It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"sssssssseven"; erratic computer behavior ...is this thing possessed?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
i had a paranormal experience tonight that i would like to document and get feedback on. the short version is that my laptop crashed in the most peculiar way while i was writing a college paper. upon my own analysis, i will give the occurrence any one of the following three conclusions.

1. just yer normal, everyday computer freek-out.
2. computer is reacting to my own heightened state of being.
3. 3rd party is interrupting the use of my computer.

first, the evidence. story follows afterward....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/35124dd23bb835f3.jpg[/atsimg]

(click to open player in new window)

draft of paper i am working on, PDF IS HERE.

THE STORY:

i am composing a final paper for my literature class. the subject of the class is the Adam & Eve creation myth. in my paper, i am attempting to synthesize and correlate the Creation myth with the following modern theories:

- Rupert Sheldrake, Morphogenetic Field
- Wilhelm Reich, Orgone Bioplasma
- Ken Wilber, nested holarchy
- L. Ron Hubbard, Dianetics

consciousness studies is, IMO, the most important field of emerging science. i am working on a theory of conscious experience and evolution as related to the story of Creation. this is a subject of research that i have been preparing for more than a decade. it is very close to my heart.

i was in the middle of an incredibly intense brainstorming session (bottom of page 2 and continuing to page 3) in which my own state of consciousness was heightened. i was exploring and mapping my own consciousness and my awareness seemed to expand into areas that i have never experienced before.

and then the letter 's' appeared.

the character 's' was being input to my computer at such a rate that all other processes hung. evidence of this is shown in the above photo. i attempted to re-boot, but the BIOS itself was interrupted by the input of the 's' character. i was forced to remove the physical keyboard input.

upon system reboot, i managed to open my file to resume work. but the screen began scrolling in an erratic fashion. i have prepared a video of the screen-view. in the video i have shown that an up/down movement of the mouse pointer was correlated with the upward and downward movement of the scan lines on the screen.

i resolved to quit working for the night.

now several hours later, with my mental state returned to normal, my computer has also returned to normal.

i want to mention only one other coincidence. i am writing about the Adam and Eve myth and the character that was interrupting my writing was the 's'. at the time of the occurrence, i considered the 's' to represent the SERPENT. i also find it significant that the involuntary 's' created the word "ssssssseven".

so, please, tell me what you think. have i finally gone mad, or is this sort of thing completely normal?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I can't explain it, and I have never seen anything like it.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It's not normal, but I've no explanation to offer.

I think your graphics card is shot though.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Wow! That would give me the creeps,for sure!Especially given the subject matter of the paper you were working on!

I remember once I made a post somewhere and it started out,"My name is Christian,and I hope God approves of this message"(which was kind of a take-off of something else being said in the media).

I finished what I had written,posted it,and at the botton was the word "God",which I had definetly NOT written! (I took it to assume God approved!)

You're not crazy,but "crazy" things do happen,especially where electronics are concerned!

I hope you believe in God! If not,now would be a good time to ask Him into your life!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

but the graphics card is not shot. i am using this laptop at this very moment and all is perfectly normal.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

As I said I have no way to explain, it was just a guess.

I've never encountered anything like it before, so I've no real basis to even start.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

I'd like to say it's your motherboard because you more than likely don't have a graphics card it's an onboard GPU.

A connection in between your screen and motherboard could be shorting, and the S key could have gunk in it or a short also.

I doubt this is anything paranormal.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

i acknowledge that there are likely explanations that could be due to hardware. but i argue against this because

#1 i have NEVER seen a computer crash like this before.
#2 two seperate and seemingly unrelated symptoms.
#3 sudden onset and mysterious self-fix action.

but the more important aspect, which is why i included the whole back-story is CONTEXT. from a personal perspective, the context points directly to a paranormal occurrence.

...thanks for your input.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by tgidkp]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Is your computer plugged in through a Surge Protector? My first guess would be that your CPU scrambled from an unprotected Surge Event.

I am not attempting to downplay whatever you perceive this to be, but I do believe that there can still be a rather "Down-to-Earth" explanation of this issue. I always go after an unknown issue with "Earthly" theories at hand, but even with such an approach, I have from time-to-time come across things which simply defy all logic and reality (As we know it).

I am glad that you documented this in such a manner, great job

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

no surge protector. i managed to hard reboot several times in a row. would a hard reboot not cure a scrambled cpu?

but i appreciate that you bring this up because it points to a possssssssible answer.

might it just be possible that there was, in fact, a power surge. not from the electrical input, but rather, from a change in the magnetic field surrounding the computer?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Hardware does weird things, I've had my RAM lock up and computer stopped working, took it out put it back in and went back to working like a charm.

Also, it could be a simple computer virus that takes a picture of your screen and then overlaps your real screen with the picture and does all sorts of nice things. Just a thought.

Also, the virus scenario is more than plausible, I'm a computer guy

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Magnets can ultimately disrupt computer activity however I doubt this is the case.

If you hard booted multiple times and BIOS came up making a beeping sound then something is wrong with your hardware, or is going wrong. Don't be surprised if this event reoccurs

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

affirmative, with the BIOS beeping sound. and i will for sure post back if there are any recurrences. it this is in fact just a dreary old hardware problem then i fully expect it to happen again.

...but if it doesnt happen again, i am sticking with my spooked out interpretation.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Well, believe me friend, I'm not doubting the fact that it could of been some type of magnetic interference, I've been sitting down watching TV when all the sudden the TV image started warping out, talk about freaky.

However, just don't think you'll need to leave your night light on

If evil spirits are there the last thing they'd be screwing with is your computer, they'd be aiming for your head.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Try to repeat it by entering the same state, then if it happens, remove all power sources. If it stays alive and keeps doing it, throw the computer away because it will
a) Blow up
b) Murder you
c) Turn into the anti-Christ and kill you.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
try running chkdsk in the command line. That might help.
if not Back up everything on the hardrive that is important to you. then wipe the drive clean and reformat.
Your machine is either dying or infected with some bad mojo.
or It could be just that the keyboard is sticking.
That's a tough one , never heard of that happening before

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
thanks for talking me through it, everyone. it helps to get other people's eyes on it.

it is stuff like this that really makes me feel schizophrenic. like i am trapped in some kind of effed up reality that is bugging out in weird random and unexplainable ways. no matter what rational explanations people come up with here in this thread, i dont think i am gonna be able to shake the eerie feeling.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Would be interesting to see what would happen if you put Tesla's spirit radio close to your possesed laptop

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I have had something similar happen to me, and it so happened that one of my keys on my keyboard got a mind of its own.I also always eat over my keyboard, so there is always junk on it. But, it did go bonkers and kept typing letters, and then crashed...hmmm I was just assuming it was keyboard malfunction.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This all sounds perfectly normal to me.

Sounds like a regular machine when it comes to reliability.

Tell a machine to stuff a few million seperate operations into the shortest possible space of time and I'm not surprised they fail.

All things considered, I'm just glad mine works 99.999% of the time.

Computer logic can be illogical when it comes to "why"?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join