It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So this Labour Government can find £500m to fund climate pledge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So this Labour Government can find £500m to fund a climate pledge despite the fact that this week in the pre budget statement, we will need to borrow as a country £176bn and can expect to have less money in our pockets due to amongst others, VAT back to 17.5% and 0.5 increase in National Insurance.

I would rather the Government give us the people the opportunity to decide what we spend taxes on when we are so much in debt.

Right now, I care nothing about helping developing nations adapt to climate change, when my country is facing serious fiscal issues and I am being expected to live on less to fund this.

I would rather this Government say NO to this and make the commitment to spend this money to provide better services in the UK.

Look at this Story.

What could £500m have done if invested in our health service?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

I whole heartedly agree. Clearly something is amiss since they are pushing forward despite all the CRU climate data being rigged so they can push there agendas.

Personally, I dont think we should be handing any money over or even considering this climate issue until another lengthy study is done.

Dont get me wrong I am all for cleaning our environment up and causing less pollution but I have serious doubts that CO2 is the big problem. Specially when they fudge the figures to show what they want.

Seem to me that the environment is the last thing they are worrying about, its an elaborate scam they are trying to get away with to line the banks pockets. Haven't they robbed us enough allready?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

excellent points. the country is broke and we find all this money to fund the global warming cause.

Money laundering anyone, and will the 3rd world really benefit?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

The 3rd world certainly will not benefit, that recent document that was leaked. I think it shows the scam even more really

www.guardian.co.uk...

I read somewhere that the 3rd world is allready suffering from the change that have caused serious increase of food prices. I will try and remember the article and add it. Will have to rack the old brain lol.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I wonder if this £500m is new funding or is this pledge being funded by talking funding from other parts of the climate budget or even worst, other parts of national spending.

I see that the PM has announced funding to reduce the impact of IEDs in Afganistan over 3 years but this funding will have to come from reducing spending in other parts of the military budget.

top topics

join