It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO Reality Show starring Richard Dolan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just came across this today. It's a new UFO show set to replace UFO Hunters. It's got Richard Dolan as the host, looks pretty awesome. I like how it has more of a 'Human Nature' feel to it. The special effects look a little better than UFO Hunters IMHO. Cheers

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Looks very interesting. Dolan is an awesome UFO researcher and author. Special effects look killer too. Do we know when it's debuting, and on what channel?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by juzchilln

Looks very to be informative. Another piece to expose folks to the growing ET reality.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Dolan is one of the researchers i can trust in actually being useful to the cause so i will be looking out for this..

is it on TV or the internet?

S&F!

great way of letting people that are unsure of UFO's get used to the idea.

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the link.

I used to like Richard Dolan more than I do now. Might just be from seeing him in too many conferences, but I'm sure he'll do it justice.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

It looks good. I'm sure a trip to Area 51 is on the way.
They need some good theme music.

That hot blonde should help with the ratings.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hey thanks for this! Should be on the History Channel if it is taking the place of UFO Hunters. I haven't even seen this advertized and I watch the history channel a lot! S&F from me too, great info.! This will be fun to watch, wish I could be there with them!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
There should be some more info on this show coming soon. A buddy of mine forwarded me the link. I think this is going to be on syfy, not sure.

I agree, Richard is really good. Should be a great show that will get people interested.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Richard Dolan is one of the best, if not the best UFO history researcher.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I predict that it is more than likely that the admirers of Dolan's work will like the new UFO show as, like him, they are believers who do not require facts. I do not think that we will see a balanced POV, just one sided.

I say this 'cause in the late '90s or early 2000s I communicated with Richard before he finished his research which resulted in acclaimed books. Unfortunately, at the time he didn't know that the photo of the Wash., DC UFOs over the capitol on his website was not of UFOs but of streetlamp reflections. No problem.

Then we got to talking about Roswell and without blinking he told me believed a UFO really did crash. End of communications 'cause belief in a UFO crashing near Roswell belongs in the belief department because there is no irrefutable evidence supporting it.

So it goes without saying that his beliefs are going to slant whatever is presented. And, of course, that's up most ATS members' alleys.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Another nail in the coffin of Ufology, sad. A show that will not have any answers, no real conclusions, and only dodgy footage of idiots running around, bumping their heads, bleeping the occasional expletive and then shouting "did you see that?".

Lame. And if it does manager to snag an outsider's interest and they decide to give the subject a cursory glance on the internet they will no doubt laugh their asses off at the complete and silly nonsense that permeates the whole alien/ufo subject. Then, they are gone forever, never to return to this great subject because of that brief expireence, and we loose another valuable opportunity to gather large and positive public support.

I wish people here wouldn't support this kind of dribble, and how a better understanding of what it will take to move this subject out of the giggle factor realm.

And gee, can't you all just wait for them to re-hash the same stories OVER and OVER, the same that every other useless show does, and even if they do dig into "new" cases I guarantee that your average forum member here on ATS could school them on it, and nothing more than you alerady know will be presented. Very predictable and laughable absurd, you know it and I know.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Looks great, yeah the CGI is VERY good, for a TV show thats pretty crazy! Thanx for the heads up, S&F. And damn that blond is hott.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Looks so cool. I think it's time to set up the t.v. again.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I agree with IgnoreTheFacts. This appears to be just another silly UFO Hunters style show with nothing substantial or credible to come from it. Don't expect to find any answers to this controversial subject here.

When will "researchers" learn to present this subject in a serious, professional manner instead of running around like teenagers with too much time on their hands? This is so frustrating.

An honest, scientific approach would be nice for a change.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Say it ain't so, Richard.

I have to say that I'm really disappointed that Richard Dolan would have anything to do with this show. While both volumes of UFOs and the National Security State contain a lot of unsubstantiated speculation, he generally points it out to the reader when he ventures into such stuff. And despite these forays into the less concrete aspects of the UFO phenomenon, he has tons of "good" information in his books as well and has obviously done a copious amount of solid research on the topic.

His articles, too, are well-written and make a lot of good points in general. I have considered him an above average researcher and presenter of information on UFOs, but his involvement in what appears to be a cheesy, sensationalistic TV show definitely knocks him down a peg in my estimation.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I am cautiously optimistic but I fear that this is going to be just another hyped up bunch of tripe....too bad because from what I have seen and heard Richard is one of the better UFO researchers.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This reminds me of all those ghost hunter shows that are on tv now.
Alot of Acting and no real evidence. I am keeping an open mind until i see it but I have my doubts.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
We really don't need any more of these kind of shows. They really just reinforce the notion that the UFO topic is nothing more than a source of entertainment.

What we do need is a Ken Burns-caliber documentary that seriously covers the entire phenomenon, or at least a large part of its history, and presents all of the good evidence that has never really been presented to the public, that evidence which one only learns about through taking the initiative to seek it out.

Another thing that would help would be for a billionaire or two with an interest in the topic to buy some prime time TV spots - just some one-minute segments - and present some small bites of the real evidence to the masses, the information that is out there that would convince any intelligent, open-minded person that this topic is legit. Those of you who have done your homework know the kind of information I'm talking about. The statistics a la Special Report 14 and the like, the consistency among the officially acknowledged unknowns, documents released through FOIA, the sheer number of consistent descriptions by credible witnesses, etc.

If you have time, check out the page I'm putting together at www.myspace.com/ufoeducation to get a sense of the kind of educational "commercials" I'm talking about. I've put together a few prototype videos of the kind I would like to see on NBC in between segments of whatever is on at 8 or 9 p.m. As I've rewatched these vids, I've noticed some flaws in the presentation and such, and some of the videos are better than others, but I would like to get some feedback on whether people think this kind of thing would be effective at all. I think it would be. I'd appreciate any suggestions or tips you could offer regarding how to make these videos better or information that would be good to cover in short presentations like this.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hope it's not crap, but can't they have the blond take off her shades when she's shooting pictures?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333
This reminds me of all those ghost hunter shows that are on tv now.
Alot of Acting and no real evidence. I am keeping an open mind until i see it but I have my doubts.

Thats what I was about to say, it looks more like ghost hunter to me. However Im still goin to watch because Im curious, but its another typical show that doesnt have no evidence at the end of the day

So when its goin to air on tv?

[edit on 28-12-2009 by sam_inc]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join