It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for others who have had their rose colored glasses knocked off

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by intothelight

Thank you kindly friend.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

This is an awesome post WeAreAWAKE and I have really battled with this issue.
I absolutely agree with you that maybe we should give the uninitiated the choice about something that could change their view on life forever.

I really love your post, I just re-read it. It really does come down to how urgent the situation is and how convinced you are that bad things are about to happen.

I am optimistic by nature and I truly love innocence. My dilemma is, if you see someone you love(please read humanity here) because I do love humanity. Do you warn them that they are about to be hit by a train or do you just wait until they find out for themselves.

Which is going to have the most impact on their lives?

I just wish I was powerful enough to protect them without them realizing they where in danger but how do you do that?

Anybody please chip in with this one because I would really like the answer to this.

Thanks WeAreAWAKE for your viewpoint very, very, valid. A fellow musician and songwriter too.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

Hello KeeperOfGenisis I almost missed your post, sorry about taking so long to get back. Thanks for your welcome I appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

Dude, I've had that feeling upteen times....and I dont quit. When you go about, others on the same freq WILL gravitate to you. Like attracts like.
As was stated before, most are too afraid to question.

Some are just "asleep".

Welcome to the boards. Look forward to discussing (maybe arguing
) in the future?

As far as "helping" others? How can someone be "awakened" when they dont even realize they're asleep?

Bloody shame is, sometimes you have to let them "hit the wall" to let them realize its there. Knowing and Experiencing are different. You also have to accept that NO ONE is on the same path. Many may walk beside you, but each has his own and is in the place they need to be at.

Where I am, is where you will be. Paths may occasionally cross but NEVER join.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by felonius]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Thanks for the input felonius, in many ways I agree with you but I must say that I kind of resonate with what WeAreAWAKE said. It does seem harsh to shake people into our paranoid world and destroy the peace of mind that they enjoy.

It's a difficult road to tread and without spending hours explaining the whole sordid tale it would be a pretty grueling journey for them.

Maybe it's just best to hint at the problems we are all facing and hope that their faith will give them the strength if and when the SHTF. It could well be that divine intervention will happen to bring humanity back on track without them even knowing there was a problem in the first place.

Nice chatting, hope to meet you in future discussions.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I treat it like sharing the Gospel. (in no way do I want to derail into a religious discussion here) If you find yourself sharing the truth with someone find solace in knowing that you were meant to do just that. You can rest assured that you are not going to be burdening this person with more than they can handle, for if you were you would not be having the conversation in the first place. As long as we do not chase our own selfish ends we cant go wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Very good point also their WWJFKD, It seems to me that during my life, when I need to find information, that knowledge has come to me through various means.

I guess you could say that we are in peoples lives for a reason and maybe that is to just pass on something which they then go onto explore further.

Still seeking, never closing my mind to any argument.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

"Looking for others who have had their rose colored glasses knocked off"

Try Silvio Berlusconi

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

There is a universal law which adequately explains this event but I won't go into it on this thread only to add that I think Tony Blair is about to experience the same phenomena.

cheers tarifa37

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Hi Kenny, I appreciate your post and share your experiences. Two weeks ago I accidently upset a mother who had just vaccinated her two young children against Swine Flu. The information I gave her was deeply upsetting to her, for she had never exposed to it before. But since she had already vaccinated her kids that morning, there was nothing she could do to make a different choice in the matter.
It is good to inform people in an open minded manner, but it can certainly upset them too for it changes their reality.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Hi randyvs
You are totally correct and the difference is massive. I could become good friends with the person in your first example but I would probably stew on the second example for a few seconds run after him and poke him in the eye.

Pretty good turn out for an introduction thread.
It takes one to no one Kinney, so we'll prolly see some wit out of you to I
imagine.Don't let the trolls get to you. learn about our search engine= up
and right. It will help you at.
Oh hey I wasn't talkin about a guy slapping you.
I was thinking a chick.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythtified

Hi Mythtified,

That really is a real life example of what we have been discussing. The message is we really have to be sensitive to the situation at the time and to pick the right moment.

Maybe sometimes we should abort the mission. I have certainly reviewed my approach after some of the feedback from this thread. It seems to be a question of weighing the harm against the good of sharing our knowledge.

Good input, thank you.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hey randyvs hi again, yes it has been a good trip for my first time out, a lot of interesting feedback and I have learned some important things.

I have never been slapped by a female by the way, I have far to much respect to give them cause(and fear, did I mention fear)

I like your Tutankhamun avatar by the way, I guess you need the shades for gazing at Ra all day long.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Well Kenny since you asked actually this is the reason for the shades.
Try tp keep this under hat ok. I don't want every one to know
for fear of laughter

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8169234894d7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Cute randy,very cute.

Now, as I intend to post on these boards regularly once I get my thing together I feel confident that regardless of how ridiculous you may think my argument is or how banal you consider my choice of subject matter, I WILL .. have your full and enthusiastic support.

........ I think we understand each other.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join