It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A GREAT HORROR MOVIE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If you haven't seen this one, it's a good Saturday night horror.

www.animationlibrary.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/> "...the world is spinning. When it stops, it's just beginning."

One of my favorite movies is "Session 9".
I like how the intro to the movie starts. The sound of drops of something. The room with the chair upside down, turning slowly right side up.

My favorite part is the end, when the Doc asks, "And where do you live Simon?"

"I live in the weak and the wounded...Doc".

Time for your lobotomy.

www.danvers-state-ia.com...

Surrounding graveyards from past patients who died. These people were forgotten about in life and in death and are left with a number for their memory.

www.micktravels.com...

[Edited on 5/22/2004 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I remember that film, it was really great. Totally underrated--as scary (if not more) than the Blair Witch Project, though similar.

I'd comment more about it, but I don't want to give away the ending.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Must say that I was actually disappointed with it as it just seemed like the rehash of ideas seen in other movies.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Never seen that movie.

One of the scariest moves I ever saw was the original Evil Dead.
That was before they turned it into a comedy with the rest of them. Which were good, but the original Evil Dead was creepy.

The Blair Witch Project was great! I loved that movie, even though a lot of people didnt, I thought it was a masterpiece in how it was done. Caused a lot of people to search out if it was real or not...LOL Me included. You know its good if you have to go look into it. I can still scare the daylights out of my kids by pointing to the woods across the street and going OMG!!! Its the Blair Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!!!

lol I also told them that there was people under the stairs that would eat them if they went down into the basement to keep them out...

Mwahaha.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Good discussion started here and thanks for the recomedation about 'Session 9'. i'l keep an eye out for it in the shops etc

The film that pops into my head is John Carpenter's 'The Thing'.

Am i right in saying they are going to remake it? am sure i heard that from somewhere

Liked the Blair Witch too

Rynaldo

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Never saw "Session 9" but The Thing is awesome. (the PC game is awesome too, pretty creepy)

The Blair Witch got a little boring but the ending was good. Overall very original and interesting.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
How was Session 9 in relation to the exorcist or the ring. Or in relation to the japanese version of the ring.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Websurfer,
Session 9 is kind of like the Exorcist because it deals with possession--but it is a very very subtle and scary possession. There is some very creepy visuals in it that remind me of The Ring.

Session 9 starts out slow, and you really are lulled into thinking nothing is going to happen. But the ending is really scary & nihilistic.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I've seen this film i vaguely remeber it not sayiong it was rubbish it was a mind boggling movie yeah but not 1 of my favs.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'll have to check it out.....one of my faves is the original poster's origin for the name....(Samara).... The Ring...

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
How was Session 9 in relation to the exorcist or the ring. Or in relation to the japanese version of the ring.

Excellent question! By the way my other favorite movie. The Ring. I also loved that it started from the Japanese version. I love the Japanese version. The two are so similar and so different at the same time. In the Japanese version the father kills the daughter, and in the Western version the mother kills the daughter. So in other words the parents together killed the child. The child was supernaturally special and didn't fit in this earthly realm. She still needed help with her abilities and she needed love and understanding. Neither of which she received.
Instead she was always second news to the parents where it came to interests. Theirs were always self-interest. Where the child should take first notice since they are the icing to the cake and besides need lots of maturity and responsibility to care for.
Such as in the Exorcist. The child was not the main focus of the ladies life. Therefore the child feeling unloved and abandoned stumbled upon the bad spirits in her amusing herself alone with the Ouija board.
These movies are similar. But not Session 9. That one is about fallen spirits yes, at the same time ... A LOT more. There is so much to do with stress in this movie. Stressing the human sins generally.

One of the reasons I really liked Session 9 and both The Ring's is because there are no sex or barf scenes. Hehehee. Excellent execution to the directors!

top topics

join