It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just had the strangest dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
So check this out
I was taking a lazy afternoon nap and ...

this very vivid dream started as if I was watching an unsolved mystery show...
only in this dream there was no TV just the scene.

The setting was like 1930's 40's India.
The Narrator opened the story by saying "Philip Gardner had the great misfortune of meeting..." cant recall the name but it referred to the this Big Indian man.

the scene cuts to a scared looking dark haired smallish looking Englishman. fumbling to nervously unsling his machine gun... in the dream it looked like a MP18 sub machine gun... I know because I googled era guns...

So old Philip Gardner cuts lose with his gun with just a few feet between him that the big Indian. misses every shoot... the Narrator says "Reports say Philip Gardner, back peddling, unloaded almost a hundred rounds before abandoning the machine gun, he then managed to loose his side arm and continue firing but mister Gardner.... was never seen again"! just like watching a real TV show the scene fades to black and I woke up wondering what the hell was that?

It was so vivid and so odd... never had a Narrator in my dreams,never dreamed of India or cheesy mystery shows before .... I woke pretty quickly... tried search terms "Philip Gardner India mystery, missing etc" nothing... but even now almost as hour later I can still see in my head like I watched and episode of ??? whatever the hell that weird dream show was...

oh before you say it.. no I don't watch to much TV... truthfully its almost never on...

SO what do think ever have a dream like that? know anything about a Philip Gardner India mystery who's a bad shoot?

[edit on 12-12-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

You clearly are familiar with the concept of everything in it, so it's literally not a stretch of the imagination that your subconscious simply made it all up. I wouldn't leap to the conclusion that it's anything other than a dream.

I do agree that it is a crazy dream, however! Fantastically detailed, well constructed, and simply fascinating.

I'd chalk this up to how creative you can be. Most people simply dream they're in the supermarket with no trousers on - your subconscious can spin a narrative most TV shows lack.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You picked up a transmission from another planet that started using radio frequencies millions of years ago. It just now reached the Earth and was amplified by the Earths magnetic field. Sort of like an electric guitar pickup. You just happen to be in the right place at the right time but more importantly your brain was set to receive instead of transmit.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperFoxBat

well if that's true then that planet looked just like Bombay looks in those old B movies... Wonder if they ever found ole Philip Gardner?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Whatever it was, if you cant hit something with that weapon at close range you have issues
! I hate dreams where I'm either pounding on someone or in combat and they dont stop. Frustrating as hell!

You couldnt have picked much better of a weapon...one of my favorites!

Steyr, Berreta, russian ppsh's. These were a fairly common design. I love these weapons. Style and blowback simplicity.

There is just something about steel and wood thats missing in todays weaponry. Difference between my 1911 and a glock.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I have dreamt whole movies in the past and, as I recall, they were quite hilarious. My wife has told me on more than one occassion that I was laughing in my sleep again. I never really could remember them in any great detail after I awoke but I do remember thinking that they were quite splendid while I was busy dreaming them up.

I do have recurring dreams of exploring several fantastic "landscapes". I'll call them that because I am always alone in these environments. I never encounter another human being. One is a rather spooky old and decrepit house which seems to have an endless supply of secret passageways. The floors are all sagging and rotted and I often have to be very careful where I step so as not to fall thru the rotted timber as I explore the location.

The second is a what I would call a luxury apartment that seems to be located in a Southern California town, just a few blocks from the ocean. In fact, I can see the ocean from some of the windows when I'm there. The exterior of the building is covered in an off-white stucco and you have to climb a spiral stairway in order to get to the second floor, where the apartment is located. The rooms are huge and decorated in a modern, eclectic style. Many of the rooms are connected by long hallways that have hardwood floors covered with beautiful thick carpet runners. Whenever I visit this place I always feel as tho there is someone else about the place and that I'm not supposed to be there. As to who the other is I cannot say since I've never actually dreamed that I encountered them. Nor can I possibly tell you all why it is that I would be in a stranger's apartment in the first place if I was not welcome there. It's just one of the peculiar facets of the dream.

The third landscape is the most fantasitc. It seems to be a huge abandoned manufacturing facility that has been built into the rock walls of an imposing cliffside at the edge of a violent ocean. This facility has vast rooms filled with all sorts of the most fantastic machinery, all of it rusted and broken. In the rooms that line the outer walls the windows are all broken out and many birds have taken to building nests along the lips of the steel I beams that hold the ceilings in place. I always visit what seems to be the loading area in this dream, and it is a most impressive sight. Here the ocean has battered away most of the outside walls and the waves come rolling into the room and crash against the loading docks. Outside I can see large jagged spiral rock formations, reminiscent of the stalagmite formations found in many caves. For some reason this room seems to fill me with a deep sense of foreboding, although I cannot begin to say why. At some point in this dream I always climb the rock cliffs to the top of the plateau. The wind is blowing at a fierce clip and the nooks and crannies of the rock walls are filled with fantastic vegetation. They seem to be small conifers of some kind that grow into tight little ball shapes, no doubt to survive the howling wind. When I reach the top I am treated to a fantastic vista. The cliffline extends off into the distance and seems to writhe back and forth against the ocean like a snake. At its base, the ocean churns like some terrific storm has just passed thru. I can see that the cliff face has many more structures like the one I was just exploring jutting from its surface out to the horizon. The sun is always hanging just above the horizon, but whether it is rising or setting I cannot say.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by godless]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I like the dream. I don't have much to add, other than that I've been having more and more dreams that stand out as 'unique' in one way or another. Ones that are very vivid with bizarre elements.

I don't even usually remember my dreams, but I had one recently in which I remembered a character's name from the dream (something I can't say I ever recall happening). Is that rare for you as well?

I posted about it in my ATS Media Portal Blog, if you're interested.

This could be just because of my recent efforts in trying to induce lucid dreams, and to remember my dreams, but at the very least, I guess it means I'm getting results.

I suggest you try to make it happen again. Put yourself in that frame of mind as you go to sleep, and when you wake up, before totally bringing your mind into an alert state, try to remember what you may have dreamed about. It might not seem like it's working at first, but eventually it will.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
You know the replies I'm getting are making me wonder...
it seems to me only recently I'd been having much more vivid dreams... not everyday heck not even every month but once in a while I'll have one where it's like I was right there sight sounds taste texture smells... but it's not me per say more like I'm watching something happen...

Cant say anything new has happened to trigger them no drugs (Other than what they put in our water) no undue stress... no ... well anythings...

so is it just me or some of you noticing an increase in these vivid dreams

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Any change in diet? Curry, nutmeg, sometimes cinnimon, makes me dream vividly.

Had any egg nog with nutmeg perhaps?

new topics

top topics

join