It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO Reality Show starring Richard Dolan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Night vision cameras, people with flash lights winding each other up about a light in the sky. I enjoyed UFO Hunters but this doesn't look too promising. It's Ghost Hunters but without the ghosts
Can't seem to find any real info about the show..maybe it's just a pilot right now.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Another reality show for UFO geeks. This time it seems they up the ante with more interesting characters. Got to have a cute female in there to spice up the character interaction dynamics. Sure, there won't be any real smoking gun disclosure coming out of it. It is, after all, only E-N-T-E-R-T-A-I-N-M-E-N-T. There's absolutely nothing wrong with watching this. It's like watching a Quintin Tarentino film. Lots of cool character interaction with no substance.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't understand why people are knocking this....

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think the sneak peak looked stupid. Im all for a new show to replace UFO Hunters and im sure this will be a good show but they need to have a better teaser then that. What ever happened to that show that was suppose to be on SCI-FI i think about UFO's?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Why is it that I am not surprised with your Bashing of this show. Anything ET related that you read, all you do is bash, bash, and try to discredit. Honestly, I know they are only your opinions and have absolutely no fact behind them, but man, an Extraterrestrial could smack you across the face and you would still scream fake.

No middle ground for you there buddy. Huh.... Everything is fake, lies, man made, and ET UFOs Can't exist, but yet you still manage to hang around the UFO boards in search of the truth. Why hang around here if you already know it? I say you move on to like an accounting board and talk about finance or something real. Forget the UFO boards. You are only losing intelligence points posting here. Leave this for the people whom are curious about the truth of UFOs.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by The Coward]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Dolan has written two exceptional books...with a third coming. Why he wants to take the UFO seriousness level down a notch with a TV show based on sensationalism instead of seriousness seems like a bad move. Granted he probably doesn't produce it, so someone is playing formulaic TV and copying what works somewhere else to bring in young viewers.

Hopefully they immediately get away from "bump in the night" nonsense, and go to the real science that shows that the aliens are damn more dangerous than any ghost or night vision artifact.

RV-Bob is going to help solve the UFO mystery? Good Lord, let's not get too tacky. Ha.

The chick is cute though...I'll watch her for a few episodes. I should of had Dolan sign her phone number in my book instead of his signature. LOL

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by juzchilln

Thanks for posting the "First Contact" preview, juzchilln.

I think the show will be harmless enough.

It might even get a few people interested in the UFO area, where otherwise they may not have been interested.

Let's hope that if they get interested, they find good material & don't get lost in the preponderance of rubbish out there.

I think those might be Manbird's animations - they are very good. If it is, it's good to see him get more attention to his work.

Let's just hope there's not too many "talking night-vision faces".....I think we've all seen enough of that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Why get rid of UFO Hunters if they were just going to replace it with a similar show?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Here's another write up on this new Dolan show:

www.ufomystic.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Here's her travel photos:

theblondephotographer.com...

reply to post by Atomic

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Here is the hot blonde's behind the scene take on the pilot:

reply to post by Eurisko2012

[edit on 23-1-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here's more background on the material sources:

www.robsimone.com...

video.google.com...#

reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 23-1-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Another nail in the coffin of Ufology, sad. A show that will not have any answers, no real conclusions, and only dodgy footage of idiots running around, bumping their heads, bleeping the occasional expletive and then shouting "did you see that?".

Lame. And if it does manager to snag an outsider's interest and they decide to give the subject a cursory glance on the internet they will no doubt laugh their asses off at the complete and silly nonsense that permeates the whole alien/ufo subject. Then, they are gone forever, never to return to this great subject because of that brief expireence, and we loose another valuable opportunity to gather large and positive public support.

I wish people here wouldn't support this kind of dribble, and how a better understanding of what it will take to move this subject out of the giggle factor realm.

And gee, can't you all just wait for them to re-hash the same stories OVER and OVER, the same that every other useless show does, and even if they do dig into "new" cases I guarantee that your average forum member here on ATS could school them on it, and nothing more than you alerady know will be presented. Very predictable and laughable absurd, you know it and I know.

Agree with you in almost everything.

Great post.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The Coward

Ignore the Facts can look after himself, but I'd like to point out something he probably wouldn't. ITF is very interested in UFOs! The guy has a genuine interest in the serious side of Ufology. It's easy to interpret his 'longest bad mood on ATS' posts as debunking UFOs. In reality, he's a healthy skeptic....so am I

If there was a pub/bar quiz between skeptics and believers on the subject of UFOs...skeptics would probably win by a mile

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I have known for quite some time now, about that (probably moot-and-irrelevent by now) reality TV series, starring our own Tom Cruise-of-Ufology, Richard Dolan, called 'First Contact'. I kept putting and putting annnnd putting off taking a lookysee at the preview video they made, which is viewable at places like YouTube. Yesterday------I took the plunge. Like that morbid----curiosity which makes you take in a gruesome car wreck. See, cuz I KNEW it was going to be 'Sci-Fi Investigates', only fifteen times WORSE. I saw a post'er somewhere, describe it as GhostHunters without any ghosts. All I constantly thought of, while viewing the vid, of our ageing familyvalues man and his (yet another) blonde aspiring model/actress partner with the less important background guys hovering around like the forrest creatures around SnowWhite and the Prince, groping around with each other, in a dark forrest, seeing who's ghost got ghostgoosed; Was that olde 'saying', (Are you all familiar with it?) that goes something about "They can't find their own a******s in the dark with a flashlight and both hands." I also,----paralell-ily, was having an image of people without indoor plumbing, enroute to the outhouse, in the middle of the night, with toiletpaper and a flashlight.
So after my curiosity-clobbered-the-cat(ty), I ---needed--- to finally confess to the CIA, that I had been in league with kalleed Shake Mohammed < I KNOW I misspelled that) but then I realized, that, only ---I--- caused my own torture. Dratz.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Reminds me of the show ghost hunters...

I believe South Park summed it up the best

But unfortunately I see this doing more harm than good, we need more UFO shows like "I know what I saw"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join