Asteroid Destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, not God

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Wow, according to some of the logic in this thread, I should now believe that dinosaurs went extinct because they were naked and had sex before marriage. Those Dino's must have been worse than Soddom & Gomorrah to get such an extinction level response from god.Lol.

The universe(our creator, or god to some) doesn't care what you do or how you act. Grow up, this is how people push their own ideals onto those who are less intelligent. The bible is nothing more than the word of man. You want be closer to god? go live out in the woods and meet him/it/her.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

1. Bruce Willis

Religious nut jobs?

RRRRRRRRRRight.

The events did take place as the evidence shows but it was NOT GODS WORK. Natural events that people thought was gods work.

So now it's not even debatable.
In that case, what ever blows your dress up.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Looks like the Sodom/Gamorrah account is taking the route of all other Biblical narratives. Years ago the "experts" denied that the cities even existed. Now the event happened, but God had nothing to do with it....

Remember this one: "Jesus Christ never existed", turned to "Ok fine he existed, but he didn't do what the Bible said", to "Fine He did what the Bible said, but He didn't rise from the dead", to now: "He didn't really die, and had children by Mary Magdalene"...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

The universe(our creator, or god to some) doesn't care what you do or how you act. Grow up, this is how people push their own ideals onto those who are less intelligent. The bible is nothing more than the word of man. You want be closer to god? go live out in the woods and meet him/it/her

Well I would but he told me to stay right here and make sure I convert
everyone on this thread who' s life styles have caused total blindness and left them shivering with fear in darkness.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The act of converting someone is a form of attack. May god guide my bullets then.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
umm...
This is probably one of the worst presuppositions I've seen in the religious conspiracies forum...

First off, there is nothing to limit what "tools"(asteroids, famine, blah blah blah) God uses to accomplish His will. It's completely possible that the "fire and brimstone" were in fact what we now call asteroids.

Second, there is no evidence, besides the bible-but atleast that's 1 source, that gives credence to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah at God's almighty hand. On the other hand, there is absolutely no evidence AT ALL, not even a "fairy tale", that tells otherwise....I'll take one source over pure imaginative speculation any day.

A2D

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You should read about the Roman, Greek, Norse, Celtic, and Egyptian gods, they're pretty kickass, too.
Also, I completely agree with religion just being a way for people to give reason to things they couldn't explain back then.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
But what about the salt lady?

And the guy who walked on water?

I bet the salt lady walked on water but melted and now the ocean is salty, which is total PROOF that Jesus saves!! And all you sinners will die in fire!!!1 like in my favorite books Left Behind!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Funny how so many people believe god but nobody can tell me what he looks like, or she looks like.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Funny how so many people believe god but nobody can tell me what he looks like, or she looks like.

LOL,!!!

He's got a big moustache, leather clothes and black leather hat and he's asking you to pick up the soap!

I can't believe the stupidity of the questions from this guy!

oIo

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Since the only reference to Gods appearance is in the Bible, lets see what it has to say...

God is a spirit (John 4:24), and so His appearance is not like anything we can describe. Exodus 33:20 tells us, “But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.” As sinful human beings, we are incapable of even seeing God in all His glory and living. His appearance is utterly unimaginable and too glorious to be safely perceived by sinful man.

Ezekiel 1:26-28, “Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.” Revelation 1:14-16, “His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.”

But wait! There is a way to see God...though I doubt you will want to try this...

We do know that when we are in heaven, “we shall see Him as He is” (1 John 3:3). Sin will be no more, and we will be able to perceive God in all His glory.

Seriously you are wrecking your own thread by acting as some of the Romans did...

There is another reaction, though, that is almost unique to the Christian case: mockery. Several Roman commentators seemed to be less than impressed by the new faith. Celsus, in particular, pokes fun at Christian beliefs and rites as if it was merely a modern variation on pagan beliefs and rites. His attitude can be compared to the attitude of conservative adults towards the hippies in the 1960s.

Source 1

Source 2

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

it still not a rocket...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I can tell you what Satan looks like. I can tell you what God feels like. At one point I was concerned that because I had so much proof that I couldn't possibly have faith, but I wrong, there are plenty of things to trust and believe which will be shown visually later.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni
I can't believe the stupidity of the questions from this guy!

I'll disagree by saying I think it's a valid question. The issue is that visual appearance is only one of the senses...and one that can certainly be deceived.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Sodom and Gomorrah are at the bottom of the Dead Sea. An icy comet destroyed the region. The comet had a mixture of water, sodium and some other element that was explosive. The greatest volume of material would have been ice. My guess is that the sodium and burning compound destroyed the region instantly and then the icy portion melted in the atmosphere, eventually bringing rain down on Sodom and Gomorrah filling up the crater hole.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Your statement makes the most sense of all. Absolutely correct, where is the crater that an asteroid would have made? There would have been a crater like the crater in Arizona. Swaggering arrogant skeptics forget that small little detail. Yet I'm sure that they would have some really good lame excuse for it not being there.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Asteriods = space bug RAID watchem run AGAIN!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Who cares whether or not Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by an asteroid or by God? I think the OP is being as big of a bully as many of the Bible-beater types. Seriously, guy, let people believe what they choose and quit trying to force your version of truth down their throats. People are not idiots simply because they don't buy into a proposed hypothesis that made sense to you. No amount of apologetics, on either side, are going to convert someone over an internet message board.

Camp 1: Can you prove that God exists? No, you can't. You believe you are saved by grace, through faith (key word).

Camp 2: Can you prove that God doesn't exist? No, you can't. Science can't prove (key word) it, so you don't buy it.

We will never know what exactly happened to Sodom and Gomorrah, all we can do is speculate. There is no reason to attack someone's personal beliefs in the process.

[edit on 12/14/09 by SeditiousDissent]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENTJa
So the two angels or messengers sent to scope out the towns and who found lot and warned him to leave, were just ancient astronomers who just were claiming to be from god. And were on a personal mission to seek out the just and sinless people and warn those to escape before the meteor hit. Please be familiar with the whole story of a topic before jumping to conclusions. Thats what leads to consipracy theory B.S. You don't think that a higher being could use an asteroid? Wow! So unless its some giant glowing hand it wasn't god or at least a higher civilization posing as gods.

I'll jump to the conclusion that Lot was on the way to visit parents or simply going on holiday. After the destruction of S&G he was very pleased to tell his story and some holier-than-thou-men grabbed the story - ran with it - and eventually used it to threaten whom they percieved as sinners.

A bit like the dude who keeps reserving tickets on planes and then cancel them. Just to be able to sell his story to the papers about how he neasrly got killed and that a promonition kept him from boarding the plane.

Even without speculating we only have to go to the history books and look at the case of Galileo Galilei who was forced by the church to renounce his idea (actually Kopernicus' idea) that the earth circled the sun.
The good pope John Paul II was forced to admit that the church was wrong in doing so. It took them 13 years of scutiny to determine GG was right.
Back to speculation: Perhaps the christian church is wrong about other things as well? Perhaps even about the existence of a God? Maybe thats why they want us to believe without proof?
And to think that back in those days they had burning - talking - bushes, pillars of light, booming voices from the sky.
What have we got? A load of different interpretations.

Thou shalt not kill - and then we have chaplans blessing soldiers before they go on killing sprees.
EDIT: The soldiers - not the chaplans

Bah Humbug.

And to add my belief in S&G.
I am also with the faction who believe it was asteroid fragments or some similar event.

[edit on 14.12.2009 by HolgerTheDane]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeditiousDissent
Who cares whether or not Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by an asteroid or by God? I think the OP is being as big of a bully as many of the Bible-beater types.
***snip***
There is no reason to attack someone's personal beliefs in the process.

[edit on 12/14/09 by SeditiousDissent]

You are so right of course. Because it is about religion and faith we shouldn't question it.

--------

If it wasn't for God I'd be a believer.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join