFO Research center.

Credibility of witnesses always is one of the main proving grounds when anything like this is revealed. The amazing thing is that both of the principals involved, Secretary of State Cordell Hull and Reverend Turner Hamilton Holt, Th.D, had impeccable credentials as intelligent and honest men.

Cordell Hull revealed to his cousin a secret long before the idea of a UFO and its Alien occupants was even remotely a part of the common culture and public mindset. Remember, this took place in 1939 and Roswell happened in 1947. Hull was a Statesman extraordinaire with no motive to set up some elaborate hoax.

"Cordell Hull (October 2, 1871-July 23, 1955) was an American politician from the U.S. state of Tennessee. He is best-known as the longest-serving Secretary of State, having held the position for 11 years (1933-1944) in the administration of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Hull received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1945 for his role in establishing the United Nations, and was referred to by President Roosevelt as the Father of the United Nations."

With a doctorate in theology from Ashland Theological Seminary and the minister of a Christian Church in Greenwich, Ohio, Holt was also a book author and community leader.

Neither man had a reputation of being a person given to wild fantasies or outright lies.

A Capitol Building curator was able to verify that at the time the alleged event took place, there was indeed a sub-basement in the Capitol Building that was divided up into rooms.

Links:

www.ufocasebook.com...
www.associatedcontent.com...
www.seekingmoinfo.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Nice information. Wasn't this before all the black budget operations are thought to have took control of the situation?

Also, if this is true, does this change the notion that we uncovered the origins and technologies at Roswell, when in fact it was already discovered?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Excellent video. This is where the secrets come out. The people who experienced these things years ago that are in their advancing years and realising they need to stop keeping it a secret. nice find.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Credibility of witnesses always is one of the main proving grounds when anything like this is revealed. The amazing thing is that both of the principals involved, Secretary of State Cordell Hull and Reverend Turner Hamilton Holt, Th.D, had impeccable credentials as intelligent and honest men.

But so what? They are not the ones making the claim, it is Holt's daughter.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Exactly. Misleading title needs to be fixed.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
But so what? They are not the ones making the claim, it is Holt's daughter.

Well, its both the daughters who beleived they had an obligation to pass on the testimony (Alene Holt Gramly and Lucille Holt Andrew) but I see your point.

Lucille continued to work full time teaching piano and voice until her death. Lucille strongly beleived she and her sister had an obligation to fulfill their father's request to make information about the Capitol sub-basement known long after he and Cordell were gone.

We can be thankful that she took the time to write to CUFOS as that allowed us to document the story so far. We owe Lucille our gratitude for opening up an important avenue of investigation into the history of the country's handling of the UFO mystery.

William E Jones -MUFON State Director for Ohio

www.seekingmoinfo.com...

As for the 'So what' comment, I thinks its a pretty darn interesting account even if you don't - I could of course be very wrong but the ladies in the video don't look like they're making things up.

Cheers.

reply to post by HankMcCoy

Hankster - title now has a question mark.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
"According to Reverend Holt, Cordell Hull told him this had to be kept secret to prevent widespread panic among the American public."

I get so ANGRY at this kind of thinking on the part of arrogant public officials who apparently believe all us "regular joes" will go bats**t bonkers if we are told the truth about anything and especially about the existence of aliens.

I guess probably the one thing that did more to stop full disclosure was the "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast on October 30, 1938 and aired over the Columbia Broadcasting System radio network. A lot of people took for a real invasion from Mars and panic broke out. It is no wonder people panicked given the dramatic way it was presented. Sadly I think it created a mindset in the pea brains of government officials that is still with us today.

I do not know what it is going to take to blow the lid off some of the government secrecy but I am sick to death of it.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I love when people admit honest mistakes as do the right thing. While I may not share your opinion of the content, S&F for integrity!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well this would lend credence to a theory that the Roswell crash was actually a US craft that crashed and the it was a UFO was just a cover story. Interesting stuff all and all.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

This is a new one for me, thanks for sharing this fascinating story with us Karl. S/F...

It makes you wonder, if true, where did those bodies and craft come from, if it was 8 years before Roswell. Although there has always been some theories stating that the UFO cover-up may have gone back to President Grover Cleveland, possibly sooner. Interesting find...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I don't want to be a naysayer but...

It's such a huge clanger that this man didn't want the information to die with him and yet he never wrote down or recorded his experience for future generations.

He has by default thereby left the door of ridicule wide open for his children and grandchildren to walk through. A bit selfish of him don't you think?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Interesting footage .....

One thing I don't get: why do a lot of people think that aliens came here since 1947, Roswell?

They always have been here, more or less. My guess is 'they' have been monitoring Earth (this Dimension) closely since the Zero Energy tests in the late 19th Century by Nikola Tesla.

PEACE!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

rex, i starred your post for it's logical forward thinking. HOWEVER, i have a friend, who's father was in the air force. when she was younger, she would talk about him bringing home files that nobody in the family could even think about looking at or opening. being a good little girl, she snuck into his room and tried reading them, but only got as far as 'classified' and 'ufo'. she got caught and in trouble and was told he can never talk about the files to anyone, not even his family, and left it at that. i'm sure you get what i'm sayin.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Some things to consider from the source article on the seekingmoinfo site.

I decided that the other way to check out this story would be to learn more about Cordell Hull. There is a chance that somewhere in his papers and correspondence he had written something about this obviously important event... I did obtain through interlibrary loan from the Library of Congress a copy of microfilm reels numbered 38 and 30 that contained Hull’s “desk diary” for the years 1938 through 1942. I wanted to see if there was an entry of an appointment with Holt in the diary. I found none.

I was referred to Jonathan G. Utley who now lives in Chicago. A retired professor from the University of Tennessee who has been working on a book about Cordell Hull for years, Utley was, needless to say, skeptical of the story...

Utley also pointed out that Hull was not particularly close to his extended family. Taking a cousin into his confidence would have been unusual. He was a very cautious man.

Utley thought that it would be unlikely that Hull would have had such easy access to the Capitol as Secretary of State because he was a member of the executive branch of government. Further, he rarely went there to testify, usually sending subordinates to do so in his place.

When the original author tried to research the topic he could find nothing to back up what the daughters said. That doesn't mean they lied. It just means that it must be left labeled questionable. If you can't back up the claims with evidence, or secondary witnesses, you must refuse to label it as empirical evidence.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna Tengwesta

One thing I don't get: why do a lot of people think that aliens came here since 1947, Roswell?

They always have been here, more or less. My guess is 'they' have been monitoring Earth (this Dimension) closely since the Zero Energy tests in the late 19th Century by Nikola Tesla.

PEACE!

I think, though I could be wrong, that the idea behind the 1947 date is that some nuclear bomb testing had been done nearby just prior to 'Roswell'. The intimation being that the explosions got us noticed for the first time, until then we were merely the galaxies latest juveniles incapable of upsetting the cosmic order, and therefore either not worth investigating or we were in a non-intervention stage of evolution. All very star treky.

I've heard testimony that they were definitely around in the 1850's and already colluding with the US Government. This supposedly led to some tension with the UK who felt the aliens should have come to them first.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by spookfish]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

You heard testimony about aliens being here since the 1850S?

WHERE did you hear that? And from whom?

It wouldn't suprise me at all. As for the atom-bomb and the 1947 connection .... USA were testing atom-bombs for a long time before they trew one on Hiroshima. Have no idea if thats a reason for aliens to seek more / closer contact with humans.

In my opinion it would be a good reason to avoid humans

PEACE!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have heard rumors of a 1939 crash and the Nazi's were in contact with nordic extra-terrestials (Aryans) at this time as well.

It really comes to little suprise that we recovered ETs during this period since technologicaly we were progressing at a very high rate thus we were under increased surveilance by these beings, even them are likely not immune to accidents.

I wish they went into more detail about the ETs to verify they were standard type-A greys.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna Tengwesta

PEACE!

Roswell Army Airfield was the only location in 1947 where three top technologies were being tested simultaneously; Atomic Bombs, Latest and most powerful in the world RADAR systems, and Rocket/Missiles capable of sending nukes anywhere including sending them beyond earth. They also had top secret testing of fuel-cell systems. Those fuel-cell technologies are still not heard of in todays media that I have ever seen.. Some used nuclear materials to power the fuell cells. They were of fairly small sizes and produced 400 to 4000 megawatts. We hear about fuel cells in NASA, but not the type that were being tested back then.
Thinking of Mankind as a tribal and aggressive species with all these technologies would certainly cause concern elsewhere just as it causes concern for many of us here.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookfish
I don't want to be a naysayer but...

It's such a huge clanger that this man didn't want the information to die with him and yet he never wrote down or recorded his experience for future generations.

He has by default thereby left the door of ridicule wide open for his children and grandchildren to walk through. A bit selfish of him don't you think?

What!?! I don't even understand this attitude in the least. He told his family and I'm sure didn't think they would go on something like YouTube to confess his story..

selfish? WHAT?

Do you just TRY and find fault in people?

I think this is wonderful information and I greatly thank his family for sharing but in no way do I find him selfish for telling them. They didn't have to come forward.

b

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
"According to Reverend Holt, Cordell Hull told him this had to be kept secret to prevent widespread panic among the American public."

I get so ANGRY at this kind of thinking on the part of arrogant public officials who apparently believe all us "regular joes" will go bats**t bonkers if we are told the truth about anything and especially about the existence of aliens.

I guess probably the one thing that did more to stop full disclosure was the "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast on October 30, 1938 and aired over the Columbia Broadcasting System radio network. A lot of people took for a real invasion from Mars and panic broke out. It is no wonder people panicked given the dramatic way it was presented. Sadly I think it created a mindset in the pea brains of government officials that is still with us today.

I do not know what it is going to take to blow the lid off some of the government secrecy but I am sick to death of it.

If the story was about rainbows and alien unicorns I agree with you, but some aspects of alien encounters are downright sinister. Knowing aliens are visiting is one thing, but abductions mutilations and a general apathy to the human condition could indeed cause panic.

Don't get angry at the officials who made these decisions, but try and understand why they might have. Not all the people involved were evil, some were genuinely good people who must have had good reasons to keep the secret.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join