It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is an NWO really so bad?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
i havnt been on ATS that long and since i joined ive been introduced to a LOT of new theories and conspiracies and other very interesting topics i wasnt aware of before.

ive been interested for a long time in things such as 2012, UFO's, ghosts and the 9/11 conspiracy...but since joining ATS ive read a lot about this NWO business.

and its been portraid as a very bad thing on here and i dont quite know why.

ive looked it up now for a while and i really dont see what is so bad about it.

dont get this confused with me actually backing it and disagreeing with what everyone else is saying...im basically asking for more information.

so......here goes my take on it....

countries have been joining together to form larger orders such as the EU or the US.
it makes sense that eventually because of technology advancements the planet will join together creating 1 planetary colony with a leader and global laws...this makes sense and seems like a good idea...at the moment countries are fighting between each other just like in history when cities would fight each other within a country.

so cities used to fight amongst each other...and finally would join together to form a nation.....then these nations would form together and things like the EU and US were created...so surely eventually we would have to join together globally to form a planetary colony??? i imagin that in the future (thousands of years) when humans will be a galactic civilization that eventually planets would join together to form galactic colonies....we are simply just moving up the scale becoming more advanced.

if everyone on earth could come together live as 1 civilization across the whole planet...with 1 leader and global laws...would life be better? if the world was united perhaps this would help stop wars? also wouldnt it mean people could travel to and live in any country they like? without restriction? just like anyone in europe can go and live in another european country freely because of the EU...it would be similar right? just on a global scale?

1 currency perhaps also...no need for exchanging currencies. (my opinion is that the monetary system is a terrible trading method anyway) but a global currency would be better.

why does a global government have to be a bad thing?

i think that the american way of thinking (for the US to stay seperate from the such global orders) is what is bad...they are holding up the evolution and advancement of mankind technologicaly and colonialy. i think we would have to join together as a planet in order to advance into space...because while we are still seperated into sections on this planet there will always be issues between these nations.

the NWO doesnt have to mean big brother...global survailance...truth coverups etc etc...because these things will happen within our individual countries anyway.

am i missing something can someone give a simple explanation as to why an NWO is so terrible?

im aware of what the bible says but im not religious so couldnt care less...so please no religious end of days babble.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

the NWO doesnt have to mean big brother...global survailance...truth coverups etc etc...because these things will happen within our individual countries anyway.

It doesn't have to, but it clearly does.

The fact that it is happening now, will make it very likely to happen in a one world gvovernment, more power over more people.

You kinda answered your own question there.

Why would you want to give the people that you know you can't trust, power over the whole world?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I see what you are saying, and yes it's only natural there would be a One world government eventually as that is the way of evolution..

Tribes take land and build villages, the villages evolve into towns, these towns evolve into cities, these cities on one piece of land turn into countries, these countries join together to form Unions (EU,AU,NAU,SEAU etc) and the final phase a one world union where all militaries,all economies, all technologies etc are rolled into one.

Yes it is good in theory, we are uber powerful, we come together as one, we may or may not become a Type I civilisation, no more wars, no more famine, no more disease, interstellar technology would become common place as black projects become known.

But in practice with todays rulers it would be worse than Stalin,Mao,Hitler,Pol Pot,Mussolini,Genghis Khan etc rolled into one x 1000

I believe another reason we don't want an NWO with todays leaders is that we lose our national identities, i mean i'm a proud Briton but with the founding of the Lisbon Treaty my nation may have to sacrifice it's money(pounds), it's military, it's national anthem etc to the Europeans. It's not nice knowing that a nation that was once the worlds leading country with it's vast military and empire becomes a small island again and it's people lapdogs to an elitist group of cowards who hide behind the scenes.

I for one would WELCOME a NWO but not yet, todays leaders need to go and we need people that are highly respected by the world, i can guarantee by the early 22nd century there will be a NWO but i hope it's not run by these warmongers and terrorists we see today.. that is why people are resisting, we cannot allow these men and women more power and so resistance will ensue in the face of change.. it will come down to them or us.

my 2 pennies

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I have raised this exact point myself on more than one occasion.

Imagine an advanced species landing on Earth to discover a beautiful planet rich in culture and resources but divided up into some 200 odd countries with a different leader governing each and going to war with each other and squabbling like children over issues that, in reality, are trivial.

My imaginary being is slightly different to yours so because I am 110% right, you must be wrong and if you don't see that, I have to bomb your country until you admit that my imaginary being is better than yours because my being preaches that love, tolerance and blind obedience is the only way and if you refuse to accept my beings unconditional love then I must kill you along with your women and children.

We are a joke and if we can't even get along as one planet, what hope do we have of getting along with other planets (civilisations)?

Unity on a global level is the ONLY way.

My advice - marry and have children with a member of another race. Let's be honest, white with a dash of black or asian makes a good looking child and it's pretty hard to be racist when your uncle is Black, your mother is Jewish and your father is an Arab.

The only catch is that we must be very careful who we elect as our leader. Power corrupts and if we, as a species, can't get past that we're fkd.

Evolution is a slow process and it's fatal flaw in advanced species is that the strong (ruthless, psychopaths, swindlers etc) will survive and as long as this continues, we will be nothing but a planet of animals.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by OZtracized]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I don't want a NWO because I believe in the right of the individual to determine his or her own destiny, his or her own success, and the right to believe or not believe as you want to. If I want to sit on my couch and eat doritos and drink beer and watch the race... I can. If I want to work 2 jobs, go to nightschool and farm and have a place at the beach(which I did)... I can.
I want to raise my children as I see fit, safely and healthily mind you, I can. If I want to ride across country, or listen to a certain song or hang a certain flag or believe in a certain god or deity or philosophy, I can.
Some may argue that that way of life is threatened and on the decline... I agree, but I will not surrender such a great way to live without a fight...

They may take our lives and our familiys, but they will never take our freedom... boy I love that movie. Yes, I am a corny, ol' freedom lovin' sentimentalist that loves God, mom, hotdogs, John Wayne, the Alamo, and flies a flag.... both of them. And don't you forget it, pilgrim.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

aaah right that makes sense...NWO isnt such a bad thing eventually....just not with the current people that are in power...lose the currupt politicians before advancing to a global government. makes sense.

it has to happen eventually...im british too i understand what you mean about the pound and the national anthem etc...but i think we need to lose the pound eventually to take on a global currency...and...it wouldnt really matter that we was once the most powerful country in the world and would then just be a small island again because power wouldnt be what each country would be looking for if we were globaly united. we would all equally be part of a plant civilization ready to take on space rather than each other.

i get what your saying tho

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by OZtracized

Unity on a global level is the ONLY way.

i agree completely

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Do you guys realize that most of the wars, pain and suffering are caused by the same people and groups that would govern the world.

Maybe no more war, but also no more freedom or opposition.

The world should unite in spirit, but not give away it's individual and local power and governance, cause it will only corrupt otherwise.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

i say, cause u cant trust anyone. its how we are designed, and its whats meant to be happening, imho.

nwo might be rotten, but its a step in the 'right' direction... who knows maybe paving the way for the 'good' nwo once we realise we are all one and the same and love rules =)

keep smiling.

aLaN

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I don't want a NWO because I believe in the right of the individual to determine his or her own destiny, his or her own success, and the right to believe or not believe as you want to. If I want to sit on my couch and eat doritos and drink beer and watch the race... I can. If I want to work 2 jobs, go to nightschool and farm and have a place at the beach(which I did)... I can.
I want to raise my children as I see fit, safely and healthily mind you, I can. If I want to ride across country, or listen to a certain song or hang a certain flag or believe in a certain god or deity or philosophy, I can.
Some may argue that that way of life is threatened and on the decline... I agree, but I will not surrender such a great way to live without a fight...

They may take our lives and our familiys, but they will never take our freedom... boy I love that movie. Yes, I am a corny, ol' freedom lovin' sentimentalist that loves God, mom, hotdogs, John Wayne, the Alamo, and flies a flag.... both of them. And don't you forget it, pilgrim.

You don't have the right to choice! You only think you do.

So you choose to sit on your Ik*a couch, eat Dorit*s, drink B*d beer on your S*ny big screen T.V.? If you want a "real" feed you will go to M*Donalds in your F*rd V8 because that is what you "choose" to do!

To achieve these "freedoms" you worked two jobs, went to nightschool and operated a farm so that you could pay off the debt owed to the bank for your house at the beach which will cost you around 3 x the amount you paid for it over a 30 year loan.

We are being sodomised and our nice car and house in the 'burbs is simply a little lube.......

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
My, are we angry today? I paid cash for my little house at the beach, my farm I worked for and 45 acres paid cash for. I learned to invest and made some good decisions, some was luck, but the harder you work-the luckier you get. Yes, we do choose how to live our lives and you have that freedom too. If the NWO wins, you will listen to what they want, do things like they want, fly their flag and serve their desires. I simply refuse to and will probably die for it one day.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

My mistake, clearly you are the exception to the rule but do you at least see my point?

I'm not even trying to claim I'm any better than anyone else, I have a mortgage but I often wonder why we strive to be in so much debt and work so hard for someone else.

I'm not angry either damnit!!! If one more person says I'm angry I'l f.......... oh.....sorry....

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by madness

nwo might be rotten, but its a step in the 'right' direction... who knows maybe paving the way for the 'good' nwo once we realise we are all one and the same and love rules =) keep smiling.

No, it's a very very bad step.

With that "love rules" attitude, you'll get led straight into the slaughterhause.

You want to give more power to those that are already causing a mess, and you just hope it turns into a good NWO?

Keep smiling? How naive can you be?

What we need is de-globalisation, less interference with other countries, and focus on local economies and societies that are self-sustained, imo.

Not to say that there shouldn't be cooperation.

Like I said we must unite as free spirits and protect our souvereignity.

Do youi want someone from the other side of the world make decisions for your life and region?

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Point of No Return]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I see your point, your funny, I like you... I still ask myself the same questions just as you do, but I really believe we all have the means to determine our future, which is why I am anti-NWO. By the wy, my life is not perfect, but it is good.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I see your point, your funny, I like you... I still ask myself the same questions just as you do, but I really believe we all have the means to determine our future, which is why I am anti-NWO. By the wy, my life is not perfect, but it is good.

Sadly I agree with you more than I would like to admit.

While I didn't pay cash for my house(s), I had enough deposit to avoid a number of fees so I'm not doing that badly. Our country seems to have sidestepped this "global recession"

The poor man pays twice!

Australia is dubbed "The Lucky Country" and that is true in so many ways.

Unfortunately because of our laid back lifestyle and high standard of living I feel this country has become a testbed for N.W.O. poilicies because we are less likely to stand up for ourselves.

I feel we should be dubbed "The Kneejerk Country".

One learner driver gets in a high powered car with a couple of mates (Aussie built of course), races some other idiot and they all end up dead so the next day the authorities increase fines, demerit points and speed limits on young drivers because one incident occurred and that will fix everything.

One man takes a semi-auto rifle and kills 35 people but instead of undertaking an inquiry as to how a known mental patient was released and able to obtain a firearms permit, the government completely bans ALL semi-automatic weapons.

We have speed cameras everywhere, double demerit points if you speed twice in any given year, roadside drug testing (which has been proven to be inaccurate but a positive result, accurate or not will go against your permanent record!).

I believe our freedoms are being eroded away at a faster rate than any other "western" country but we are too laid back to do anything about it.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
What if the whole basis of an NWO would be to get humanity of this planet to secure our long-term survival? It becomes more like a corporation than a body of control, yet the purpose would unite us all the while we could keep our individual nations.

We as humans need a purpose. Governments are for control of the people.

What if we changed the purpose of a Government to a specific goal, like colonies in space, instead of the general malaise we have now.

It's either going to be so rough that we end realizing how important our home is or we start humanity on a path that extends into infinity. Either way, we cooperate more.

I know this sounds all lovey dovey but humanity is going through puberty, we have to realize some common ground to form respect for eachother.

We can always continue to kill eachother, I pray we can come together for 50 year period and get this done. Then we can go back to killing eachother. Just let me leave. I'm sure I won't be the only one.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

Good examples on the 'knee jerk' reaction to things. Now just consider a whole world worth of incidents causing that sort of thing?
Something like 1 kid in China manages to kill himself with Asprin so now you need a Doctor to prescribe it ad can only buy 10 at a time ....
We simply are not mature enough for a world gov, yet.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Learn your history to understand why this is a bad thing. On paper of course you will be sold on better trade, resources, less war etc etc because this is how they sell it to you, this is how they will sell you into slavery.

If we go back to the start of the British Empire and the mid 1500's. Mercantilism believed that if global volume of trade is unchangeable then Imperialism is really the only opportunity for expansion. This created the atomoshphere for expansion driven by merhcants and lords that wished to get wealthy and rich from state sponsored terrorism. They painted this in them days as bringing civilization to the natives. We all know it was about power and wealth. In those days power and wealth were held by Kings or other designation that were deeply jealous of others power and wealth and used excuses such as Religion to drap Human beings from thier every day toil to war and death to create greater riches for thier own subjects, just as the Aztecs how the advent of trade and globablisation benefited them >?

As Lords and Merchants gained wealth they started to replace the power of the Kings and Queens and governments were born, formed by the rich and powerful whose interets were the same as Kings but they ruled for the benefit of the people, Mmm ?

In the 1700's writers such as John Locke and Adam Smith rejected the mercantilist focus on production, arguing that consumption was the only way to grow an economy. Mercantilism and trade barriers were breaking down and capital; such ‘bills of credit’ were now replacing the old system of gold bullion. Mercantilism faded as the Parliament gained the monarch's power to grant monopolies, the wealthy capitalists who had made fortunes in slavery, controlled the House of Commons and benefited from these monopolies. The American revolution, the Industrial revolution lead to capitalism as we know it now and it was controlled by the powers that have made thier wealth from oppresion and slavery. As in the title
,the economic system that is common to all the economical advanced countries of the world except, North Korea, Cuba & China, accords ultimate economic authority to those in control of the relevant plant, equipment, land and supporting financial resources or capital.

Central Banks took control of the issue of credit, banks distributed the capital to the people and everybody paid interest for this right. Governments created the laws of control, the ultimate cabal.

What is happeing right now is the shift that occured in the late 1700's and we should really be asking questions about how succesful the policies are that have been implemented by the current paridagm 1750-2009, of which the OP is suggesting this step forward will be good for us.

The 20th century is most notable for the sheer numbers of mass genocide and the killing of over 262 million people by government. Two world wars, dropping of the Nuclear bomb and mutiple economic crisses. Lets now look at present, Iraq war, Afgahistan and the greatest economic collapse of our time.

What you are contenting is to expand the influence of the structures that we have in place to exert overarching power over the entire population ? Central banks, purpose to fund war and increase debt, WHO creates forced vacinations and has power over your local government, IMF forces the opening of national markets for loans to pay debts for the loans that you already owe and on and on. Corporations that take advantage of every nation that it can to increase its bottom line without a care for the environment you live in. Everyday our governments hand more and more public paid for and owned property to private organisations and clamps down on our rights. In the UK right now a playground has banned parents from it if they have not been criminaly checked.

A lovely peacful world joined as one is a great idea, but you should know that what you get is not always whats advertised.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I definitely agree that becoming a place with one world government, one world religion, one world military, and one world currency might not be such a bad idea only if the current people who are in power now are no longer in power.

But also, why would anyone have the desire to lose their sovereignty? Why would you want everyone to become as one? Have we lost the sense of individualism? Have we forgotten that we were put here to be individuals and to make our own decisions not based on what the majority of the people believe is right, but what you as an individual think is right. Becoming one would allow the government to intervene constantly in our lives, I think we've had enough of government constantly telling us what to do as is. I'm a big believer in the constitution, the framers of the constitution wrote it in order to not allow the government to constantly control us in all the aspects of our lives. That's how I view this whole NWO event or possibly an old world order... whatever one might want to label it as.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReAlIzAtIoN
I definitely agree that becoming a place with one world government, one world religion, one world military, and one world currency might not be such a bad idea only if the current people who are in power now are no longer in power.

deffinately NOT 1 world religion...no religion AT ALL please

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join