It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis or "Hag-ridden" Encounter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I'll grab this opportunity to tell you folks about an experience I had in my early teens, I remember it vividly, it was sleep-paralysis after-all, who could forget?

Only this time it wasn't threatening in the slightest, only one creature involved and I felt a sense of friendship, curiosity, and playfulness. Every detail right down to a T, even the wet nose.. I felt a fully-grown dog crawl on-top of me and lick my face, the front legs inside my shoulder area, it's hind legs one either waist side, it lasted for around 5 seconds. I had been trying to sleep for a short period of time when I felt this strange creature take an interest in me..I recall letting out a little murmur in my sleep in discomfort but I also felt my cheeks bulging out from either side like a child's giggling reaction to something "icky."
(For those wondering, NO dogs were and still aren't allowed in the house, we've never owned one either! They have no way of entering, Without going unnoticed from a sick-of-pets mother, of course
)

Amazing what the mind can do, no?

It's not for me to steal your thread, however. Interesting story!!! I certainly remember my first episode, I personally love it - such excitement, a RUSH of absolute adrenaline, whilst the sense of fear is indeed petrifying, don't you find after an hour-or-so a peculiar urge to experience more? I sure did, and still do.

When the mysterious suspect-villains involved seem to match-up with other peoples experiences from all over the world, it does make you wonder...

[edit on 27-12-2009 by TheBeatlesWillSaveUs]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This is such a common experience to me that I actually thought that everyone gets this every few days or so. My best guess is that our body is still asleep while our brain is already active. Sort of an synchronization problem in our nervous system or something. It stopped happening to me for almost a year now though.

I actually thought that it was due to eating before sleeping before. But it happens without the aforementioned. It's probably just a sleep problem.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This seems like the most current thread on the subject. Hate to dredge something a few months old, but wanted to share my experience.

This happens to me on at least a weekly basis. I've never seen the hag, only felt like there was something in the room with me. If I happen to "wake up" with my back to the door, I get the feeling Chucky or Freddy, or some other famous horror killer is about to pounce.

My entire body is paralyzed, even though I cant breathe in, I can moan. I keep moaning until someone can fully wake me up. I experience this no matter what position I sleep in.

This helped me out the few times I remembered to do it in my panic. Focus on wiggling your big toe, put all your effort into making it move.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join