It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Officials Cheer Memo That May Bring Gitmo Detainees to State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Illinois Officials Cheer Memo That May Bring Gitmo Detainees to State

www.foxnews.com

Democratic leaders in Illinois applauded a draft memo leaked to a conservative Web site Friday that they believe suggests the government is seriously considering transferring terrorist suspects from Guantanamo to their state.

The White House cautioned that the memo is merely a preparation in case such a decision is made, but Sen. Richard Durbin, D-Ill., and Gov. Pat Quinn said in a joint statement late Friday that it signals "the administration has narrowed its focus" to a nearly empty maximum-security state prison in Thomson, a sleepy town of 450 people near the Mississippi River about 1
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Honestly, it gets bad enough that they want to move these guys to the mainland US when they're defeating the purpose of what GTMO was made for, to keep them off the mainland US and in an isolated location. Many of you think these guys are "oh so innocent" when in fact there is undeniable proof of this, not that you have access to that like yours truely.
It really irritates me with the fact that we might put these guys in an understaffed prison in the American heartland with so many potential targets for these guys if they were to bust out of there and also the fact that it is a little bit too damn close to my hometown for comfort.
We've got a nuclear power plant within a few miles of that prison, Rock Island Arsenal which is the only functioning US Army Foundry for manufacturing the things that my buddies and I need overseas so we can stay alive, the big Mississippi River which is a major source of water and commerce for America, etc.
Do I really need to go on about this? I don't want this s*** this close to home.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
We didn't win the war yet so we have to keep them safe from Gitmo.
What a turn of events.
Will they learn about the hawk that flies at night.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
the first line of the article says it all

Democratic leaders in Illinois applauded

That's because Illinois is in big trouble!They say ten percent unemployment I say more like twenty-twenty five with most men out of work relying on their wives 50% less paycheck.Oh and then there's thisFAIL, Part One: Chicago's Parking Meter Lease Deal
That was a democratic leader.
And they were responsible for this so I don't see why their judgement would be in question 1 Asian carp turns up after $3mil fish kill of tens of thousands of fish

[edit on 12-12-2009 by genius/idoit]

[edit on 12-12-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Man, you gotta learn politicspeak. Obama promised to close GITMO. Not end the GITMO crap. He's just moving the location. Guess what? Come January 20. 2010 Obama will proclaim that he lived up to a campaign promise and people will cheer. Wooohoooo! Obama closed GITMO!

top topics

join