It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US retail sales up better than expected

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
These are the good ol' days. Enjoy this Christmas with family, friends, loved ones. IF... big word for two letters...if just some of what we fear happens, it will be a terrible year. Kind of like bring 1859 or 1928 or 1940.... May God bless all of you.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The MSM reports that retail sales are up, but most states are reporting a severe decrease in the sales tax income. Many states are not reporting at all, I have seen NO REPORTS of an increase in state sales tax revenue.

The tax rate didn't go down anywhere I am aware of, so the sales must have regardless of what the MSM wants to tell us.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
This is only becuase of the holidays with xmas coming up...come january/february, theyll drop like a ton of bricks..

Indeed. Sales are up due to the emotional blackmail of the Christmas ritual. After Christmas is when we find out how many actually couldn't afford it.

[edit on 14/12/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by zz0409
Food is not so, can milk is just outrageous, I remember last year by this same time I could find can milk for 50 cents, now is over a dollar, and this walMart!!!!!!!!.

That shouldn't be though because milk in the world market is/was dropping like a rock: www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join