It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Has Hollywood Never Made a Movie About the Nephilim?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
As someone who writes film scripts, I can answer that in three letters CAA.

CAA is a hyper-corrupt agency that is destroying Hollywood like a cancer.

What they do is this...They have tied up most of the top writers, actors, producers and directors. They will not allow ANYONE even to pitch a screenplay unless they are signed up with them. Likewise, a producer is not allowed to sign up a director unless he is signed with them. A director cannot hire an actor unless they are signed with them. And liekwise, a write cannot show his work to a producer unless he is signed with them.

If anyone breaks this extreme restricted practice, then they are, in effect, blacklisted by CAA McCarthy style.

As a result, since CAA take 10% of each top writer's, director's etc's pay which is linked usually to a percentage of the box office, CAA now creams a good 5 to 10% of the box office of the whole of Holllywood.

Worse, CAA agents are extremely pressured for surefire success, so they have a hyper-conservative view of material. As CAA is linkeed to box office and amount spent, they promote writers and projects full of pyrotechnics and no plot that result in high-rolling expense and no imagination. CAA is also a prime reason why the Cinemas are always filled with trashy sequels and prequels and films with highly predictable endings, and why British films are the ones with clever, unpredictible endings, however, UK film industry is utterly penniless.

As a result, it is exceptionally hard for anyone to go anywhere with a screenplay that has imaginative ideas like having strong female roles, etc..

For example, Julia Roberts has complained about never seeing scripts with strong female roles. I have personally submitted two to her CAA agent only to be flatly turned down and know several others who have done the same.

CAA is like a plastic bag held over the head of Hollywood, it is stiffling all creativity and suffocating the industry so badly that all the studios are moving from profit to severe loss as it stacks up astronomic profits.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I know of one novel that was created for this subject. The activities of the Nephilim and the Fallen Angels are at the heart of the story. The novel revolves around one fallen angel that desires a human woman that he could not have. She is forced to live in the city where the governmental seat of the angels resides. Over time she softened the heart of the evil angel and he renounces his bad ways. A great battle ocurres in space and a planet is destroyed. The fallen angels are rounded up into a comet to await final judgement. The woman unites with Japheth and she survives the flood.

Read it for yourselves.

SEOLA

[edit on 14-12-2009 by lostinspace]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

I have seen the movie, is now been shown on the Sciene fiction network, I actually like it.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

If anyone is interested, I have written a finished feature film screenplay that takes place 1 week before the flood of Noah, and is based somewhat on the Book of Jasher and The Book of Enoch. It has Nephilim giants, Methuselah and Noah kidnapped so they can be forced to stop the floods using the mystical staff given to Adam, and many other very exciting, never-before-seen, story lines and features. Basically, the story is consistent with the biblical record, with MANY holes filled in, much of which is either directly from or inspired by other respected ancient writings.

When I tried to pitch it to Hollywood, there was a very strange reaction. For example, I had a friend who had many connections in Hollywood, was a film commissioner for one of the states, and a top location manager for some big movies, and when he tried to get a long time friend to take a look, the guy was "sure, be happy to." After he read the script, he would not return my friends calls, and acted very strange.

Every place I sent it had similar results. There were those in the industry who read it, and they said things like "this is the best story I have ever read", and there were even people who read it and came up to me crying, saying they were so moved by the story, for it told the story of those pre-flood days like no other, and people resonated with it. But, if there were Hollywood "big wigs" who read it, they would react in a way as if they would never want to see that story told, not if their lives depended on it.

I'm still hoping that some day I will run into the right person who will have the ability to get it produced... somebody with BIG cajonies!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

I wouldn't mind seeing your script. I have no influence in Hollywood. I just like the subject. My first exposure to an antediluvian fantasy was Seola which was published in 1878. Most people in the Abrahamic faiths don't ponder on this time in history. I don't know why. Some Christian faiths even deny the fact that the "sons of God" in Genesis were the fallen angels. This time period would make the best movie out of all the scriptures.

I don't know if the producers you showed thought no one would see it or it was too religious. They may have had a deep sinking feeling that it would bring divine displeasure. I mean actors are going to have to take the role of angels who were once incarnate who may still live amongst us. Bad things may happen during the filming because of who it attracts, demons.

I would love to be a part of its filming but I would also be scared of the consequences. I think it would have to have a BIG CHEESE backing.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Funny thing, I watched an old episode of star trek yesterday. It was the one where they come across Apollo (the greek god). And Kirk theorises that all of the greek gods were actually aliens who came to earth and were treated as gods.

As someone else mentioned, the whole star trek thing. I have seen many star trek story lines with references to old earthen mythologies or theories.

I think hollywood has to walk a fine line in terms of biblical stories. They are ok with the jesus/devil type of thing. Or the occasional angel being all good and sweet etc. Those are things the masses expect and can accept. Go beyond that and you get into trouble.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
At this point making a movie about the Nephilim would result in more disinformation than an accurate account of anything...

Fox

just my 2 cents

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 12/15/2009 by FoxStriker]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
are we talking about fallen angels or alien movie?

I don't understand why they haven't made a armageddon movie yet. although Legion does look good and they have Dante Inferno coming out for ps3
LEGION

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Jordan River]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Angelology

Fallen

Legion

Nephilim

Gabriel

Immortal

just to name a few. some of them are really good some sucked. i personally like Immortal the best and i am looking forward to Legion.

hope this helps.

~G~

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Check out the TV series Hex.

For movies try the 13th gate.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Probably because Tiger Woods hasn't been available.
(Before now, anyway)

You can load the cast with reality tv `stars'. It'll be perfect

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup
reply to post by whaaa

If anyone is interested, I have written a finished feature film screenplay that takes place 1 week before the flood of Noah, and is based somewhat on the Book of Jasher and The Book of Enoch.

When I tried to pitch it to Hollywood, there was a very strange reaction. For example, I had a friend who had many connections in Hollywood, was a film commissioner for one of the states, and a top location manager for some big movies, and when he tried to get a long time friend to take a look, the guy was "sure, be happy to." After he read the script, he would not return my friends calls, and acted very strange.

Every place I sent it had similar results. There were those in the industry who read it, and they said things like "this is the best story I have ever read", and there were even people who read it and came up to me crying, saying they were so moved by the story, for it told the story of those pre-flood days like no other, and people resonated with it. But, if there were Hollywood "big wigs" who read it, they would react in a way as if they would never want to see that story told, not if their lives depended on it.

There are certain things that can have a screenplay instantly trashed. Even if you have 99.999% fabulous writing, a single line can have it instantly trashed without even bbeing read.

You might like checking over yuor screenplay as you might have set of one of the "tripwires".

Here are things that commonly "boobytrap" scripts:-

1. Length. If it is well over 120 pages they conclude that you are clueless and dump it without reading it. If you are a few lines over the 120 pages then they conclude that you are sloppy as any writer worth his salt can edit down a few lines and so they still dump it. In some studios and agencies, they actually employ unpaid interns and all they do all day is to check the last page number of an incoming script and if it is higher than 120, they put it straight through the shredder.

2. Music. If state a specific piece of music, it will cause your screenplay to go straight into file 13. By stating a specific piece of music, you allow the artist to jhold the studio to virtual ransom. the only pieces of music that you can use are:-
= Traditional, eg the sailor's hornpipe
= Types of music, erg by saying Rap music is playing
= Music where the copyright has expired, eg Tchaikovsky
Also remember that "Happy Birthday to You" is actually copyrighted and adds seriously to the costs of the screenplay.

3. They re/There/Their - Some agents and studios run a quick word scan on the use of these. If they see an example of where this is wrongly used, they don't bother to read it but assume that you are illiterate.

4. Wrong Brads - If not fastened properly, interns are paid to trash it without anyone reading it. The correct system is:-
In the USA - Two brass brads one at the top and one at the bottom wth the middle hole empty.
In the UK - Three steel brads

5. Copyright - Always copyright it before sending it, BUT if you put copyright on it, they conclude that you might be setting them up to sue them and it is instantly trashed.

6. High Quality or coloured paper - Agents and studios regard that if you have to use flashy gimmicks like this, then your script is not worth anything, so again the interns are paid to trash it before anyone sees it.

7. Mentioning a specific actor/actress even if dead or other TV series or film - Again this leaves the studio at the mercy of a greedy actor or executors of a will. Causes the screenplay to go straight into the bin at the corner of the desk. Consider the comedy "Can't Hardly Wait". IN one scene the nerds are talking about how they were going to disrupt a high school party, by planning their "raid" with the use of Star Wars action figures. This scene had to be reshot. Lucas discovered this scene and threatened to sue for substantially more than the entire budget for the movie.

8. Lack of Editing Down - Studios will not touch a project if they think it is "badly written" which includes if you have not been economical with your words. Why? Consider this, rough rule of thumb...each word you use in a screenplay will add approximately $150 to the cost of production. SO they want the final minimalist version, not the wordy one.

Since this is nothing like anything that I am working on, if you like, you could send me a copy and I can advise you what is wrong with it.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by aristocrat2]

[edit on 15-12-2009 by aristocrat2]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

I know nothing about the movie industry apart from enjoying the fruits of people like yourselves labour, so you will have to excuse my naivety, however cant you guys get together and make a rival organisation that would dwarf the CAA?? Im sure if you got enough members someone in Hollywood would have to take notice?? Or do they have soo tied up that it is virtual impenetrable?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Thanks for the link
, I'm already hooked
, i got up at 4am this morning to try and get my work finished so i can start my christmas holiday, however, its going to be very difficult now

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

That is soooo right up my street!! Everything i have studied and wrote about!!! If i had the money i would soo be helping you out right now... Its interesting how "the best thing they have ever read" is soo easily put to one side
I really feel for you!!

Have you ever tried pitching it to TBN? They recently made a high production film called "One Night With The King," about queen Esther... However a film like yours would probably need higher end production than they could provide?? I dont know... But what I DO know is marketing, and that I would pay good money to see it for sure!!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The NWO does fund the missionaries though.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bignick

No it doesnt... Certainly doesnt come from MY taxes??? It come from private generosity..

Any other comments not related to the thread shall be ignored xx

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
reply to post by aristocrat2

r cant you guys get together and make a rival organisation that would dwarf the CAA?? Im sure if you got enough members someone in Hollywood would have to take notice??

NO, because...

I know nothing about the movie industry apart from enjoying the fruits of people like yourselves labour, so you will have to excuse my naivety,

... on a grand scale. In short...

Or do they have soo tied up that it is virtual impenetrable?

Hollywood makes about 650 films a year which make, what, at a guess $60,000,000 each. So, if by tying up all the directors, agents, actors etc, the CAA collect, say 5% of that, if works out to about $2 BILLION A YEAR IN INCOME...and that's before considering the income from TV and training films.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Quick set of statistics...

EACH YEAR...

- Hollywood receives 250,000 screenplays.
- Hollywood makes 650 feature films a year.
- Hollywood has PROFITABLE films on the region of 100 to 200 a year.

If the likelihood of having a script made is multiplied by the average amount that a person is paid for a screenplay that is made, then the average value of a screenplay is about $2 each...yes, that's not $2,000 but $2 each - slightly below its "scrap value" ... the asset value of the fasteners, the cardboard cover and the paper used.

In short, more money is sent by people writing screenplays on stationary and postage by a massive margin than the sum total of the amount that they industry pays out to screenwriters. ...and that's without even considering all the cash spent on Film Festivals and contests and trying to get "connections".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join