It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help on a few things.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Hello ATS people. Im ashamed to admit it, but I still haven't learned how to embed or put up video's or links when posting a thread. The best I could do was put an avatar up but I think I could do better if I had a little assistence. Also I don't know how to search for specific threads that are somewhat old for example a thread titled"7 things that can kill you" and othere little threads. Please help me out and thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

In all examples I have had to replace the ] with a ] otherwise the code does not show up on my reply.

to post youtube video
the url example ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPV6birCi18
in previous url I had to remove the http in the beginning or it goes up like a link

take the numbers and letters after the = HPV6birCi18

place inside the brackets of the following
had to replace the ] with ] or you tube box comes up

i assume the google video is the same

Google Video Link
had to replace the ] with ] or the google box comes up

to get help or explanation of using the bb code, when posting, when you open the post window, on the left their are three choices-normal, advanced and help. click the help one and it give you explanations of using each bb code give that a try first on helping with your posts.

otherwise you can google bb code help, of course each site sets up how bb code is used on their site

as for searching, sometimes it is easier to do search with google and place ATS.com in with your search parameters in the advanced search option

sometimes I like to just post the bb code first and then type in what I want

e.g.

[color=Yellow]Yello then type what you want in yellow between the center brackets
Yello

another
[size=4][color=Brown]Hello

Hello

with using numerous bb code, sometimes you have to figure out what goes on the inside of the other, in example-color has to go inside size, the other way does not work

also, to keep from accidentally writing a large post and then losing it by accidentally hitting something, try writing it in an exterior program like Word or Notepad then opening the post window just copy and paste.

one last thing, if you ever go to edit a comment, do not preview your change, it will wipe out everything you did to edit that post, it just goes back to the original.

Now, search for threads on the rest and learn like the rest of us had to. By doing.

[edit on 12/13/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Thanks dude. once my connection stabalizes ill go to you tube and find some stuff to post on new threads.

Ex

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I also appreciated this information!

new topics

top topics

join