It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Follow the 100.000 ppl COP15 demonstration in Denmark LIVE

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

hmm... wrong thread ?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
For some reason both streams have just died, I hope that's not because something interesting is going down.

As I have just said in my previous post I am glad the protesters are there, even though they have bought into AGW and are protesting FOR the Copenhagen treaty rather than against it. All publicity is good publicity. Why? Because most people googling Copenhagen and doing even a cursory piece of surfing are bound to come across 'climategate'. So if 100,000 protesters cause 1% of surfers to question AGW then the protests have been a success.

However, after watching the steady flow of people with hands tied and being led away by police, I cannot help but feel a little queasy. They all seemed happy and eager to be arrested, it's like they're getting a sugar rush, and rather than drag their feet, they are enthuisiastically striding towards the police van. It's a perverse demonstration of how far the brainwashing has gone. It's almost a kind of Pavlovian response.

I saw a different version of this at some festivals this year where kids appeared to be getting an endorphin rush just from watching their parents put plastic bottles and cups in the correct recycling bins. The kids were jumping up and down excitedly as if they were about to get chocolate, ice cream and sweets all in one go.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AUM68

No. Not at all.

Responding to MC.

You might like to actually read the posts. It's always a good idea especially in your own thread.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Bah! I missed today's action!

When's the next fascist mass arrest due to take place?

Please tell us in advance so I can tune in!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
todays demonstration started about 4 hours ago - tomorrow there will propably mere more demonstrations - and perhaps there will be action in the streets tonight (that is in 9-10 hours from now)

Ill post here when there are more live broadcasts

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You have to admit this media-blackout has gone well for the leaders in Copenhagen, barely 5 minutes mentioned of it on MSM while its been non-stop "climate change" talks for the past weeks.
Its as if 100,000 voices wasnt newsworthy enough.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian

Originally posted by CuriousJudging

Believe it or not, they are in fact protesting in support of the treaty.
They want their freedom taken away, they want their money to be handed over to the elite and they want it NOW and they want the figures to be HUGE.

Just a friendly reminder, these people (black block) have been protesting globalisation and NWO (I don't really like the term NWO, since everyone seems to have their own personal definition to what exactly the NWO is) for a long time now.

Long before your average anti-NWO internet "fighter" has seen their first Alex Jones video on youtube. Remember Genoa?

Now you might think they're tools and sheep, but trust me, they think the same of climate change deniers.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by Wallachian]

Yes, you are right in and I do think they are all about "peace, love and understanding" and against the "NWO", but they better get their facts straight because their efforts are in fact (unintentionaly) just speeding up the process.

The "NWO" and the big corporations are playing both sides and it doesn't matter if you are pushing it this way or that way because both paths will lead to hell.

We all need to work out a third path that are not brought into the world by the elites.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The global warming scientist have been caught in a lie and now there angry. How dare someone hack there emails and release them to the public thus letting them know that this whole carbon tax thing is yet another scam to make the rich richer.
The earth is going through changes but so are all of the planets in our solar system and I have a hard time believing that my car exhaust is melting the ice on Io.
Finally can someone please tell me how the World Bank is going to spend all this carbon tax money to stop or reverse "global Warming"?

[edit on 13-12-2009 by kenton1234]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

Finally can someone please tell me how the World Bank is going to spend all this carbon tax money to stop or reverse "global Warming"?

If you don't understand how the carbon tax system is supposed to work; then how can you rail against it so vehemently?

Its obvious that those like you, who don't want to give up your gas guzzlers, are not impartial free thinkers. Mostly just selfish and could care less what harm your pleasure does to others around the world.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SalkinVictory

SalkinVictory - if I misunderstood your post then I apologize - it just seemed like you were trying to backpedal on behalf of all the climate deniers. In either case the two signs you described were still both examples of just ONE opinion.

Someone needed to put it into the proper context because that's all the climate deniers do around here is constantly misrepresent things to fit their skewed one-dimensional view.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

Haha - if it's so blindingly obvious, then why did you still miss the entire point??

You are exactly the type of person my post is meant to be aimed at because you are the ones who think you're getting it, but you're not. Did you read the thread I linked to? The whole point of that post was why is this stuff so obvious yet why has everyone become completely lost in the plot?

You know what - I think "blindingly obvious" is actually the perfect way to describe it since I said in my first post you guys all can't see the forest for the trees - so thanks for providing a textbook example for everyone to see.

Everyone just sits here on the internet thinking you have it all figured out and congratulating each other on not being sheep, yet you are the biggest sheep out there. All you're doing is regurgitating back and forth the rhetoric that's being planted in your heads. All you had to do was watch the video I linked to see how YOU are actually the one being manipulated, but no you went straight to posting some automoton response about how all this stuff is kindergarten apparently lol.

So yeah if you don't want to make the effort to actually educate yourself and think critically about the issues - sure, go back to playing with building blocks and using your Flintstones phone to whine about "taxes and global governance" while the real, subversive crooks continue to pull your strings every day.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AUM68
Todays demonstration gathers around 100.000 in COPenhagen against the , world leaders misleading COP15 agenda.

Police say that around 100.000 is already on place in the big demonstration and the first violent elements with homemade bombs have been arrested.

You can follow it all live at this link:

EDIT: This link works now:
www.aftonbladet.se...
Alternative:
ekstrabladet.tv...
[edit on 12-12-2009 by AUM68]

I think you may have unintentionally intended the demonstration was against the Climate Change policy. Just to make it clear the people demonstrating were asking for more action on Climate Change. aka more stringent and hard actions favoring climate change policy.

Big Copenhagen Demonstration – Noisy, Colorful, Insistent – Pushes For Climate Action

Tens of thousands of protesters took the streets in Copenhagen on Saturday, demanding that the world's leaders take action on climate-change.
Among the balloons and sails flew the flags of left-of-centre European political parties, as well as climate change signs stating: "There is no Planet B."

Source: Massive demonstration held during Copenhagen summit

So I was a bit surprised seeing why on ATS there would be so much support of Climate Change since lately it has become hotbed of GW Deniars. If people knew what these demonstrations were actually about they wouldn't have supported this thread lol.

But no worries I am one of the believer in more action required for climate change so all good.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

You are absoluttely right - totally misleading headline.
When I wrote that headline I was a poor guy without knowledge - now I am wise.

At that time the thread started - I knew there would be a lot of different groups with different messages in the demonstration.

What I wanted to see, was the action ( and a bit of those creative demonstrants ) from those leftwing activists.
From some of those I heard, that they would demonstrate against the politicians misleading agenda at COP15

Sorry for my bad english and inability to articulate myself

wont happen again

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
There is another demo going on with a lot of action now -

follow here:
ekstrabladet.tv...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Until now - demonstrants have had luck to steal a giant ballon "Earth" and have had luck with some human chains to not let the police inside the demonstration to take the baloon back !

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
well in some sick way, this is funny:

The police have now fought their way through the demonstrators and have now the Baloon back

They fight over a baloon

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The demonstrants have now gathered outside the danish parlament - and some police harrasment is going on - situations is tence

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Danish police have announced that the ongoing demonstration is illegal, because of the baloon stealing, and some minor vandalism

Anyway, those arround 500 demonstrants have left the parlament and is apparently going to Christiania :

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
demonstrants are now at the same place, as where the huge 400 ppl arrest happend with the 100.000 people demonstration 2 days ago

More police have gathered in the back - it looks like police (again) wants to move in

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
no more transmission today

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join