It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it Impossible to Travel Faster then the Speed of Light?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
well some think with worm holes u would be traveling faster then the speed of light by bending space to ware u want the worm hole to appear and exit

Ex

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I am just sticking my nose in here to tell you all,
This is oneof the best threads I have ever read on ATS!
It is not only thought provoking , it is so informative.

[edit on 12/20/2009 by Ex]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Can't say I agree to this.

Black Holes does not contain any light at all, and how is it that everything is made of light? Are humans made of light? Does rocks emerge from light?

In theory, I think we have to alter our atomic mass in order to actually travel at the speed of light / faster than the speed of light.
I've heard it before, but I can't remember where..

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
All we can say is light and some radio phenomenon travels at c.
Theory has other electrical phenomena traveling faster.
As far as riding on the fastest ether wave we can't say.
Is the 250 billion volt potential of the Sun accurate and can
we link to that for propulsion, I do not know.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I'm thinking the scientists that work on the black projects for
Lockheed Martin are reading and laughing at these posts.
This is all really old news for them.
I'm guessing Lockheed already has its own cigar shaped beamship
and has already successfully folded space to get a nice view
of the Milky Way galaxy.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

I'm thinking the scientists that work on the black projects for
Lockheed Martin are reading and laughing at these posts.
This is all really old news for them.
I'm guessing Lockheed already has its own cigar shaped beamship
and has already successfully folded space to get a nice view
of the Milky Way galaxy.

I was reading the FBI files on Tesla and they talk about beams and
rays and just about the same things we hear about Tesla today.
All these Tesla story tellers do is massage the FBI files.

Some how LM would have had access to the real Tesla papers.
There is a memo from Hoover saying the FBI had nothing to do with
Tesla papers when people went looking for them and didn't find them
where everyone said they were.

I think there are companies higher up on the totum pole than LM and
we hardly would have a clue. When you see a saucer go by note
the direction, thats the best clue.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by FTL_Navigator
reply to post by Kaytagg

Prove me wrong then, I can prove light has mass, it is done in every highschool for basic physics.

Think outside the square and read your history books.

If light did not had mass then infrared frequencies would not excite molecules and create heat through interaction??

HADES

I support this. Everything that is in between Height length and width (space) Must have mass.

Light is a consequence of a interaction between energies. If not there would be no light.

Thanks for the backup, much appreciated when I can point out "simple" facts for verification.

HADES

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Hi tesla, new info on ATS today which can be used for FTL??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

HADES

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by paranoiaFTW

It is possible to go faster then the speed of light. Yes in traditional sense if you try to manually accelerate an object to the speed of light it will become infinitely massive as Einstien stated. However, if you quantize an object you can go way faster then light. Basically when you raise the frequency of mass it becomes lite, lighter then a photon which would require little if any energy to move the object. Its a very simple principle that can be observed in blackholes. The reason a blackhole is black is because the light and matter that enters the event horizon is moving so fast that our current technology and our own sight cant see the energy. This is no different then the waves of light. Higher frequencies result in quantization or you could call it invisibility to a degree. So in the case of space craft if you can create a gravity generator that could raise the frequency of the craft it would become light and float. Even more and the object will begin to phase or dimension-shift.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hi
Well it actually is possible to go faster than the speed of light. There has been some research in Plasma physics in which they were able to make plasma go faster than light. It wasn't in a vaccum it actually was in water. Laws of physics aren't entirely true all that is true is the universal Laws of Mathematics. Einstein said that and it is very true. !
I hope you do some research into plasma physics!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by paranoiaFTW

I dont think its impossible but to actually be able to see anything is the issue. Humans see in light so to travel faster then light then how would they see or understand their surroundings.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xenchan`

I was thinking along the same lines while reading this thread.
The manipulation or "bending" of space in order to travel from one point to another is one way of bypassing the universal speed limit and it's constrictions.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Lacenaire

I don't swallow that part about limits and constrictions for a second. I have seen the work of other people upon this planet, if fully implemented, could launch a ship circumnavigating the known universe and return in time for dinner.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
there is a force that actually has a controlling factor over light, and that is time. however, there is another force that is more powerful than time, and that force is gravity. Gravity, in it's sheer raw form, at odds with light and time, distorts time (an event of measurement) and entraps light. So you see, in order for this to happen light must be a form of material for gravity (a force, and not a mater) to control it.

I speculate that physicists soon will gather the idea that gravity is the key to travel beyond the light, through folded space/time continuums...

ROBO6 hit this point right on the spot. We'd probably have to create a controlled form of black hole to use as propulsion is my guess.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by DarkspARCS]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

reply to post by Kaytagg

Prove me wrong then, I can prove light has mass, it is done in every highschool for basic physics.

Think outside the square and read your history books.

If light did not had mass then infrared frequencies would not excite molecules and create heat through interaction??

HADES

I support this. Everything that is in between Height length and width (space) Must have mass.

Light is a consequence of a interaction between energies. If not there would be no light.

Thanks for the backup, much appreciated when I can point out "simple" facts for verification.

HADES

Sorry, but the above is incorrect and light (photons) DO NOT have mass. The reason they have a velocity = c is due to the fact that they are created massless and already traveling at light speed ... therefore they do not need to increase their velocity from somewhere below c, to reach c itself.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
We can not go faster than the speed of light because......it is the fastest speed known to man.......evrything is calculated around that speed...so.......if we will become aware of something faster than that will be the fastest speed and everything will revolve around that new knowledge.

Just my common sence at work here....(I do not know anything about physics.....well.....just a little)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Well, looks like you will be doing some more learnin'

arxiv.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
in response to the first comment, i don't think the "speed of time" exists. I'm just a college kid, but the speed of time sounds pretty redundant, at least in the context of what you said. Speed is measured per unit time, so how can time itself have a speed?
I know you can slow time by moving really fast, but that does not seem to pertain to the context of what you said.
I may be misunderstanding what you said, or I may just not know what I'm talking about. Both of those things would not surprise me

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join