It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would "Black Holes" not be "Black Spheres"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Usually examples like 1D, 2D, 3D (Spacial) is x+y+z measurements that can be made from a predefined 'Starting Point'. You just measure the directional opposites like, (lets say you are at the Start Point in your house which is an Area of Space) x=distance you walk Forward or Backward, plus y=distance you walk left or right, then add z=distance walking Up or Down the stairs ariving at the End Point and now have a Resulting Distance from Start Point to End Point. Then usually 4D is something like the Time between Start & End in reference to Velocity. So you get a 'Distance' along with the coresponding 'Time' it took to Travel the Distance. This is of course made possible because of a 'Relative' comparative value of Spacial Start Point for 3D and Max. Speed of Light in Vacuum Space or 'C' for the comparitive Time Value.

For one thing, spatial is spelled with a 't'. Most people get that wrong.
x + y + x is not in a proper format (this is just technical jargon)...
xi + yj + zk with 'hats' on the i,j,k (using vectors to symbolize direction) OR
< x, y, z > would be a standard way to write a vector (where the i,j,k 'hat' vectors are implied)... i.e. < xi, yj, zk >
Also, 'c' is a time constant maximum speed for masses (non-force carrier particles).
The 4th dimension would appear as the integration of your motion in the other 3 dimensions, but because your mass exists in a stationary form (your body) you simply appear as a single unit in motion. Of course, how we 'look' in the 4th dimension probably depends on your relative perspective in the 4th dimension... the integration is just an example.

Easy explanation: think of a filmstrip. If you took all of the pictures of you traveling from one end of the room to the other and stuck them together, you'd have a 4th dimensional picture of yourself (well, almost). However, when you watch the filmstrip moving very quickly, you only see the motion and not the frames jumbled together (as they would appear when still). Does that help?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx

Originally posted by DarkSide
how can all the atoms of one star be shrinked to fit in an area smaller than 1 atom itself?does the space between the neutrons/protons and the electrons get smaller?

The "empty space" of an atom is comparatively enormous to it's components...so I hear

The empty space inside an atom is extremely large, but not so large that you can cram 20 million other atoms inside of it. The energy field is enormous inside of the electron cloud of an atom and that is why it is so empty (it is filled with energy). If you took away the energy and only had tiny subatomic masses, you could squeeze a large number together.

I would like to interject here that it is also believed that mass was "spewed" out into this universe at some point. This could go into religion, so I don't want to step on toes, but it is commonly believed that the mass of the this universe was either transformed energy that already existed or it was injected into this universe (that we see). The Big Bang is like that injection or conversion of energy. It is a "time" (using that term roughly) when mass began to expand outward from some central staging ground.

If you watch the movies on string theory from PBS (the Nova special), you'll see that one idea is that large membranes collided and the excess energy from the collision basically made our 3d universe stand on end (the subatomic strings were plucked like a guitar). It is a complete shot in the dark, but it does make sense to some degree. You'd have to watch the movies (or the special) to understand. The universe is much bigger than you probably ever thought possible... until now.

www.pbs.org...

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Ok so it could be a sphere inside the "black hole?

If so then the actual absorbed energies are comming in from the side were the disks show up? Sort of being absorb about the equator of the singularity and being converted to Xray energies and being expeled our ward through the axis of the singularity sphere?

Some of the mater is traped as a ring like the rings of Saturn just outside the event horizon (this creates hawking radiation as it encounters event horizon?

Possibly suns acting as moons right at the event horizon? Also basically every sun is a moon to the central black sphere =)? of each galaxy?

What happens to that xray energy what does it do or what does it turn into? or does it just disipate?

the singularity sounds familiar like something I read recently about super cooled atoms clumping together to form a new element or some such (ill see if I can find it).

So the singulairity could simply be a new element (very heavy sphere or flat?) object that is massively heavy and creates extreem gravity formed by exploding suns somewhat like new elements are created during a nuclear explosion?

Oh also I noticed in pictures of black holes that they all seem to have a dust sphere around them hiding them. In some it (dust sphere) seems to be illuminanted
What is the light source on the dust? Hawking radiation reflection?

All this seems to be pretty easy to think out and I am not very educated in such things. It does not seem like it should be so hard for scientist to figure all this out by just looking at the nature of things and putting 2 and 2 together they should be able to rule out and rule in enough things to come up with a solution to black holes.... I probably sound really stupid now hehe. My main point is to learn and figure things out with this discusiion. So please keep posting answers and known things because I find it profoundly interesting and even exciting to learn about these things heh. The reason I say this because as I read about all the math and hard theory that goes into some of these things it seems like some things just discovered are allready pretty evident just by looking at something. You do not need an equation to know the moon is roundish (circular, spherical). you can just see it...

Sorry if my questions seem to assume things that are not true feel free to correct me.

[edit on 16-6-2004 by Xeven]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Missing black holes found!

I found some new relevent information that was posted on space.com.

www.space.com...

Found this today from old space.com article 2003.

www.space.com...

[edit on 7-6-2004 by Xeven]

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Protector

Well here is the amazing flying Black Sphere. Only took 7 years!
A little off topic but technically... not really.

The radio-controlled black spheres are meant to fly in and out of structures weakened by earthquakes and other natural (or unnatural) disasters. It's equipped with an on-board camera that transmits live video footage back to the person controlling it, and boasts eight maneuverable rudders, sixteen spoilers and three gyro-sensors powered by lithium batteries. The frame is made from lightweight carbon fiber and styrene components, with a total weight of 12.3 ounces.

edit on 11-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Actually, there are two dimensions: space and time. Space has 3 components, time has 1, from what we know so far.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join