It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Follow the 100.000 ppl COP15 demonstration in Denmark LIVE

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SalkinVictory
I just saw 2 signs that said:

Change The Politics - Not Climate.

And another saying:

Planet, NOT Profit.

So you see that people have wide-spread opinions.

I saw this here:
DR 1 UPDATE

[edit on 12-12-2009 by SalkinVictory]

There was also one that said "bla bla bla. ACT NOW!"

Oh, they just started to chant again. LET THEM GO!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I am absolutely disgusted by the police response.

When common people cannot voice their opinions and are confronted by terrorism, when their rights to assemble and protest the wrongful decisions of their governments, are breached, when they are denied the opportunity to help in making positive change or voice their concerns and are overcome by forces carrying automatic weapons, when the governments who allegedly work for the people refuse to hear the people or outright ignore them, I think it's time the people considered making the playing field more equal.

I really hope the worlds eyes are on this protest as it shows that the people aren't going to continue taking this crap. It's a shame it wasn't a million people. Problem is there are far to many sheople in the world and the PTB know that.

This is going to start happening more and more in the US and Canada and every time it will be a confrontation between armed terrorists and normal citizens.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplified

Originally posted by SalkinVictory
I just saw 2 signs that said:

Change The Politics - Not Climate.

And another saying:

Planet, NOT Profit.

So you see that people have wide-spread opinions.

I saw this here:
DR 1 UPDATE

[edit on 12-12-2009 by SalkinVictory]

There was also one that said "bla bla bla. ACT NOW!"

Oh, they just started to chant again. LET THEM GO!

Yeah.

It's funny. One demonstration representing different opinions.

There really is 2 major sides.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Nevertheless - so far I think its better to be here in Denmark with COP15 rather than beeing a demonstrant in Korean, Russia or other like countries with their police brutality - Danish police brutallity comes much later

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
They could easily use them buses to transport them people to a holding depot, instead there using them as a blocking Method, so those on the outside cant see the true extent as to what were witnessing on this feed. Probobally a good thing as a couple of Officers wouldnt be able to handle 99,000 rioting protestors. It still doesnt make this right though, there evidentially suffering under whats no-less than torture now, and it has to stop.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I guess that what we see is the demonstrants waiting to be putted on busses and get out of the place - so not much more is happening on that place.

As I am told -. Ekstra Bladet stopped sending because of that, and moves to another location and they should also change batteries -

I Post when Ekstra Bladet goes Live again...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There is a lot more than 200 people sitting in handcuffs on the ground.
they all look kind of bored as they sit there and wait to be dragged away.

Very odd.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Yes, they're OBVIOUSLY being tortured. I feel SO sorry for them, having to sit there like that... on the GROUND even! The nerve!

Let this be a lesson to them: protest all you want, but don't get out of hand.

link   
reply to post by djusdjus

there were up to 350 arrested earlier.

Yes its funny to see how relaxed both demonstrants and police are

uh new scene now

link   
I saw that the Cops took a couple of people into the local Pizza place on that street!

I guess these people needed to use the restaurant's toilet, urgently?

Yeah! life can be tough at the Danish barricades - don't drink too much beer before protesting!

[edit on 12-12-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I just turned on the TV to see if this protest was being reported.

It is on CTV News in Canada right now... it's buried in their website someplace.

There is only one problem, they say it is a protest for the governments to sign a binding treaty, not a protest against the governments being there to sign a treaty based on fraudulent climate "science." WTF???? I know the MSM are all lying sacks of s**t, but this is well beyond lying.

I knew this was going to happen, the MSM would seize this protest, turn it around and lie about it, so I guess along with the politicians and bankers, we can add anyone in the MSM, that has to go.

Cheers - Dave

[edit on 12/12.2009 by bobs_uruncle]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
I just turned on the TV to see if this protest was being reported.

It is on CTV News in Canada right now... it's buried in their website someplace.

There is only one problem, they say it is a protest for the governments to sign a binding treaty, not a protest against the governments being there to sign a treaty based on fraudulent climate "science." WTF???? I know the MSM are all lying sacks of s**t, but this is well beyond lying.

Cheers - Dave

The Majority of the demonstrators are there with that attitude of getting the politicians and world leaders to get an agreement and sign some treaty because they believe the climate is in danger because of Co2.

Like I said many times, it's wide-spread opinions. Some believe it's economical.

Yes, kind of a bullshizzle march, lol.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
And what makes you think some of the young girls being held here "got ouf of hand", they hardly fit the profile of being the types to smash shop windows and put a glass bottle in a riot-police's eye. I can only see a minority of the stereotypical group who would only come to these sort of protests intent on causing trouble, the rest of these 300+ being held would freeze at the sight of the police looking at them.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
And what makes you think some of the young girls being held here "got ouf of hand", they hardly fit the profile of being the types to smash shop windows and put a glass bottle in a riot-police's eye. I can only see a minority of the stereotypical group who would only come to these sort of protests intent on causing trouble, the rest of these 300+ being held would freeze at the sight of the police looking at them.

Hey, it would be nice if you qoute the person you are answering.

Or at least reply directly to that person. It's hard to know who you are talking to.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

I really can't say. I didn't see the protest itself, just the aftermath. But I CAN tell you that one really can't judge what someone "might" be capable of doing just based on their size or gender. I'm sure there are plenty of girls out there who could get just as, if not more so, scrappy than a lot of guys.

In that respect, these cops really can't make any assumptions either, and they just have to arrest everyone, just in the off chance that some of the "normal" looking ones decide to get a little crazy.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dwiggen
reply to post by ROBL240

I really can't say. I didn't see the protest itself, just the aftermath. But I CAN tell you that one really can't judge what someone "might" be capable of doing just based on their size or gender. I'm sure there are plenty of girls out there who could get just as, if not more so, scrappy than a lot of guys.

In that respect, these cops really can't make any assumptions either, and they just have to arrest everyone, just in the off chance that some of the "normal" looking ones decide to get a little crazy.

Shut up Salkin, and yes thats true, but like many of the G20 protesters in London (as with I suspect today in Copenhagen), they Police caught them off-guard as they dont simply choose the rioters, but rather nit-pick from the crowd and those who submit to the Police being law-abiding people are the ones who get the rough deal. The ones who put up a fight are the type of people who generally get away with their actions.
Look at how many parents got caught out at G20, and Ian Tomlinson who was minding his own business.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I wish the protestors the best, thank you for showing that there are a lot of us out there who care.

So many amazing developments that seem to be inter-related...Obama's nobel prize, Norway Spiral, climategate, protests, etc.

I can barely keep up. Peace

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AUM68
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Nevertheless - so far I think its better to be here in Denmark with COP15 rather than beeing a demonstrant in Korean, Russia or other like countries with their police brutality - Danish police brutallity comes much later

That may be true for now. Give it a year or two. If people don't start making politicians do what they are told for the people, the next big protest will be like Tianamen Square, except an order of magnitude or two worse.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Yeah the first link you provided was working for a bit. Yet now is offline. Does anyone have another link for a live feed? Are they still putting people in buses?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Update on todays demonstrations

700 demonstrants have been arrested.

1 policeman were ingured by a throwing brick , which started the big arrest of those 400 people we have been seeing.

1 girl from demo arrested

and LIVE on aftornbladet again:

www.aftonbladet.se...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join