It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Place to Start on Parallel Universes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I have recently gotten more interested in Parallel Universes. Ideas like how everytime we move in a certain way or make a certain decision, the other me who made a different decision or movement is now living this in another dimension.

Some of the ideas and theories are crazy sounding, but none the less astounding at the same time.
Its kind of like listening to Pink Floyd for the first time though, if you dont start at the right place, you might never get into it, or like it at all.

I did see a couple of shows a few years back about this, but only recently has this stuff seemed to be more important for me. Maybe its because of the whole LHC thing, not sure!

The first thing I watched was about the Many Worlds Theory by Hugh Everett. It was a theory he developed in the mid 1950's, which he never got much credit for at the time! (although he does now)

His son happens to be the lead singer for the Eels and he made this documentary about his fathers work. the sound gets Choppy for a while, but you can grasp most of it. Its quite a light hearted approach thats easy to follow to get into some of the very basics of Parallel Universes etc, enjoy -

One Cool thing I took from this were the Schrödinger's Cat experiment. Must admit, I did not get the point of this at all to begin with. But it makes sense to me now! Watch this Vid here for a good explantion with more detail (and a funny ending!)

Another awesome thing thats a must to grasp is the Double Slit Experiment. (which is featured in my new avatar!)

Heres a Great Cartoon Video showing this in more detail -

So after this, I decided to look for a favorite Quantum Physisist of many, Michio Kaku. I found this on youtube which features Kaku as well as many other well known Quantum Physisists. It covers all the different theories on the table at the moment regarding Multiverses/Parallel Universes/Dimensions etc -

So thats it, a lot of viewing, but well worth it if youre new to this, or needing some ideas for threads! I enjoyed all these a lot and my brain is working overtime thinking about this stuff now!! The Videos I chose were only the ones I happened to stumble across at the time, please feel free to suggest others that may be of interest also!

Must admit, Kaku is my favorite. This guy has a good knack of talking on our level that we can all understand!

G.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the links.

I saw Parallel Worlds, Parallel Lives when it originally aired on the BBC and loved it. Of course, being a fan of EELS and hearing their songs throughout helped.

So is it true that mathematically the theory is correct? Are there still people who disagree with the math?

What are other peoples thoughts on this subject?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Thank you for the links, looking forward to watching them, I have followed this for a long time, haven't watched many videos but have heard a number of interviews on this subject.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by noface

You can read more on the "Many-worlds interpretation" here. That'll answer most questions you have, or at least point you in the right direction.

I love EELS. Great stuff

join