It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conspiracy Inside a Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
For the past few weeks now, I have seen some threads pop up complaining about the membership of ATS. In almost all these threads, I've seen LiveForever8 say something akin to "Oh look, it's THIS thread again." I was annoyed the first couple of times he said it, but after a while, it got me to thinking.

There may have been an increase in debunkers, rude posts, etc., but there also has been a drastic increase in people complaining about said posters. I've also noticed that the majority of these threads have been griping about the ATS membership as a whole, as if we are all causing it. As said by Vladimir Lenin, "A lie told often enough becomes truth." If this notion of the ATS community declining in quality gets told over and over again, week after week, won't the general community believe that to be the case? I really don't think the ATS community is falling down a slippery slope -- on the contrary, with each day that passes, we all gain more knowledge, thus by default, we are improving in magnitude. Maybe it's seen as declining because the small percentage that is throwing around negative comments are getting better at their field as well, so they're being noticed more. The people making the threads say there's a conspiracy to bring down ATS, but I'm starting to think these types of threads are a part of that conspiracy, whether the thread maker realizes it or not.

Am I making any sense?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Could be possible some of the disinfo agents we always suspect are either starting these threads or are being intentionally rude and disruptive in order to instigate these complaint threads.

If ATS users get the impression that ATS is devolving into childish sniping, many could loose interest and leave ATS to the disinfo agents to control.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
'oh look, another one of these threads'

I see your point, though when i do see replies that contain a bit of sarcasm, i have a bit of a laugh, when i see some one take offence, i have a bit of a laugh, when the 2 posters get into a bitr of a tiff..... i have a bit of a laugh!

You have to admit, some threads are a little far fetched, and hell Scuba has made a few of his own, haha.

When you way it all up, being a member of this site brings me knowledge, understanding and a growing passion for the unknown..

A few grains of salt are really all thats needed

[edit on 12/12/2009 by scubagravy]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I applaud you ->

You are absolutely right.

For me the difference between this thread and all the others is it makes a definite point.

All of these negative threads of late could eventually lead people to actually start believing them.

That would be a real shame because this site is great. Like everything it has its good, its bad and its ugly. But lets please stop wasting our time highlighting what are in retrospect very minor instances.

The reason I constantly get involved in such threads is to try and diffuse them, they are negative, divisive and a waste of time.

I was trying to highlight how many of these threads there have been and I think you noticing says it all. Nice one.

ATS is not doomed.
ATS has not lost its way.

Don't believe the hype.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

So are you complaining about the members complaining about other member's complaints about members?

Sorry couldn't resist (I'm not complaining by the way)!

Unfortunately both sides of the arguement have valid points so I don't really see this one going away. Just try to ignore it I suppose.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
My comment: if you don't like the ATS community over all, please leave. Unless you're going to contribute something useful, we don't want you here. No body enjoys negative comments mainly because it gets the thread off topic, and in some instances, creates flame wars. This is why we have moderators. Remember people, don't feed a troll.

reply to post by LiveForever8

I agree very much.
Thanks.

[edit on 12/12/2009 by UziXxX]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OZtracized
So are you complaining about the members complaining about other member's complaints about members?

I know, I was feeling a little hypocritical in typing it up, but I believed the issue had to be addressed. It does seem odd to me how frequently those threads are popping up.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Well if anyone wants to change the way people post on ATS, then they can first start off by not replying to those who are part of the problem.
This is a conspiracy site, and we will always have the debunkers and the believers, cant have one without the other, and thats what makes this site great.
Seriously, if 15 people started a thread on the same subject, what does it really matter as long as there are 15 different viewpoints on said topic?
When it comes to global issues and political issues, people will never come to a common understanding, but what they should focus on, is finding ways to work with the people they are working against.
Yes, there are a lot of members who do the whole "Im right and you are wrong" when they are backed into a corner, but thats what is great about it. You got them in that corner, and by doing so, you made them think, and the only way that half of them can save face is by going to their default rebuttal,"If you really believe this, than you are stupid".

ATS has something on their side that mostly ALL MSM News Programs and newspapers dont have....both sides. Not only that, but there are usually more than both sides on this site, there are several thousand sides to whom which we can argue with.

"And thats all I got to say about that"-F.G

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
There will always be children.... they run to you with knowledge the they have gained to boast or reasure themselves. Should you be angry at them for wanting to play the games you have played for years? Or sing songs that you have grown tired of?

Being empathic i sometimes lose myself in a perspective of those who suffer. So needless to say the wrong wording can really make me try to bring down the hammer.

I am more willing to play a game of tag now-a-days with the kids and tell them how much i love them.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I have an idea. Every time I see a new negative thread about ATS and its members, I'll post a link in this thread. After a while, we might be able to get an archive of them.

Here's a new one: www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join