It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why even "God?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Why does the creator have to be called God for? Man gives the creator that God name and definition...

God- A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.

But what if the creator doesnt go by God actually because it is not God by definition? Why does the creator have to be either good or evil? You and me are not all good or all evil, but are whatever we feel to be how suitable in our situation of being by what is called individuality. Why isnt the creator just a better off individual instead of perfect or omniscient?

If the creator were perfect, then why is there both good and evil instead of just good or instead of just evil to be perfect about it? If the creator were omniscient, then it would also be for ever experiencing the torment of the damned in, say, the damnation of hell it created. Ha! So surely the creator is not God. To me, the creator is just Who since it is obviously an individual not bound by good or evil as if it were of some circomstance. You guys make out the creator to be of a circumstance without even realizing it, you know? Think on it and you'll see what I mean.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
All of these "God" threads, they confuse me. Man created God, man created Religion, yes all of them.

In the beginning, man created "God" to explain the unexplainable.
Man created "God" to control. To control the actions of people.
Man created "Religion" in order to amass a great fortune in gold and land.

Science now explains what was once unexplainable and attributed to "God"
Government now controls the actions of people, and
1% of our "choicest" individuals control 95% of all wealth.

You are in control of your own destiny, you control your own life and you are responsible for what you have, or have not.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhetoric

Your desitny is shared always has always will be.

God is a lack of understanding of a method of creation.

its that simple..

God is a METHOD not a person

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
There are many gods but only one creator.

Are you implying that the existence of "evil" means that the creator is "imperfect"?

IMHO God and Satan, aka ultimate force of good and ultimate force of evil, are actually the same person, thus the reason for the existence of both forces. If they were separate entities, one would have taken over the other long ago and there would only be one or the other in existence right now.

Evil is just as important to the creator's creation as good is. It is all perfect.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
GOD =

G ood
O rderly
D irection

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Ha! So surely the creator is not God.

Really? That's quite a statement you made there.

If the creator were omniscient, then it would also be for ever experiencing the torment of the damned in, say, the damnation of hell it created.

Actually, that makes sense, in a twisted churchianity way.

Psalms 139:8 KJV
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Read the threads on "hell" before you say that. Its not as if they are hard to find.
Quite a few have shown that there is no "hell" to go to. That doctrine has done a lot of damage.

To me, the creator is just Who since it is obviously an individual not bound by good or evil as if it were of some circomstance.

Fair enough. You have a right to your opinion.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

But what if the creator doesnt go by God actually because it is not God by definition? Why does the creator have to be either good or evil? You and me are not all good or all evil, but are whatever we feel to be how suitable in our situation of being by what is called individuality. Why isnt the creator just a better off individual instead of perfect or omniscient?

Religion has done a great job of distorting the true nature of the creator, you can say.

From a mystic point of view, the creator goal is to know itself as creator and experience infinite possibilities. To accomplish this the one creator split himself down infinitely to know itself as creator and experience infinite possibilities of reality, whether a being choose the dark path or light path, they are fulfilling the creator goal of knowing itself as creator and experiencing one of infinite possibilities of experiencing reality.

All in All the creator is objective in nature, he doesn't blink at the dark or the light since taking either path is fulfilling the creator goal of knowing itself as creator.

top topics

join