It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Spirals Caused By Russia Seeding Clouds???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I, as most of you, have become weary of this subject...but it still remains unexplained.

I remembered seeing a thread here on ATS about Russia seeding clouds over Moscow to control snowfall. Maybe the sky spirals are connected?
Linky

Snippet from the nationalpost.com by way of the L.A. Times article:

Moscow's government, led by powerful and long-reigning Mayor Yuri Luzhkov, has indicated that clearing the capital's streets of snow is simply too expensive. Instead, officials are weighing a plan to seed the clouds with liquid nitrogen or dry ice to keep heavy snow from falling inside the city limits. Word of the proposal has sent a shudder through Moscow just as the first dark, snowy days have fallen on the capital. It has also piqued the surrounding region, which would receive the brunt of the displaced snowfall, and has raised concerns among ecologists. Seeding clouds to ensure good weather during holidays is a long-standing Russian practice. Slate has a nice explainer on the practice: loud seeders use a number of procedures. In the mid-1940s, three scientists at General Electric (including the novelist Kurt Vonnegut's brother Bernie) showed that by injecting dry ice into a cloud, you could freeze tiny droplets of water, which would in turn make it easier for other droplets to glom on and freeze as well. Later experiments showed that silver iodide—which has a crystal structure similar to that of ice—could also help, by forming "ice nuclei" upon which droplets might freeze.

This theory could be way off....I haven't thought about details..ie..delivery systems...or current Russian winter snowfall rates.

Thoughts?

edited for better link-
Linky II

[edit on 12-12-2009 by Signals]

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Signals]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here's one more article that mentions delivery systems....I wonder if silver iodide could cause the blue spiral effect we have seen???
Linky III

Snippet:

This can be done using silver iodide flares, which are dropped 8 or 10 at a time from above the cloud, or with silver-iodide-filled rockets or anti-aircraft shells. If you're seeding clouds over a mountain, you can use generators on the ground which release silver iodide vapor into the air currents that rise up one side of the mountain and into the clouds.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I believe they can manipulate weather a little at least. I'm not sure how much but I feel they can.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Well, I haven't been able to figure out if silver iodide could cause the blue streak as witnessed....but it does cause PEOPLE to turn blue -
Linky IV

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

The evidence supporting a failed missile test is massive. There is no evidence of anything else. The simulations people have made, and the basic physics that explains what we all saw is fool-proof.

Cloud seeding? No. There is no evidence for that at all.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

top topics

join