It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"sssssssseven"; erratic computer behavior ...is this thing possessed?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
indeed. i wonder what tesla might think of this phenomenon.

i should mention that this is not the first time that electronics have gone berzerk while in my presence. i am not trying to inflate my ego...just stating the facts. does anyone else out there have any stories of unexplainable interactions with electronics?

...am going in for another writing session today. thank god my computer still works.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a virus? anyone remember seeing the fake virus goes a little something like this ..Now deleting C:/windows *.* been awhile since ive seen it and also shows all your files being dumped then the monitor goes black for a few seconds then it says thank god this is just a joke. well its possible it could be the result of a virus but could very well be hardware malfunction.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Pretty interesting you are doing a paper on Adam an Eve and the computer typed out a bunch of s's before the seven. When i first read the title of this thread I thought about a serpent or a reptile using the slithery voice that makes an s (hiss) sound like sssssss.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by xalaran

problem with it being a virus is that it prevented my BIOS from loading properly.

if it indeed was a virus, then it has managed to install itself at a very low level.

thanks!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

EXACTLY! YES!

the more i ponder this occurrence the more i am coming to the conclusion that: in fact, an attempt at communication has been made. "sssssssomeone" was trying to get my attention.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

I've personally designed malicious software to affect low-level hardware and FLASH-BIOS. Problem being is that these viruses are very very very finicky as in they are hardware specific a virus designed to affect a BIOS will typically only affect that series of BIOS firmware.

However, if your hard drive or other components have been damaged this is the most likely cause for what is happening.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by tgidkp

I've personally designed malicious software to affect low-level hardware and FLASH-BIOS.

it seems funny to me that you would admit to that.

shame, shame on you.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Specifically for educational purposes in a controlled environment, they we're not distributed.

A good read is the Chernobyl virus that hit in 99. Screwed up a lot of computers.

Honestly though I do believe you have some loose connections that happened to hit at a inopportune time.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I have to admit this is a new one for me too and I thought I had seen just about everything a PC could throw at me. Having said that I do have a few thoughts.....

1. Are ALL your hardware drivers up to date? This includes Graphics, Sound, Chipset, Peripherals AND is your BIOS firmware flashed with the most recent version for your chipset?

2. Have you checked to make sure that your keyboard isn't sticking (the "S" problem looks like it's occurring when a key next to, or nearby, the "S" key is depressed)?

3. Have you run Anti-Mal/Spyware software and Antivirus programs?

If you have checked all these and everything is OK then I would suggest that your graphics card is on the blink. I've been through many graphics cards in my life and I can tell you for a fact that when they get old or are damaged they can start to do some really weird things to your PC.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
hi.

i normally dont login- just read the posts and surf the site. but this time i had to. the reason is i experienced similar problems. ok the other day when i opened mozilla the google field already had 6+6 pretyped. i didnt do that, why would i google 6+6? also awhile ago the search field of Last fm went ///////////////// by itself...wtf? there are other things, but i`d like to clear these first.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by marsvolta]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOverDrive
try running chkdsk in the command line. That might help.
if not Back up everything on the hardrive that is important to you. then wipe the drive clean and reformat.
Your machine is either dying or infected with some bad mojo.
or It could be just that the keyboard is sticking.
That's a tough one , never heard of that happening before

hi. i tried to run chkdsk, but the window flash opens and disappears. actually all commands do that to some extent. some close in couple seconds, some stay little longer, but still close. it wasnt the case before. also if you go to START you can see all the recently opened programs...the other day there was SYSTEM CONFIGURATION among the list of programs. i didnt open it- i wouldnt know how. actually i had a computer technician to fix some computer problems awhile ago. after the job was done he called whoever and list her all the info pertaining to my computer and network. i told him i heard some cases of crooks leave backdoors and sh*t. he said he wouldnt do that and could access my computer thru something i didnt understand. i didnt ask him to clarify since he seemed to be in a hurry. now i am not saying it is him doing crazy sh*t to my computer, but i really dont know who to trust at this point. i even had this feeling this thread was designed to lead me the wrong way.
i know the world doesnt revolve around me.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by marsvolta]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by marsvolta

Restart your machine in safe mode
try chkdsk again
run your antivirus in safe mode also
if these two operations run in safe mode
you are probably the victim of some maliciouse
virus or trojan and i'd bet the hardware is ok
reboot into windows and see what happens
wiping the drive and reformatting is the only
way of ever being sure you have a clean install
I wouldn't bother with a repair as some of the nasties
find a way of reappearing
You can also try running a linux operating
system off the cd or dvd drive if you have a copy.
This will also let you test your hardware

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOverDrive

thank you. i will try. thing is the computer is my friend`s, not mine. so i cant do drastic changes. but do i have to back up everyhting before wiping hard drive clean? how do i do it? arent those bugs gonna be back when you reintroduce the backed up files back to the clean computer?

also today i noticed that SYSTEM CONFIG disappeared from the list of progs on the START menu. also i cant find "how to disable remote assitance". it used to come up when i searched for it. but now it isnt there no matter what words and word combos i use. hidden by whoever?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
i dont know where to post this, i guess here...

i often buy books and other things online and they always arrive in a timely manner. altho boxes that contain them arrive all punched and cut open as if someone tried to see what`s inside. it`s been happening for awhile now. guess gummint these days need no warrants or get the warrants for indefinite time. awhile ago i ordered a book called lifehack which is about little tips to make your computer run smoother, file organizing etc...it still didnt come. think gubment is all worked up, studying its contents and working hard to change "dangerous ideas" within this book. are they going to reprint the book? because merely ripping off some pages will be too obvious?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
There is a .99887770 probability that it is the result of a malicious software attack (e.g., virus), particularly that of the 'MELISSA' variety.

There is a .88976690 probability that it is the result of a malfunctioning 's' digit key, most likely (.999880000) as a consequence of foreign material between the key itself and the body of the computer.

There is a somewhat larger likelihood (.999999954) that the problem is an
I.D. 10 T malfunction, of the PEBCAK subspecimen.

JK

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
hey OP....
for your paper i would highly recommend you delve into the esoteric symbolic meaning behind the myth of the garden of eden, as understood through the Gnostic tradition.
Sexual alchemy, creating WITHIN, as opposed to without..

here is a good place to start..

Sex: The Secret Gate to Eden

be well.
-

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marsvolta

First how did safe mode go for you
did you run viruscscan and chkdsk in safe mode
You can backup whatever files you need to save by printing them to cd or dvd or copying them to another networked computer
yes if you reintroduce a file back to a clean install it may reinfect system
try a can of compressed air to blow out the keyboard and dislodge any foreign matter possibly causing the keys to stick
I'm not sure if this forum is the place for this kind of discussion
maybe try looking into computer help in the bts computer section

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Ever check you laptop fan ? it's maybe cause by overheat.. sound like your laptop got the threshold a bit to high.... i may be in the error but one of the reaction a computer overheating got .. is Graphic artifact.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Is your keyboard wireless by chance? Are there any other wireless devices in the house that could be interfering? The reason I ask is that a very simalar thing happened to me once.. it turns out my friends wireless xbox360 headset was interfering with my wireless mouse and keyboard. Random keys would be typed and at one point, my computer re-boot itself as well. Once I started to use a wired keyboard again the problem went away.

Edit: as far as your video flaking out, I can't offer any other explanation besides your graphics card melting.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Wookiep]

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
why ask why?

truth is literally binary!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c5e9dffb5a8.gif[/atsimg]

trussssssst me.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aaddc442fdd6.gif[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join