It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Follow the 100.000 ppl COP15 demonstration in Denmark LIVE

page: 8
43
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Latest news:

Demonstrants wants to go to the prison where most of those 400 demonstrant are beeing held.




posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nethawk
Again, I fail to understand why there are protesters to begin with. Don't the protesters realize that their agenda for climate action and legislation is EXACTLY what is being presented and debated on the inside? I mean, this is the first time in history where activists and the govts share the same aspirations.



Originally posted by SalkinVictory
I just saw 2 signs that said:

Change The Politics - Not Climate.

And another saying:

Planet, NOT Profit.

So you see that people have wide-spread opinions.


How are these "wide-spread" opinions lol? They're all saying the same thing.

You know it's statements like these that show exactly how many of you Global Warming deniers can't see the forest for the trees. These people are all protesting the politics involved, not whether AGW is a hoax.

They believe AGW is real and they want world governments to put the interests of the planet first. They feel politics and economics are exploiting this REAL problem instead of fixing it.

And they are right on both counts.

Just because there's people trying to exploit Global Warming doesn't mean the whole thing is a hoax. Big pharmaceutical companies make criminal profits off of cancer drugs, does that mean cancer is a hoax too?

It's amazing how many of you guys just can't learn to separate the two.



posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
I am absolutely disgusted by the police response.

When common people cannot voice their opinions and are confronted by terrorism, when their rights to assemble and protest the wrongful decisions of their governments, are breached, when they are denied the opportunity to help in making positive change or voice their concerns and are overcome by forces carrying automatic weapons, when the governments who allegedly work for the people refuse to hear the people or outright ignore them, I think it's time the people considered making the playing field more equal.


I agree, this sucks that they're treated like this. But like someone else said, most of the people are those Black Bloc nutjobs. They hijack every good protest and start throwing objects through storefronts owned by private citizens and generally being disruptive. The damn anarchists have to come out and destroy every legitimate protest in every city. These are the same people that tore up all that private property at the g20 protests because "everything should belong to everyone". They're very retroactive. They get frustrated and instead of attacking the establishment, they destroy property owned by the citizenry. Bunch of silly teenagers with no respect for anything except their own ideals if you ask me. Legit protesters need to band together and keep these people out since they do nothing but create bad PR.



posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 222938

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
I am absolutely disgusted by the police response.

When common people cannot voice their opinions and are confronted by terrorism, when their rights to assemble and protest the wrongful decisions of their governments, are breached, when they are denied the opportunity to help in making positive change or voice their concerns and are overcome by forces carrying automatic weapons, when the governments who allegedly work for the people refuse to hear the people or outright ignore them, I think it's time the people considered making the playing field more equal.


I agree, this sucks that they're treated like this. But like someone else said, most of the people are those Black Bloc nutjobs. They hijack every good protest and start throwing objects through storefronts owned by private citizens and generally being disruptive. The damn anarchists have to come out and destroy every legitimate protest in every city. These are the same people that tore up all that private property at the g20 protests because "everything should belong to everyone". They're very retroactive. They get frustrated and instead of attacking the establishment, they destroy property owned by the citizenry. Bunch of silly teenagers with no respect for anything except their own ideals if you ask me. Legit protesters need to band together and keep these people out since they do nothing but create bad PR.


I also agree that the nutbars, arsholes and crazed anarchists have to be kept out of these things. It's a shame we can't spot them easily and send them to a field someplace to protest. My point is however, that a time is coming when we all may be deemed crazied anarchists by our governments for not agreeing with their corrupt, deranged and detrimental policies. As far as AGW goes, I have examined I think pretty much all the available science and theories and have come to the conclusion that AGW is bulls**t. There are at least 31,000 other scientists that believe the same, so, the banksters and politicians are using the fraudulent platform of AGW as a polarizing lever, much the same way they did with Mandela. This is Hegelian Dialectics 101. The politics and corporatization of the fraudulent AGW process is what I see as the problem, one world governance as outlined in the UNFCCC will not fix the problem, it will exacerbate it. In the end as the UN stated in its past reports, we need a human population of 6.5 billion peasants or a population reduction down to 500 million. The threat of AGW and one world governance accomplishes the former and then finalizes the process with the latter. I agree that we need alternative greener energy sources and to phase out fossil fuels to allow the planet to take care of itself. What I have issue with is these political wankers riding on the back of fraudulent science and false hope to achieve an end goal that will produce a totalitarian corporate government and the eventual culling of the masses. BTW, Mussolini actually "coined" the term corporatism, meaning corporate fascism.

For evil to succeed, good men need only to do nothing. But, major problems, even alternative energy, can be fixed with the right people and the correct amount of capital ;-)

Cheers - Dave

[edit on 12/12.2009 by bobs_uruncle]



posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The Fox live stream just went offline and seems to be the last of it. The cops were hanging around patting eachother on the backs packing up before it stopped.

Excellent work to all who contributed to documenting these all important historical events, and keep your heads up. There will be more going on up to next weekend.



posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I heard on the BBC just 10 minutes ago that Media reports were confirming what I was suspecting. People collapsing due to the withstraints cutting off circulation around their bodies, aswell as fatigue and some succumbing to hypothermia.
Also mentions of the Summit Talks being abandoned due to this, as the talks are going nowhere.



posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This is just retarded.

As usual the left wing activists are screaming for attention.

Compare this to the united states: They are prostesting right outsie our "white house" - police are not using lethal force, and let the preotest go on.

People are coming over our borders in hoards to wreak havoc and protest what? that the big countries for once are talking about what to do about the climate?

I'm an extreme left-wing Dane myself, but i just find this retarded. I consider myself an environmental activist when i go pick up trash in nature, not when yelling at a politician.

Can't wait to hear about how many millions worth of damage has been done that us taxpayers have to pay for. Thanks alot A-holes

It's climate being discussed, not NWO - And it's a good thing, and a first, but yet someone needs to throw bricks at stuff. God damn.



posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I am guessing the feed is gone now, are there any links to you tube videos of this event? If not now, I am sure there will be soon enough.



posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared
 


Why is it the GW crowd can not comment without lying. I don't know anyone that denies climate change occurs. It has occurred since the beginning of time.

The argument is over the cause and those who are lying so they can empty our pockets using data they admit was fabricated. They are liars and those who defend them are equally liars.

The sad part of this is, if they succeed, all of you that support them will be thrown under the bus with the rest of us. You don't think they will share the billions and eventually trillions they pocket?



posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   


How to translate that - policeman said to Swedish TV that they have arrested for a preventive reason !

Danemark is now a preventive democraty to arrest young people like that.
I'm waiting for more info but this young boy and girl don't look like rioters
Are they too young to protest ?



posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555
 


Blaine, you're so right. It's cringeworthy watching these protestors inadvertently pushing the agenda of those on the inside who want them enslaved. I feel like saying 'you couldn't make this up', but of course we know they already have.

And MC I don't really understand your beef, it seems like you don't understand the big picture.



posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Here are some youtube collections:

first a collection from activists and their actions today:
www.youtube.com...

here we have highlights from today:
www.youtube.com...

Streaming will start again tomorrow



posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
good stuff the Nazi's look like their ready to start beatings anytime stay safe have fun. FYI check out the back of the yellow jackets on them they have their little Illuminati triangles on the police jackets

[edit on 12-12-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]


90% of the protesters there are NOT protesting the summit.. they are protesting Climate Change. As in, they are there protesting IN SUPPORT of the treaty. I was just watching CNN interviewing random people and most were calling for "legal binding treaty" to be signed.

These are the same ignorant commies that support a one world government because their masters duped them into believing in global warming..

If the police beat them I would only laugh .. its akin to a dog owner hitting his own dog..

for the past two years I have been in awe of the incredible STUPIDITY of "green" protesters.. which seem to show up to everything, climate related or not.



posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Latest news:

A lot of common people were among those around 400 arrested today.

And now they are starting to tell their story to the danish media.

In short are det danish police critisised for arresting so many innocent people, when only about 12-15 originally were the ones who made the trouble (throwing bricks and stones and smashing windows) and with that having the innocent people sitting on the cold ground for hours...



posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
indymedia.dk...



The police's press office reports that those arrested today are between 700-900 people - See Aerial Twitpic. See CJA Press Release



posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by K-Raz
This is just retarded.

As usual the left wing activists are screaming for attention.

Compare this to the united states: They are prostesting right outsie our "white house" - police are not using lethal force, and let the preotest go on.

People are coming over our borders in hoards to wreak havoc and protest what? that the big countries for once are talking about what to do about the climate?

I'm an extreme left-wing Dane myself, but i just find this retarded. I consider myself an environmental activist when i go pick up trash in nature, not when yelling at a politician.

Can't wait to hear about how many millions worth of damage has been done that us taxpayers have to pay for. Thanks alot A-holes

It's climate being discussed, not NWO - And it's a good thing, and a first, but yet someone needs to throw bricks at stuff. God damn.


Have you been living in a cave or under a rock? If the UN wanted to focus on the alleged AGW, then the treaty would be a co-operative between sovereign nations. There would not be clauses for global governance, global tax collection, global reparations and financial equalization or global enforcement of the treaty and tax collection.

In the second case, the MSM, if this were a real issue would be providing adequate and equal air time to both sides of the argument. This is not the case, the MSM actually suppress alternate/real information. There is an agenda whenever information is steered and spun this way and it isn't a pretty one.

If it looks like a pig, walks like a pig and smells like a pig, it's not a supermodel, it's a pig. We don't need a committee of politicians to determine that.

Cheers - Dave



posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hey, take a look at the most recent guy posting on the facebook link.

What the hell, I wonder if its President Barry Soetoro.


ekstrabladet.tv



posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spookfish
 


spookfish - I'm really sick of having to repeat myself all the time around here so I'm just going to point you to the thread where I already explained my "beef": www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't think I can explain it any more clearly than I did there so please have a look through and maybe you will see how you are actually the one who can't see the big picture, ok?



But to sum it up for you and blaine and everyone else on here apparently "confused" by this protest:

(I can't stress the first point enough)

- YOU ARE ALREADY ENSLAVED.

- The people who have you enslaved are the Corporatists - they are the real NWO.
- They already have unlimited access to your money every day - they do not need some stupid carbon scam to get any more!
- Since they already have you enslaved - their interest is in preserving the system they have in place - to KEEP the status quo, not change it.
- Because of this AGW is a much bigger threat to them NOT YOU.
- Why? Because taking real action against AGW allows people to finally figure this all out - to see how much more they need you rather than you need them. It allows people to wake up and realize just how much power they have in their own hands to finally change things for the better.
- So it gives everyone the opportunity to actually break free from the system NOT become "enslaved" by it.
- This is exactly why the corporate propagandists are trying to convince you it's all a hoax because they don't want you to figure this out!

As far as this protest goes:

- Some of the corporatists and world elite have already seen the writing on the wall, they know something has to be done and they know change is coming.
- So instead of denying it they are now instead jumping on the bandwagon and trying to manipulate the issue so it serves their interests first.

- These people are protesting to remind everyone that change needs to happen for the planet's sake and for our sake, not theirs!


But the "big picture" is that man-made global warming is a REAL problem. Virtually all of the myths about it being a hoax can be debunked if you guys would just stop reading all the SCREAMING idiot headlines around here and learn to read the fine-print instead. I recommend starting with Peter Sinclair's latest Youtube triumph and work your way back.


But it is real - so stop feeding all the propaganda of the corporate/NWO agenda that it is not. Basically - if you want to raise a stink with the policies on the table - that's all well and good, but quit throwing the baby out with the bathwater in the process.

Learn to pick your battles in the right direction and fight the real enemy just like these protesters are doing.



posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared

Originally posted by nethawk
Again, I fail to understand why there are protesters to begin with. Don't the protesters realize that their agenda for climate action and legislation is EXACTLY what is being presented and debated on the inside? I mean, this is the first time in history where activists and the govts share the same aspirations.



Originally posted by SalkinVictory
I just saw 2 signs that said:

Change The Politics - Not Climate.

And another saying:

Planet, NOT Profit.

So you see that people have wide-spread opinions.


How are these "wide-spread" opinions lol? They're all saying the same thing.

You know it's statements like these that show exactly how many of you Global Warming deniers can't see the forest for the trees. These people are all protesting the politics involved, not whether AGW is a hoax.

They believe AGW is real and they want world governments to put the interests of the planet first. They feel politics and economics are exploiting this REAL problem instead of fixing it.

And they are right on both counts.

Just because there's people trying to exploit Global Warming doesn't mean the whole thing is a hoax. Big pharmaceutical companies make criminal profits off of cancer drugs, does that mean cancer is a hoax too?

It's amazing how many of you guys just can't learn to separate the two.


What are you talking about?

I'm here giving you my opinion. If you read all of my posts you would see that I was answering people that thought they had one opinion, and another thought another opinion.

I'm just saying that it's impossible to say that the demonstrators have ONE opinion. The crowd was massive and people joined for different reasons.

Some joined because they wanted to see change, and they want the world leaders to TAKE A DECISION and make an agreement between eachother. (Some believe it's Co2, Most of them actually).

Then there are others that believe it's all economical and all about money.

Others believe it's just all lies.

I would say those are wide-spread opinions.



posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by K-Raz
This is just retarded.

As usual the left wing activists are screaming for attention.

Compare this to the united states: They are prostesting right outsie our "white house" - police are not using lethal force, and let the preotest go on.

People are coming over our borders in hoards to wreak havoc and protest what? that the big countries for once are talking about what to do about the climate?

I'm an extreme left-wing Dane myself, but i just find this retarded. I consider myself an environmental activist when i go pick up trash in nature, not when yelling at a politician.

Can't wait to hear about how many millions worth of damage has been done that us taxpayers have to pay for. Thanks alot A-holes

It's climate being discussed, not NWO - And it's a good thing, and a first, but yet someone needs to throw bricks at stuff. God damn.


I think a little more than protesting needs to be done. Those 99,000 protestors should have brought 99,000 guns.

I love to read your conditioned attitude of complete servitude.



new topics

top topics



 
43
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join