It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid Destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, not God

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Enlil's sons nuked Sodoma/Gomora cause there were people who were like Californians did not want to go with the flow. Gods/Kings at those days were just angry ETs looking humanoid who could not stand the competition.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Who but God has the power to change the course of an asteroid?
Who but God has the power to set it's course?
Who but God created all things and set them in motion?
I have heard stories of no other.

Allah?

Vishnu?

Krishna?

Zeus?

I certainly have heard of others.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

I'm sorry to ask you this question but..you seem to have the answer....

How do you distinguish between "gods" and "names"? It seems to me there are many "names" but not so many "gods"...when examining them...they tend to exhibit the same traits over and over and over again....which to me indicates - 'same god, different name'.....

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
A good thing those 'aliens' like earth food.

A good thing those "angels" like Earth food too. huh?

The 'aliens' are apparently Hebrew in faith as well. Here the 'aliens' say "sent us to destroy" so they may have some kind of meteor shooting device...which if you hang around ATS long enough, doesn't sound that absurd. I would've thought something a little more technologically advanced, but if you want to obscure the traces in history, then okay.

And how does your sarcasm differ when they are turned to "angels" instead of "aliens"?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by Nutter

I'm sorry to ask you this question but..you seem to have the answer....

How do you distinguish between "gods" and "names"? It seems to me there are many "names" but not so many "gods"...when examining them...they tend to exhibit the same traits over and over and over again....which to me indicates - 'same god, different name'.....

[edit on 14-12-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

I assumed the poster I was responding to ment the Christian God as that is what they call it. "God". Not any other name.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I'm sorry if you find truth frustrating. No solid back up for your arguements?

Wow. Comming from someone who quotes the Bible to prove God, God's asteriods, etc.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
wether christians like it or not, the god that christians refer to has many names; jehova,krsna,allah,visnu,narayana to name a few. God and his names are all non different and eternal, and yeah he sent that asteroid, as he is the supreme cause of all causes.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

"You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." (Gal 3:26-28)

The "Christian" God...isn't an exclusive God...

In fact, the Christian God is all-inclusive. It teaches that WE ALL fall short and are undeserving of heaven/nirvana. It teaches that repentance/salvation are the keys...not religion or denomination....

"9After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands." (Rev 7:9)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erikzmindcontrolguy
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Your statement makes the most sense of all. Absolutely correct, where is the crater that an asteroid would have made? There would have been a crater like the crater in Arizona. Swaggering arrogant skeptics forget that small little detail. Yet I'm sure that they would have some really good lame excuse for it not being there.

Was there a crater after the Tunguska comet/asteriod event?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

This gets me to another question:

If Jesus is the son of God and actually a part of God, why did he need to pray to God? Or basically pray to himself.

But that is totally off topic.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I did give a star and a flag for this.

There seems to be a big push that God is the catalyst. I would add, the universe may be the catalyst. If you can imagine Earth as a speck of dust on a cog in the mechanism of the universe, you might get it.

I will say some one with advanced knowledge of an asteroid strike, like say God, could warn people about the impending danger. In those times, just like today, people would tend to believe this could never happen.

You can apply the same logic for the Exodus and the flood of Noah. Oh and the extinction of dinosaurs.... it was going on pre humans.

Why do we get a warning? ... another discussion

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I don't get it. How can an asteroid impact the city in such a way as to cause it to flip upside down in the dead sea. Please explain to me what branch of science is able to explain that or how you are able to?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Never heard of it flipping, etc.

It just says destroyed with a plume of smoke rising, visible from a far, affecting a large area of the valey. I only have biblical references to this event. Are there more?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

I'm still waiting for those who said "it couldn't be an asteriod as there is no crater" to show their faces. What do you have to say about Tunguska?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

This gets me to another question:

If Jesus is the son of God and actually a part of God, why did he need to pray to God? Or basically pray to himself.

But that is totally off topic.

He was the basic image of perfect man. He had to show his fallowers what is right to do. If your talking about the time when he was alone praying than it is just that. God is greater than Jesus. Jesus doesn't know the end of days, only God does.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

That one was/is ? estimated to be 30m to 50m according the information I've read.

The OP mentions 1/2 mile across in his post. I believe I said that would have had to have been some very exotic material to only level the two cities.
Even an airburst from an object of that magnitude would be immensely powerful.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
God is greater than Jesus. Jesus doesn't know the end of days, only God does.

So, Jesus doesn't equal God? I think you'll have a few Christians battling you on that one.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdCase512
That one was/is ? estimated to be 30m to 50m according the information I've read.

The OP mentions 1/2 mile across in his post. I believe I said that would have had to have been some very exotic material to only level the two cities.
Even an airburst from an object of that magnitude would be immensely powerful.

I agree with your sentiment here. But, keep in mind that this is an ancient tablet that just recently was translated. Who's to say that they didn't mistranslate meter for mile? Also this ancient "mile" in their dialect could have ment any distance. Are we sure that their "mile" is equivalent to our "mile"?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
So, Jesus doesn't equal God? I think you'll have a few Christians battling you on that one.

No battle, Jordan River is right. Anyone calling themselves a Christian who claims otherwise isn't reading their book:

"My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all ; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand." - John 10:29

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." - John 14:28

[edit on 14-12-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I can buy this theory. It's a reasonable one. But have archaeologists determined if and where Sodom and Gomorrah stood prior to their destruction? That would be my only concern.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join