It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid Destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, not God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

yea whatever he said^^

it is silly to find out that there is equivalent facts in the bible and in reality and then argue about which one is completely correct and the other totally isn't. seriously, what are the odds of a meteor hitting populated cities while people were recording stories.
i know this: there was a Sodom and Amora (proper Hebrew right there) and then something happened and now they are no more, your bible tells you meteor, other's bible tells them hand of god, could be both too.
chill out man religion is not that bad (I'm the furthest thing away from religion)

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Once again, the unexplainable, received "gods" touch...and the only argument for the people of Christendom is, well god sent the asteroid...That's your argument? Really? wow.

Give me proof of the existence of god, documented proof, besides the bible , which has not 1 historian as an author. You'd think if this man walked around the earth healing people, waling on water...someone would have written about him right?Oh wait, no one did.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Who but God has the power to change the course of an asteroid?
Who but God has the power to set it's course?
Who but God created all things and set them in motion?
I have heard stories of no other.

Seems very inspirational but replace the word "God" with Santa Claus and see how ridiculous the above statement looks.
OK, maybe not to a four-year old, and they (the four-year olds) would fight for their belief, just like the grown ups would fight for theirs.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

Tall salt formations near the dead sea look like people from far away and could have easily been mistaken for a person back then, like this one below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/821b122d6284.jpg[/atsimg]

the tall salt formation...or one similar to it...
was the source for the Lots' wife Myth...

some ancestor grand-pa used the natural occurring formation to concoct a moral story for the young immpressionable minds of the Tribe...
which became so spiritually believeable to the whole adult portions of the Tribe, that the Sodom-Gomorrah-Lots Wife tale became part of the Tribes collective conscious, as an Archtype morality tale.

at 3600+ bce, there was only one 'city' of note (recall World ruler 'Nimrod')
, so any metropolitan twin-cities would necessarily be folklore or at most a foggy memory of a dim past civilization long before 3600bce which either decayed or were destroyed long before the last ice-age even began.

the witnessing of the 'white stone-bowl' could not be a distant comet, as that would be termed a light or star falling...rather than a 'stone bowl'

-A White-stone bowl, which was vigorously Swept along-
may be instead a ship at sea hit by a tsunami wave... the author did not say 'boat' because a giant ceramic clad ship would not be understood as a maritime vessel... thus the mysterious description.
Ergo, the sulphur & brimstone meant a mega volcano blowing up & the resulting tsunami wave carrying ships the size of aircraft carriers ashore,
destroying the twin-cities of a pre-antiquity age....
along with the fire & brimstone the mega caldera explosion unleashed plazma balls of lightning which would be seen in the skies of the far distant cities (presumably Sodom & Gommorah)...

courtesy of Myth Busters unauthorized edition

[edit on 13-12-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by asturel13
Wow, another thread with great potential ruined by religious nut-jobs. Regardless, thanks for sharing OP, some fascinating info there.

yeah it was great untill the Christian nut jobs came along with their whacko god theories.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by SuperSlovak]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Why do people not accept natural events as what they are? Humans can't seem to accept nature and want to attribute their own egocentric beliefs on natural events so that they can understand them. The downfall of our species started when we stopped accepting nature and started projecting our superstitious minds on events and items to explain them.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by trevordbs
Once again, the unexplainable, received "gods" touch...and the only argument for the people of Christendom is, well god sent the asteroid...That's your argument? Really? wow.

Give me proof of the existence of god, documented proof, besides the bible , which has not 1 historian as an author. You'd think if this man walked around the earth healing people, waling on water...someone would have written about him right?Oh wait, no one did.

You can't find proof of God that created everything. Your so use to nature and birds and consciousness you take it for granted and think that there can't be another super multi consciousness being that is called God. If were all conscious of ourselves and have the ability of freewill that had to come from somewhere right? Were too advance to compare ourselves from our old ancestors (apes/monkeys) we look at them and see primitive. But when you compare yourself, your needs of the day, your perspective of things , you yourself came from an animal. But when you realize your an animal. that you make mistakes, but you have the ability to notice it and say hey I am man conciousness abound. Where did it come from? where did it come from?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
There were approx. 7 cites destroyed that fateful day. Sodom and Gomorrah were two of those cities. The result of the careless destruction of these cities was the creation of a large cloud of poisonous gas or some other type of fallout that moved in an easterly direction killing many thousands of more people in other cities that weren't even a part of this particular conflict.
This story is an ancient one written on clay tablets long before the time of Moses. It has been highly distorted because of the valueable lesson learned from this incident. That lesson is that those cities were not destroyed because every single man, woman and child including new born babies were wicked. Those cities were destroyed because of the decisons made by a few men at the very top.
Or it could have been an astroid

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by m4ng4n
Well others tend to believe that the world we live in is in its 4th cycle now so maybe the old civilization viped itself out with the hydrogen bomb.

Well that´s maybe not a to good explanation if one is religious and believe earth was created 6000 years ago.

But it´s good enough för me to understand that one has to learn from history. Most of our history is there right in front of you, all one have to do is open yer eye & close the other two cause they decieve you.

Have you read the Mahabharata? Anyone?

If you are referring to the Mayan calendar and the Mayan belief about the cycles then let me add this:

1:The earth and animals were created.
2:The gods created mud people.
3:The gods created wood people.
4:The gods created amber people.
5:The gods created corn people

We are the corn people.

"Mud people"??
"Amber people"???

Well that certainly lends credence to the Mayan calendar and their cycles.

2012 - Bah Humbug.

Come 2013 we shall have to come up with a new scare.

Mahabharata?
Yes I have - all 26 volumes. It took an awful long time I'll have you know.

Most of it was more or less the same religous mumbo jumbo we read in other religous texts in a curious blend with warring and killing.
I had the feeling of reading a book somewhere between the teachings of the Buddha and a Bollywood movie.

[edit on 13.12.2009 by HolgerTheDane]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Wow, another thread with great potential ruined by religious nut-jobs. Regardless, thanks for sharing OP, some fascinating info there.

yeah it was great untill the Christian nut jobs came along with their whacko god theories.

Well some can swallow the astroid sent by God. Others don't see the connection. Sorry if this was any of my fault.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
You can't find proof of God that created everything. Your so use to nature and birds and consciousness you take it for granted and think that there can't be another super multi consciousness being that is called God. If were all conscious of ourselves and have the ability of freewill that had to come from somewhere right? Were too advance to compare ourselves from our old ancestors (apes/monkeys) we look at them and see primitive. But when you compare yourself, your needs of the day, your perspective of things , you yourself came from an animal. But when you realize your an animal. that you make mistakes, but you have the ability to notice it and say hey I am man conciousness abound. Where did it come from? where did it come from?

So if there is no proof, the it was just some made up fantasy to explain the unexplainable?

Sub consciousness? I am a firm believer that we are not the only animal on this planet with some what of a conscious. And btw, we didnt come from apes/monkeys. We, and apes, came from Arty...

If the Pope himself excepts evolution as fact, stop with the whole creation bull. Religious people will always say, what if youre wrong! Well simple, he looooooves everyone right? then it shouldnt matter, but what if you are wrong? and god turns out to be a 9 iron golf club, or...nothing at all...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
here is how it could have happened small asteroid enters atmosphere becomes super heated to point of fracture breaks up in to smaller red hot burning projectiles pieces fall on towns creating fires throw in a wind storm you could turn building fires into as firestorm the reason brimstone was smelled is because of very high sulfur in area from dead sea . also i believe god was responsible

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

So if there is no proof, the it was just some made up fantasy to explain the unexplainable?

Sub consciousness? I am a firm believer that we are not the only animal on this planet with some what of a conscious. And btw, we didnt come from apes/monkeys. We, and apes, came from Arty...

If the Pope himself excepts evolution as fact, stop with the whole creation bull. Religious people will always say, what if youre wrong! Well simple, he looooooves everyone right? then it shouldnt matter, but what if you are wrong? and god turns out to be a 9 iron golf club, or...nothing at all...

What's arty? Arty the strongest man in the earth from pete and pete? lol. I'm sorry don't know what you ment.

I know that I am right as you know you are right on behalf of your defense. So we just disagree.

Well our conscious is higher than other animals. Thats where I was going

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Jordan River]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

What's arty? Arty the strongest man in the earth from pete and pete? lol. I'm sorry don't know what you ment.

I know that I am right as you know you are right on behalf of your defense. So we just disagree.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

What did you expect when creating a topic with such title? I thought you wanted to assure Christians it wasn't god, but an asteroid.

So, it says in the bible that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by fire and brimstone, how does that exactly exclude an possibility of an asteroid(s)?

I don't see how your topic defies the concept of a believer.

But then again, I don't really care what happened, even if anything happened. It simple doesn't matter. But, I just made an remark to point out the futility of your attempt to ruin a Christian's day

-v

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
some ancestor grand-pa used the natural occurring formation to concoct a moral story for the young immpressionable minds of the Tribe...

And you know this how? See my post regarding Virgin Mary toast. I'd like to have those additional questions addressed from it if you have a moment.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah
I agree. retarded not to accept evolution!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni

Asteroids come from space... not from god!

lol...God created Asteroids AND Space and everything within and everything outside.

You think God is a man right?

I think god doesn't exist. Your Christian mind games won't work on me.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni

Asteroids come from space... not from god!

lol...God created Asteroids AND Space and everything within and everything outside.

You think God is a man right?

I think god doesn't exist. Your Christian mind games won't work on me.

this thread gives me more reasons to believe in God. It confirms that something did happen to S&G.

Don't know where this thread was aiming at?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join