It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with the ATS membership right now ? !!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

Interesting response. I take it that its based on your skills as a psycologist, psycoanalyst or from some other part of the psychology field that lets you believe you can pre suppose what I am, who I am and where im going.

All this from a photograph I took of a guy at a fancy dress event to raise funds for charity. AMAZING !!

I thank you for cheering me up and putting a smile on my face, no realy you did. thanks

Respects

[edit on 14-12-2009 by captiva]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm one of the new people to your site. In the interest of full disclosure, I consider myself to be a skeptic. This does NOT, however, mean that I'm out to debunk everything I read or act holier than thou. My search is for the truth and I believe in applying good science and critical thinking skills in my search. I feel that I, and those like me, can make this site better for everyone by offering a fresh point of view combined with keen analytical skills.

abovetopsecret.com is a very interesting site and I am glad to be able to join this community. I look forward to many discussions in the coming weeks and months.

Regards,

CPTAMEDD

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

That may be a good point; however, one of the biggest mistakes I think people make when on the internet is that they forget they ARE dealing with real people. You say it's just a computer insulting them? These people are perfectly aware that it's a human being taking jabs at them.

You should be just as aware that it's people your taking jabs at, not computers.

Would you expect anyone to react differently over the phone?

Do you talk to people in the same abrasive manner when your face-to-face with them?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Another thing I'd like to add and also ask is:

Whenever I amazingly tend to be so prolific as to be deserving of an applause from the ATS staff, hardly anyone ever responds to said post. Most of the time it's in a forum with heated debate, too.

I think this may go to show that it may be the nature of the people gravitating to and "taking over" the forum. Maybe they just plain aren't interested in intriguing, thought provoking debate. Maybe they just want to relieve the stresses of their life by taking it out on someone they know can't come knock their teeth out.

Has this happened to anyone else. Have you received applause on a certain post, but it also happened to be one that went largely ignored by posters in a certain thread?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
[edit on 14-12-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Unsung Heroes

Originally posted by nunya13
Has this happened to anyone else. Have you received applause on a certain post, but it also happened to be one that went largely ignored by posters in a certain thread?

Majic's Law Of Forum Irony

The value of a post is inversely proportional to its popularity.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Amazingly the only thread I ever started that got an applause on the op sits almost dead.

I'm not caring about stars and flags anymore but I expected more response...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

This is golden, and I've been suggesting number 1 for quite some time now, yet it seems people are still oblivious to it.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

reply to post by mantisfan72

It's not debate people take issue with. It's the way those that disagree with them do so that people are getting tired of.

This goes for both sides.

For the love of god!!!

Are you saying that disagreeing with someone now is against ATS's ethos?

The more you talk, the more your making this website into a cult.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Another thing I'd like to add and also ask is:

Whenever I amazingly tend to be so prolific as to be deserving of an applause from the ATS staff, hardly anyone ever responds to said post. Most of the time it's in a forum with heated debate, too.

I think this may go to show that it may be the nature of the people gravitating to and "taking over" the forum. Maybe they just plain aren't interested in intriguing, thought provoking debate. Maybe they just want to relieve the stresses of their life by taking it out on someone they know can't come knock their teeth out.

You can't have debate without 2 sides to a discussion, if requesting evidence to back up someones claim, surely there is nothing wrong with that at all?

ATS was taken over by people who wanted this website to be a cult website, log on and be spoon fed the crazy, Blossom Goodchild didn't come around because people asked her to prove her self, its because people believed her without calling her out.

Now ATS seems to be attracting people who want to believe in CT's, but as were all human, we require evidence, we don't all believe things whole heartedly without any substance.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

This may be a shock to some, but not every thread is read by a mod. (I think I may get sanctioned for that, but it's true)....

If you REALLY think you did a good job, and deserve an applause, why not simply U2U a mod with the link, and ask them to check it out? (don't ask for an applause, but if it is as good as you think it is, you just might get one or more from it)....

Applauses are subjective. I tend to give them out for folks who did a good job of backing up their point (whether or not I agree with it), and doing it succinctly, and in an informative, not insulting, way to the poster. Or for someone presenting what I consider to be valuable new information or references on a topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join