It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Survival" outing results

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by saabster5

Brunton stoves are really nice, I have a few friends that use them. Definitely great quality and the liquid multi-fuel stoves are great since they will run off alcohol, gasoline, white gas, etc.

I'll probably own one some day but like all my existing stuff, it will come as time & (mostly) money permits. Hard to find multi-fuel lightweight stoves like this for less than $100.

Bivy sacks are great. The sleeping bag I used actually includes a pretty nice bivy, I didn't use it tho, since there were two of us and we had the 2-man tent. Plus I'd have been buried in snow by morning in a bivy. This sleeping bag system is great, a bit heavy, but when you consider you're getting a 0* bag plus a bivy for around 7lbs that ain't too bad. The bivy is decent, but the "pole" it comes with to stand off the head area takes a bit of finagling to get it to work right. It comes all coiled up in order to fit in the stuff sack with the bag, and keeps wanting to go back to the coil shape once you install it on the bivy.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join