It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why most pilots don't talk about ufos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

There is a publication called JANAP 146 E that had a section that says you will not reveal any information regarding the UFO phenomenon under penalty of $10,000.00 fine and ten years in jail.

I'm almost positive 90% of pilots have had a ufo experience but won't talk about it because of this. That's why you only hear retired pilots talking about ufos. I'm sure nasa has a similar gag order, it's unfortunate.

ufology.wikia.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
That does not explain why foreign pilots don't talk about UFOs they see on the US.

PS: although it may be an older version, you can read it here.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm wondering. Maybe most pilots don't talk about ufo's cause maybe most pilots never seen a UFO?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tzsephanyahu
I'm wondering. Maybe most pilots don't talk about ufo's cause maybe most pilots never seen a UFO?

Generally speaking, they don't usually make laws for events that don't happen. Ie: There is no law stating you cannot fly a plane with a fork in your eye. True, there are laws stating that you cannot fly when physically unable to do so, but nothing about a fork in your eye.

I think that any person who cannot comprehend that the vastness of space it teeming with different forms of life is truly living with their head in the sand. 200 years ago, we had zero technology, today it's everywhere. To expect that other life in the billions of years past have no technology, or ability to travel is naive at best.

..Ex

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tzsephanyahu

why would there be a gag order if they never see ufos.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
There is nothing in JANAP 146 regarding penalties of any sort.
www.nsa.gov...
The purpose of the document is (was) to explain how to report any sightings which may affect national security.

(a) Single aircraft or formations of aircraft which
appear to be directed against the United States
or Canada or their forces.
(b) Missiles.
(c) Unidentified flying objects.
(d) Hostile or unidentified submarines.
(e) Hostile or unidentified group or groups of
military surface vessels.
(f) Individual surface vessels, submarines, or aircraft
of unconventional design, or engaged in suspicious
activity or observed in an unusual location or
following an unusual course.
(g) Unlisted airfields or facilities, weather stations,
or air navigation aids.
(h) Any unexplained or unusual activity which may
indicate a possible attack against or through
Canada or the United States, including the
presence of any unidentified or other suspicious
ground parties in the Polar region or other remote
or sparsely populated areas.

[edit on 12/12/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
There is nothing in JANAP 146 regarding penalties of any sort.
www.nsa.gov...

-whap-

Move this to the hoax forum asap!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think there are several reasons for so few actually comming forth with info reguarding UFO sightnings.

1.: There might be a clausul in all contracts regarding UFO sightings.

2.: Reporting a UFO sighting might cause the pilot to be set under psychic evaulation, wich will also lead to temp. witrawl of flight certificate.

3.: Airline does not want unwanted attraction, thus removing pilot from future roosters, squeesing him out of the company.

4.: Goverment coverup....

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I think unexplained or unusual activity like it says at the bottom of the paragraph would count as a ufo.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

So would item C.
But there are no penalties listed in the document.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If seeing UFO's was such a common occurence for pilots, then why would the millions of passengers who travel by air every year not be seeing them aswell?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Good topic. But also theres the basic 'common sense' notion of the pilots career. Would anyone in this day and age want to fly with a pilot who claims to have seen a UFO in close proximity? What would be the implications of the company they may work for?
Although then you've got to take into consideration the independent pilots who have their own private planes. Using this sort of basic reasoning, it would be most likely that they'd come forward about what they seen more than anyone else. But theres no way to be sure. Also you get storys such as the 29th of June 1954 - British overseas flight from New York to London where the pilot (James Howard) the crew and the passengers saw a 6 Ufo's that later converged into a larger object then suddenly dissapeard from viwe. He was later interviwed by the USAF, and as far as i gather he was not fined or anything. Although nowa-days your more likely to be rediculed more than anything, and it would depend on the pilots morality on wether they'd have the courage to speak up about what they saw.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Although it does seem that more and more are willing to talk about sightings now I think the main reason for silence as either been:

A) The sightings occurred during a military flight and thus were classified.

OR

B) The fear of ridicule from your profession, which I think is probably the more common of the two reasons. From what I have researched a lot of pilots just don't talk about it and refuse to report it for that very reason. They don't want to be the "guy who saw the UFO while flying his 747". Plus that probably doesn't look too good on resumes.

[edit on 12/12/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

SECTION III - SECURITY 208. Military and Civilian. Transmission of CIRVIS reports are subject to the U.S. Communications Act of 1934, as amended, and the Canadian Radio Act of 1938, as amended. Any person who violates the provisions of these acts may be liable to prosecution thereunder. These reports contain information affecting the national defense of the United States and Canada. Any person who makes an unauthorized transmission or disclosure of such a report may be liable to prosecution under Title 18 of the US Code 793, Chapter 37, or the Canadian Official Secrets [|] Act of 1939, as amended. This should not be construed as requiring classification of CIRVIS [|] messages. The purpose is to emphasize the necessity for the handling of such information within official channels only.

Explain please.

reply to post by '___'omino

Hold on their little fella.

[edit on 12/12/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That kind oif thing has to change. Pilots especially should be encouraged to talk about UFOs. People would take them more seriously. Some pilots are talking about sightings (ones who are still employed).

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
B) The fear of ridicule from your profession, which I think is probably the more common of the two reasons. From what I have researched a lot of pilots just don't talk about it and refuse to report it for that very reason. They don't want to be the "guy who saw the UFO while flying his 747". Plus that probably doesn't look to good on resumes.

That's a good reason for explaining that there aren't many retired civilian pilots talking about their sightings, although people usually stop worrying about ridicule with age..

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
We were sitting around my girl friends fireplace last Christmas, drinking mulled wine and chilling out.

My girlfriend's niece is married to a UAL Pilot hub base in Chicago.

He has seen three UFO's and he says they were like nothing we or the Russians could have with our known technology at present.

the first incident, involved two UFO's together, he witnessed, they "popped" in as if from another dimension. One minute nothing, the next minute poof they just appeared. He says they were bright sphere orbs. Those were the "small ones" each about as big as a Walmart. They had to have shown upon radar.

His copilot also saw them but said, "I like my career to much to even think about reporting this, don't think about making trouble".

Another time, one came gliding in from above and was absolutely hugh - bigger than a football field. Others (copilot & several passengers) also saw and commented on it at the time, but when the plane landed - everyone kept quiet, including the passengers kept silent. No one reported this - no one.

He didn't even report them - Doesn't want to get fired, or lose his job.

"Norm" (not real name) is a very intellegent, rational young man, not one given to fantasy. But he claims he has, in the six years he has been a pilot seen three UFO's.

Maybe it's advance US Military, who knows?

[edit on 12-12-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-DNA
That kind oif thing has to change. Pilots especially should be encouraged to talk about UFOs. People would take them more seriously. Some pilots are talking about sightings (ones who are still employed).

Unfortunately this isn't going to happen until respected, credible individuals start making a big deal about these things. Right now ufology is limited to a very small private sector still considered "fringe", and it isn't being helped by all the 'entrepreneurs' trying to make money off of people who believe (ie; Wilcox, Icke, Goodchild, etc). For ufology to become serious, serious people must become interested in it.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hi! People are seeing sightings all the time, no one talks publicly about what they saw, some social stigma thing. I saw a 3-4 second sighting in April 2009 after putting my son on the bus, and while walking the dog. I mentioned this to my neighbor at the end of October 2009. She said she saw one while driving across the Lake Murray dam in SC. She said she forgot about seeing it for a while. Weird? She mentioned the sighting later to her friend, when her friend said she saw a UFO near a bridge in SC.

Eighteen years ago, at a gourmet dinner club night with my mother's friends, a pilot was there. In Ohio. I asked him if he ever saw any thing weird. He said once or twice, I can't remember what he said....that was eighteen years ago. Our culture is messed up, no one tells the truth, and when the truth is told you're labeled wacko. I think most people need stability and do not have broad intellectual minds....it really is alot to take in. Too much reality. I think looking at the crop circles changes a person's brain. You can actually feel it happening to yourself. In a way it's frustrating no knowing what and why.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Edgar Mitchel is a great example. Retired and talking about aliens all the time. Though some think he might be crazy, I'm sure it's just the skeptics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join