It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash from organized crime 'rescued' banks during crisis: UN official

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Cash from organized crime 'rescued' banks during crisis: UN official

rawstory.com

The vast majority of an estimated $352 billion in proceeds of organized crime, mostly from the drug trade, was funneled through the global banking system during the financial crisis of the past two years, and in some cases, the money rescued banks from collapse, says the head of the UN Office on Drugs and Crime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
For some reason this doesn't surprise me at all . I wonder who else has there hand in the cookie jar , the estimated £352bn cookie jar , so say the UN .

Is there any coincidence that " we " are currently protecting the poppy fields in Afghanistan where as the Taliban had virtually wiped out the poppy fields when they were in control of the country ? www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit to add .... You think this kind of news may make a bank look at embezzled funds in a different light ? Hell , they might even be able to get a few politicians to see things differently as well

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
kinda makes sense to me...we had this war on drugs, but governemnt really didnt do anytig to stop it. CIA seems to have been smuggling coc aine and opium in for he cash, as congress would have neer okayd funding for thier black programs. Look at miam Fl, it was basially built all on coc aine money! saw a documentary coc aine cowboys*
if this is true, i have lsot all faith in liberty and justice. its liek sying the drug cartels are ore important than american citizens*

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I agree with much of what you have said and I think that it just might go even deeper then any of us can imagine .

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The saddest ting is, this could make maintstream ness, like cnn, nbc, and the like, and the next day, no one would really care, or have forgotten all about it already..this is our depth perception in this country now...walking zombie meatheads* letting govenemnt and the bad guys take complete control.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
all in the name, of capitalsim* moreso on the big bankers, wall street and FEDs fault. this is what corporate business realy stands for

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
And I thought the banks were the organized crime, I had forgotten that there were other criminals.

It is sad that this will probably not make the MSM and I agree that even if it did, people just do not seem to really care anymore. Maybe everyone is just so disgusted that they have tuned out.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
30,000 troops say this is so.
line #2

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Drugs being illegal is the real crime. They should be treated like alcohol and cigarettes are in the US.

It is a personal choice, if people want to be drug users let hem be no difference than pharma drugs right now.

The money is funding criminals and black wars, instead of being recirculated into the more general economy.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
This makes a lot of sense. Drug cartels deal mainly in cash, avoid handing out risky credit, and collect promptly when they do. Combine this with the fact that if you make a loss using other peoples money, you will lose your bonus - in fact you'll probably lose a lot more.

It's no surprise that they stayed liquid when everything else went down the toilet.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
So they actually revealed their backup source of income...

Drugs...

I knew they couldn't resist being invovled in drugs... to much money to be made in that industry, they couldn't just let it go to waste. They are far to greedy to just let that slip away.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

If you have a link to that movie " coc aine cowboys " I would much appreciate a link .

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Wow...

I cant even formulate a response to this.

... illegal front, and illegal back, isnt it time to see that maybe, just maybe these guys in charge are just... out for themselves, and themselves alone?

ill end this post with the way i began it...

Wow....

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Given their actions over the last couple of years, aren't the large banks pretty much organized crime themselves? These bankers are as dangerous to the future liberty of our children as any terrorist or drug dealer.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Just what kind of power does some of this money have over the various banks ? Just imagine if a bank is told that , I will pull x amount of my money out of here unless .... ? When we are talking about 100's of billions we can bet some one is looking after there own best interest . And the trick of raising another 30,000 troops , as mentioned in an earlier post , is no trick at all , only a mere drop in a bucket .

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Organized crime is so deeply entrenched in this government... This news should surprise no one.

If you all only knew.

Stumbling into this kind of corruption is very enlightening, fighting it just to stay alive, a real but doable challenge.

In my personal opinion no government agency is more deeply allied with organized crime than the FBI.

Their day of reckoning is on the horizon.

I personally hope they all burn in hell for eternity... "they" know who they are.

top topics

join