What is wrong with the ATS membership right now ? !!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
Truthers have to put up with against people who I believe are disinformationist or are being paid from outside sources

Except there is more evidence that the "truthers" are the paid disinformation agents, as they are not at all interested in the truth, prefering their silly conspiracy theories.

You know when you are exposing the truth,

Except "truthers" avoid the truth, prefering their conspiracy theories

It’s not even about opinions, its about the facts.

No, "truthers" avoid the facts, prefering conspiracy theories

Everyone needs to be educated in the art disinformation.

So they can see the "truthers" at work!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

You can feel free to PM me and enlighten me but until then, your argument is going nowhere.

Absolutely not. You know what the problem is and you are still plying the stupid game why don’t you give it up?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Truthers are not lairs it is poster like you the OP is talking about stop lumping everyone who does not believe in the OS of 911 as “ disinformation agents,” get real!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

You can’t be wrong that is what your problem is.

I stated nothing but fact about the human species having rights to their opinions on the internet (unless you live in a Communist country of course lol). I really fail to see the logic in debating that.

That’s not all you stated?

Yes, it is

I'm going out now so I can't "debate" with you any longer. But I wasn't stating any opinions either unless you really want to consider "everyone has their opinions" an opinion. Hey, how many times can we throw the word "opinion" around?

Also, what facts would you like me to provide? I simply do not understand how I can supply you with evidence of people having rights to their own thoughts and voice....google it maybe? I don't know what you're on...but, good game.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

reply to post by dereks

Truthers are not lairs it is poster like you the OP is talking about stop lumping everyone who does not believe in the OS of 911 as “ disinformation agents,” get real!

Truthers are opinionated individuals who feel strongly about a conspiracy theory. Doesn't mean they're right and doesn't mean those who disagree with them are right either. It's a very controversial issue (obviously) and both sides have a right to believe in what they want to believe in. That's the glory of living in a "free" society.

Oh and way to attack that poster,

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
I go through this same garbage in all the 911 threads. You all think that is bad, you should see some of the ridiculing and down right disgusting insults that some of us Truthers have to put up with against people who I believe are disinformationist or are being paid from outside sources to railroad the truth.

You know when you are exposing the truth, when you all of a sudden see a group of negative disinformationist playing tag team against the truth.
It’s not even about opinions, its about the facts.

Everyone needs to be educated in the art disinformation. So you can spin their garbage right back at them.

25 Tactics for Truth Suppression
tactics used by disinformation agents
stooges for the elite.

benfrank.net...

[edit on 12-12-2009 by impressme]

It's not the truth. It's your opinion. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you are right. Remember that.

You said that my statement is not true I simply asked you to provide proof that I am wrong.
Yet we have gone for two pages of “you avoiding” to answering my question why is that?
Why don’t you answer the question???

Nice spin you play.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I just recently signed up to this board and I keep seeing people say, "Deny Ignorance". Where does that saying come from? One person told me it was a motto but I don't see it listed as a motto. Did I miss the memo? Thanks for educating the noob.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Indeed OP. Lots of ugliness.

Although it has always been like this. But you are correct that it appears to be escalating in recent times.

It is widespread too, in literally every forum. And it's usually the same individuals who rifle up and down the entire first page of the forum ridiculing and debunking.

Sometimes I have to double check my url to make sure I'm on a Conspiracy website, because the way that those entertaining conspiracies are attacked and ridiculed make it look like I accidently logged onto the skeptical enquirer forum. lol

It's pretty wild when the vast majority of threads wind up in ridicule fests on a CONSPIRACY forum, and that people are being called "nutjobs" and "whackos" and told how stupid they are quite consistently for discussing the very subject matter the forums are supposed to BE ABOUT! LOL!

Generally the perpetrators want to intimidate others into not posting by leveling such insults and ridicule,and "calling into question those discussing the subject's intelligence and sanity", and more often than not, they are succesful at intimidating people into not posting for fear of such attacks. They also love to derail the threads INTO the back and forth bantering, so that the mods will end up closing the thread, which ALSO happens frequently. Which in turn shuts down the discussion, the interest in it, and the continued sharing of information of that particular subject being discussed. There is a modus operandi behind this, and it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out who the usual bunch of culprits are, nor their likely motivations behind such activities. All one has to do is pay attention, and it becomes quite easy to spot the culprits, and the modalities they are implementing.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
To the casual ATS readers I apologies for my behavior, I was only trying to prove my point and I wasn’t going to back down. I can't believe he wouldn’t answerer my first question and he never did.

He clearly made a claim that I was wrong, and all I did was ask him to back up his claim.
He never did.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

You are not fooling anyone in here, or your tag team freinds.

Thank you for having the reverence to speak out, impressme. I'm not fooled either. We all know what's going on here. It's deplorable that it can be allowed to happen on a community of this caliber but I guess they're everywhere. Anyone of reasonable intellect won't fall for their text book methodologies of antagonism and derailment. It's transparent at the best the times.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by rexusdiablos]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

ah, another one of these threads. welcome to the new flavor of the month.

Ok, I'll say it since I don' tcare what peopel think.. I'm personally tired of coddling and entertaining every screwball idea that every paranoid delusional neurotic dreams up and decides to post here. Increasingly, I tire of seeing teh mental diarrhea that gets splashed all over this site, and worse are those that eat up every last chunk of it.

I'm sorry, but not every single not perfectly and exactly mundane thing is a ufo, alien, reptillian, chemtrail, proof of (insert whackbag idea here), jesus, satan or whatnot. Honestly, people just need to get a damn grip and chill out a bit.

The reality of it all is, there hasn't been much of note happening, and people are so starved for tabloid entertainment that their brain just starts generating its own flow of crap until we end up here and watch the mudslide of biblical proportions roll its way down the thread listings.

The only thing that makes it worse are the whiny inbred liberals who simply must defecate more public defamation in defense of their ill conceived and shaky moral positions.

most of the serious posters have left a while ago, and most of the rest are just here for the attention. me? i just like beating on zombies

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
i've been called a # by a member, and he only received a warning.

Back in the days, I used Jap instead of Japanese and I got post privileges removed.

I think this incivility is simply a part of the uneducated population.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Sometimes I have to double check my url to make sure I'm on a Conspiracy website, because the way that those entertaining conspiracies are attacked and ridiculed make it look like I accidently logged onto the skeptical enquirer forum.

You and I both, buddy. I've left three communites for the exact same reason only to arrive here and find that ATS is replete with the same issue.

My suggestion to previous communities was to segregate the forum into a CONSPIRACY THEORY ADVOCATES section and an OPEN section. The OPEN section would function very the same as ATS does now whereby rebuttal and ridicule are permitted. The CONSPIRACY THEORY ADVOCATE section would only permit those who already believe in the subjective theory. There's a valid reasoning behind this:

The validation of a conspiracy theory at times negates the very counteraction of the theory.

e.g. the lifetime you could potentially spend arguing with skeptics about the existence of globalist oligarchies is tantamount to the amount of time spent resisting and dismantling such organizations.

In layman's terms, true conspiracy theorists of a given theory should be allowed to work exclusively within the subset that is themselves.

It's just as DimensionalDetective said. I had to check the url as I began to wonder why I even have to justify all of this to what is supposed to be a conspiracy theory community.

Yes, yes, I'm all for freedom of speech but the freedom of speech that this community afford skeptics impedes on the freedom of action and progression of it's true conspiracy theorists. Segregation will solve this issue.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I have to say I totally agree with you - I have used the ignore feature for a few people - I usually go back and un-ignore them because I have hopes that they may have changed - but normally I find that they haven't ...

I used to be very active here - now I come in every few days read threads that look interesting and as soon as the rudeness begins I don't bother to go back - it seems to me that the people screaming for "PROOF" would not accept any proof that was offered - unless it supported what they were thinking about regarding the specific post

I'm not saying that there haven't been some off the wall ideas presented - but if it isn't something I'm interested in - or if I don't think it is true at all I just don't go back to the thread - some of them have caught my attention and have made me think hmmmm interesting -- Personally I love the threads that do that - I may never go over to what the original poster states or believes but the fact that it has given me pause and perhaps even prompted me to do some searching on the subject is why I am here.

I'm older than a lot of you and I come from a time (a long long time ago) where people were taught to be polite, to think before they speak and to put themselves in the shoes of the person they were talking to - I am often amazed at the rudeness that people think nothing of today - I do believe there can be a spirited debate without stooping to rudeness or just plain derision.

Do I think it will change back -unfortunately no - for some reason a lot of people now seem to think they deserve respect --- but don't think they have to give respect to anyone else.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

S & F for you my friend i have been on occasion been debunking certain topics but that is only in my opinon i love this site and i glad you have bought this important topic to everyones attenetion i happen to agree with alot of the stuff being written and i totally agree with you here so i thought id put my 2c worth in good stuff

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Wow, the way some of you talk internet forums are some kind of battleground. "We've got to fight against this poster before others buy into their ignorance"!

You can't control what others choose to believe. You can sanitize this whole planet of the ideas you believe to be ignorant and dangerous but, you will still have people who believe ideas you find questionable. There's nothing you can do. Say your peace and move on. Stop pretending you lash out at others as some kind of service when it really is for your own edification (there are those who legitimately disagree. that's fine if you are polite). ATS has always been like this from what i've seen. You've got little cliques, you've got big alpha posters (I mean really, it's so annoying when someone spouts "I can't wait till ______ gets here! he/she will be all over this"! Grow a spine and say something for yourself), you've got trolls. It's an ebb and flow. Once this spiral thing dies down you'll see the cliques reform along certain lines. It's a lot like high school.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by antonia]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Controversial subjects will bring about harsh reactions. And the more better you can demonstrate your controversial subject the more you'll either be ignored (hoping your thread will go away), or be lashed out against. And then of course there is FedGov's COINTELPRO operation that surely sends some agents out into a place of such prominence as ATS.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia It's an ebb and flow. Once this spiral thing dies down you'll see the cliques reform along certain lines. It's a lot like high school.

I have very little respect for your flippancy on the matter.

You're confusing verity (not 'variety') with opinion. The truth exists with or without our opinions. There is right and there is wrong.

30,000 children die unnecessarily on a daily basis as a direct result of a suppression of global resources at the hands of the aforementioned oligarchies.

It's not an ebb and flow as you've so flippantly suggested. Again, I assert, there is right and there is wrong and neither entity requires the ebb and flow of opinion.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
In the last 2 months I have noted an increase in what some call debunkers which has culminated in a lack of courtesy and downride rudeness in the posts since Thursday and the Norway spiral...

...I personally feel that we are close to a breakthrough in some realy important topics that have been raised time and time again in the last 6 months. Please remember why we joined this freedom of information movement that is ATS and let others ideas contribute to your own. Everyone has something to offer and we all have something to learn.

I completely agree. I've only been posting since September, but I have noticed people arguing over very stupid things, and others attacking members for trying to share their opinions/beliefs/facts/whatever. I'm tired of it myself, I just had someone say meaningless nonsense to me for presenting information in a thread that they didn't agree with, it's annoying and no one likes to be provoked.

And with the 2nd part I quoted from the OP, I agree with you there too. It feels like something big is going to happen, but let's not get our hopes up. It seems we tend to do that and then expect some sort of explanation for why it didn't occur... well s*** happens. Period.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos

I have very little respect for your flippancy on the matter.

Good thing i'm not worried about gaining your respect then eh?

You're confusing verity (not 'variety') with opinion. The truth exists with or without our opinions. There is right and there is wrong.

I think you are confused about what this was intended to address. It was about the general MOOD of the board. People go from hot to cold. That's just how it is. When something big happens people get heated and attack each other. It's just the nature of communities.

30,000 children die unnecessarily on a daily basis as a direct result of a suppression of global resources at the hands of the aforementioned oligarchies.

Absolutely unnecessary and has no bearing on what i said.

It's not an ebb and flow as you've so flippantly suggested. Again, I assert, there is right and there is wrong and neither entity requires the ebb and flow of opinion.

My post had NOTHING to do with essential morality.

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join