It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good cop, bad cop?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Many of you may see France, Germany and Russia as opposing the current war and with good reason due to their seemingly reticent attitude in recent weeks to war. However all of this seems to me to be a carefully orchestrated plan by the worlds leaders who seem to want play good cop bad cop with Saddam Hussein.

All of the worlds leaders will recognise the threat that a person such as Saddam poses to all of them, and I doubt one of them wants him to remain in power. France, Germany and Russia are on the one side drawing out Saddam and his officials by seeming to give him time and America and Britain by putting up overwhelming force give Saddam pause to think carefully about his position and his generals to think of over throwing him.

I would not be surprised if a second resolution is passed soon to action assault in the case of Saddams continuing disobedience to international policy.

The position of France, Germany and Russia is as much of front as Saddam saying he does n`t have WMD.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It seems to me that it takes small minds to use such small ideas on such a grand scale...

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I think you hit the nail on the head there MD.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by grunt_ignited
I think you hit the nail on the head there MD.

If I'm referring to a situation that should be *painfully* obvious, I usually say, "Hit the nail on the *thumb*"...

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
whoops i read your post wrong. I seriously doubt that all these world leaders would work together. The world isn't a happy little place where everyone gets along. The French are greedy little weasels that are only in it for themselves.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's a dam shame that the French forget that if it weren�t for them in the Second World War, we would have pictures of 'Dein Fuerer' in our living rooms. Germans are scared of international public opinion on what the rest of the world would think of them if they got involved in another war!
The Russians? They�re just opposing to show that they still have that little bit of power left in the international eye

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Those 80 German companies were involved in supporting Iraq development of WMD. It means that basically Germanys entire military/industrial complex was geared to support Iraq. France is in all probably in serious economic problems if it does nothing to interfere with the war against Iraq. This probably has something to do with the trade of items, which were allowed by the UN. The funny thing is the EU's development was supposed to turn Europe into one economic body. It plain for all to see that this in reality did not occur (and that hurts the efficacy of the EU, which by the way is the fault of the French government).

In relation to Russia, my impression is that their position is akin to that of Marilyn Monroe. This when she stood under the Subway vent and her skirt when all the way up. But in this case this was not something the Russian Republic had planed for.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   
there is often a lot more to any given situation than is immediately obvious. we on the outside of the high echelons of power have a limited knowledge of a situation which is spoon fed to us by the press and governmentswe are never given the whole situation nor should we be. By keeping their cards close to their chests world leaders may accomplish more than if we were told what was going on as this would inevitabley give the game away.

I still believe that a much higher degree of co-operation to resolve this issue exists than you are being told.

Oh and for people seeking to blame an individual country for the selling of arms to Iraq you should remember it is not just one place to blame but the whole global industrial complex.

"The funny thing is the EU's development was supposed to turn Europe into one economic body. It plain for all to see that this in reality did not occur"

this I would say to you is a work in progress and the EU will end up being one econonmic body. The processes are on going and to say that this did not happen is to misunderstand the way it is being set up. You can not bring countries together economically overnight and it will probably be a few more years before it happens but happen it will.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
actually hit it right on the head, hehe...

new topics

top topics

join