Don't forget the hemp seeds...
No other single plant source provides balanced protein nutrition with all the essential amino acids in a favorable ratio for digestibility. In fact,
two-thirds of the shelled seed is packed with these essential nutrients and is 40% more nutritious than whole hempseed. Yes, the shelled seed is more
nutritious than the whole seed. When the hull is removed, the percentage of essential nutrients rises. The protein content increases by 8% (to more
than 30%), and the total fat content goes up 17% (to more than 47%). The ratio of EFAs remains the same though.
Furthermore, hemp seed is far more valuable in terms of concentrated nutrients than soybeans, the nearest vegan alternative. Shelled hemp seeds
contain 35% protein, of which 65% occurs as the easily digestible storage protein, edestin. Hemp seeds contain all nine essential amino acids with a
high content of sulfur-containing AA (methionine and cysteine), which are usually low in vegetable proteins. The absence of trypsin inhibitory
activity is a major advantage over the type of protein found in soybeans.
Hemp Seeds contains:
* All 20 amino acids, including the 9 essential amino acids (EAAs) our bodies cannot produce.
* A high protein percentage of the simple proteins that strengthen immunity and fend off toxins.
* Eating hemp seeds in any form could aid, if not heal, people suffering from immune deficiency diseases. This conclusion is supported by the fact
that hemp seed has been used to treat nutritional deficiencies brought on by tuberculosis, a severe nutrition blocking disease that causes the body to
* Nature’s highest botanical source of essential fatty acid, with more essential fatty acid than flax or any other nut or seed oil.
* A perfect 3:1 ratio of Omega-6 Linoleic Acid and Omega-3 Linolenic Acid – for cardiovascular health and general strengthening of the immune
* A superior vegetarian source of protein considered easily digestible.
* A rich source of phytonutrients, the disease-protective element of plants with benefits protecting your immunity, bloodstream, tissues, cells,
skin, organs and mitochondria.
* The richest known source of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids.