It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair admits: I would have invaded Iraq anyway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Tony Blair admits: I would have invaded Iraq anyway

www.guardian.co.uk

Now Blair appears to be openly admitting that evidence of WMD – the purpose behind the now discredited weapons dossier he ordered to be published with the help of MI6 and Whitehall's joint intelligence committee – was not needed to invade Iraq, and he could have found other arguments to justify it.

Blair did say in a speech to Labour party conference in 2004, over a year after the invasion: "I can apologise for the information [about WMDs] that turned out to be wrong, but I can't, sincerely at least, apologise for removing Saddam.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Oh, but of course you would have, b-LIAR.

Since pretty much everybody on the planet now knows you war-mongering, special-interest serving puppets had agendas to be met and served. "Removing Saddam" and finding imaginary WMDs being the least of them.

Nice that after the death of several thousand soldiers and tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians, you can just so nonchalantly admit how you would play around with mass suffering and death to do as you please.

This guy should be hauled up before the hague and locked away for multiple life sentences for crimes against humanity.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

WMDs weren't the only plausible reasons at the time, so I'm not surprised he has said this. It should be no surprise to anyone else either.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Yes its a total disgrace imo. Clearly he is a bare faced liar, who conned the UK parliament into voting for going to war with Iraq based on false information.

The Chilcot enquiry is showing us that Blair knew in advance that wmd's did not exist. This was the prime reason given for taking action.

I think I'm right in saying that it is illegal to attack another country unless they are a threat to you or others around.

Hence the action Blair took was illegal and he should be tried as a war criminal.

Of course he is a lawyer so no doubt will be able to squirm out of it.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Why is this poodle still given a public stage to open his mouth is beyond me.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The arrogance of the man is unbelievable. there are plenty of tyrants around the world, you cant just invade a country because you don't like the leader. anyway, wasn't there a no-fly zone in effect in Iraq, pretty much keeping Saddam in check.

Blair should stand trial for War crimes, but he wont.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
edit double post

[edit on 12-12-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Tony Blair should be held personally responsible for the death of every British services member in Iraq (and Afghanistan). It would sure be good to see him jailed for the rest of his days and all assets forfeited and used to care for those who have returned home maimed.

I said he was a lying sack of poop before we went into Iraq and have always maintained that stance.... and I and many many others who felt the same were right. No amount of telling us all what a nasty piece of work Saddam was is relevent - Iraq was not a threat to the UK and removing him was not our business. Tony Blair is a liar and a traitor to this country - he even bailed on the country to pursue personal profit.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What a bare faced liar this little man is,he is on record saying that if saddam gave up his WMD he could still be president.This war on terror is bogus,if they realy were fighting us then why dont they target Alistair Cambel and other soft targets who bullied the media and public servents to further their agenda!

These rancid people lied to us all,and so many deaths are a result of this

Seeing as this is ATS I would like to say that I hope that when 1st contact with aliens comes they step out of their exotic craft clutching the Koran and praising allah-just to see Blair,Bush and crew sweat!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I personally do not are for his admission, but how religious people view him is something that really irritates me. The man is responsible for how many deaths, and some how he is a peace envoy and loved by religious leaders.

The irony of this world knows no bounds, and people like him know they get away with murder.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The REAL irony is the fact he was made middle east envoy to the UN.

And of course, has been conspicuous by his absence - unless there's a couple of quid in it for him.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Seeing as this is ATS I would like to say that I hope that when 1st contact with aliens comes they step out of their exotic craft clutching the Koran and praising allah-just to see Blair,Bush and crew sweat!

I would hope aliens are way too advanced for any human religion.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

"I would still have thought it right to remove him (Saddam Hussein). Obviously you would have had to use and deploy different arguments, about the nature of the threat," he said.
Blair misled UK over Iraq war: ex-DPP

Who thinks Tony's gonna spill the beans?

- and when aRe the gonna they gonna ring Bush?

top topics

join