It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Butcher of Bahgdad" Innocent or not? Here are the Historical Facts. You decide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

"The Butcher of Bahgdad" Innocent or not? Here are the Historical Facts. You decide

en.wikipedia.org

On 16 March 1988, the Kurdish town of Halabja was attacked with a mix of mustard gas and nerve agents, killing 5,000 civilians, and maiming, disfiguring, or seriously debilitating 10,000 more.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The Butcher of Bahgdad
en.wikipedia.org...

This short little brief is for all of those people out there that listen to nothing but Main stream media and REFUSE to look at the historical facts. I hope that this shows that the Americans aren't behind ALL the death in Iraq.

To the people out there that think that the execution of Saddam Hussein was unjust, WATCH THIS VIDEO! WATCH YOUR BUTCHER OF BAGHDAD AND HIS “INNOCENT” HISTORY!

www.youtube.com...

Lets not split words here. REGARDLESS of the reasons you THINK we were in Iraq this man NEEDED to be removed.

Lets make a list of HISTORICAL FACTS:

1959-1963 - Saddam Hussein, 22-year old Ba'th Party member, flees Baghdad for Damascus and Cairo after involvement in an assassination attempt against Qasim. Cairo is then center of the Nasserite Pan-Arab ideology girding the Ba'th Party.

1963 November 18 - The Ba'th government is overthrown by Arif and a group of military officers. 5000-6000 Iraqis are executed in backlash against communism.

1964-1966 Saddam Hussein jailed as a member of the Ba'th Party.

1979 July 16 - President Al-Bakr resigns and is succeeded by Vice President Saddam Hussein. Within days, Saddam executes at least 20 potential rivals, members of the Ba'th Party and military.

1979 September - Military skirmishes and propaganda war increase between Iraq and Iran.

1980 September 22 - Iraq attacks Iranian airbases.

1986 March - UN Secretary General reports Iraq's use of mustard gas and nerve agents against Iranian soldiers, with significant usage in 1981 and 1984.

1988 February-September- Iraq military operation "Anfal" results in 50,000-100,000 deaths throughout northern Iraq. Iraq uses chemical weapons, mass executions and forced relocation to terrorize the area.

1988 March 16 - Iraq attacks the Kurdish town of Halabjah with mix of poison gas and nerve agents, killing 5000 residents.

1988 August 20 - The Iran-Iraq war ends in stalemate; an estimated 1 million soldiers are killed in eight years of fighting. A ceasefire comes into effect to be monitored by the UN Iran-Iraq Military Observer Group (UNIIMOG).

1989 Iraq sends military hardware to Lebanon in a proxy war with Syria.

Iraqi Invasion of Kuwait
1990 August 2 - Iraq invades Kuwait and is condemned by the United Nations Security Council Resolution 660, which calls for the full withdrawal.

1990 August 6 - UNSC Resolution 661 imposes economic sanctions on Iraq.

1990 August 8 - Iraq appoints puppet regime in Kuwait that declares a merger with Iraq.

1990 November 29 - UNSC Resolution 678 authorizes the states cooperating with Kuwait to use "all necessary means" to uphold UNSC Resolution 660; UN orders Iraqi withdrawal by January 15, 1991.

1991 January 17 - The Gulf War starts with coalition forces begin aerial bombing of Iraq, "Operation Desert Storm".

1991 February 24 - The start of a ground operation; liberation of Kuwait occurs February 27.

1991 March 3 - Iraq accepts the terms of a ceasefire. The primary ceasefire resolution is UNSCR 687 (April 3) requiring Iraq to end its weapons of mass destruction programs, recognize Kuwait, account for missing Kuwaitis, return Kuwaiti property and end support for international terrorism. Iraq is required to end repression of its people.

1991 Mid-March/early April - Iraqi military forces suppress rebellions in the south and north of the country, creating a humanitarian disaster on the borders of Turkey and Iran.

No-Fly Zones
1991 April 8 - A plan for the establishment of a UN safe-haven in northern Iraq, north of the latitude 36 degrees north, for the protection of Kurds is approved at a European Union meeting in Luxembourg. On April 10, the US orders Iraq to end all military action in this area.

1991 April - Working in cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the UN Special Commission (UNSCOM) is established to ensure Iraq is free of weapons of mass destruction and to establish long-term monitoring program to see it remains free of prohibited weapons.

1992 August 26 - A no-fly zone, which prohibits the flights of Iraqi planes, is established in southern Iraq, south of latitude 32 degrees north.

1993 June 27, US forces launch a cruise missile attack on Iraqi intelligence headquarters in Al-Mansur district, Baghdad, in response for the attempted assassination of former U.S. President George Bush in Kuwait in April.

1994 May 29 Saddam Hussein becomes prime minister and president.

1994 November 10 - The Iraqi National Assembly recognizes Kuwait's borders and its independence.

1995 April 14 - UNSC Resolution 986 allows the partial resumption of Iraq's oil exports to buy food and medicine. It is not accepted or implemented by Iraq until December 1996.

1996 August 31 - In response to a call for aid from the KDP, Iraqi forces launch an offensive into the northern no-fly zone and capture Arbil.

1996 September 3 - U.S. extends the southern no-fly zone to latitude 33 degrees north.

1996 December 12 - Saddam Hussein's elder son Uday is seriously wounded in an assassination attempt.

1998 October 31 - Iraq ends all forms of cooperation with the UNSCOM and expels inspectors.

1998 December 16-19 - U.S. and U.K. launch a bombing campaign "Operation Desert Fox" to destroy suspected nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs.

1999 January 4 - Iraq asks the UN to replace its US and UK staff in Iraq.

1999 February 19 - Grand Ayatollah Sayyid Muhammad Sadiq al-Sadr, spiritual leader of the Shi'a, is assassinated in Najaf in southern Iraq.

1999 December 17 - UNSC Resolution 1284 creates the UN Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission (UNMOVIC) to replace UNSCOM. Iraq rejects the resolution.

2000 March 1 - Hans Blix assumes the post of Executive Chairman of UNMOVIC.

2000 October - Iraq resumes domestic passenger flights, the first since the 1991 Gulf War. Commercial air links re-established with Russia, Ireland and Middle East. Regime invests more revenue in the general economy.

2000 November - Iraq rejects new weapons inspections proposals.

2000 December - Iraq temporarily halts oil exports after the UN rejects Iraq's request that buyers pay a 50-cent-a-barrel surcharge into an Iraqi bank account not controlled by the UN.

2001 Free-trade zone agreements set up with neighboring countries. Rail link with Turkey re-opened in May for the first time since 1981.

2001 February - Britain and U.S. carry out bombing raids to try and disable Iraq's air defense network.

2001 May - Saddam Hussein's son Qusay elected to the leadership of the ruling Ba'th Party, fueling speculation that he is being groomed to ensure the Takriti clan's hold on power in Iraq.

2002 February 11-15 - For the first time since 1992, Iraq hosts a UN human rights expert. During the preceding years, the international community documented and reported allegations of gross human rights abuses in Iraq, including summary executions; arbitrary arrest, systematic torture 'in its most cruel forms'; coercion by means of reprisals against a family members; and mass discrimination regarding access to food supplies and health care.

2002 May - UNSC Resolution 1409 overhauls the sanctions regime goods review list to focus on military and dual-use equipment and streamline approval of civilian goods for commercial sale in Iraq.

2002 July 5 - In talks with UN Secretary General, Iraq rejects weapons inspections proposals.

2002 August 2 - In a letter to the UN Secretary General, Iraq invites Hans Blix to Iraq for technical discussions on remaining disarmament issues.

2002 August 19 - UN Secretary General rejects Iraq's proposal as the "wrong work program" but renews offer to facilitate the return of inspectors in accordance with UNSC resolution 1284, passed in 1999. The resolution calls for UNMOVIC inspectors to spend 60 days conducting active inspections to determine what has changed since U.N. weapons inspectors were expelled in 1998 and what needs to be done for Iraq to be rid of all chemical, biological and nuclear weapons.

Now after seeing all these HISTORICAL FACTS is Saddam Hussein “The Butcher of Baghdad” Still so innocent? I think not.

Lets see what his FBI interrogator has to say?
www.youtube.com...
Says all WMDs were destroyed but Saddam being the power hungry douche he was LIED to the world to maintain that image of power. Otherwise he knew he would have been over thrown! Also did you catch at the end when he said that he was surprised of the lack of remorse Saddam had for the loss of his sons?

Now lets take a look at the person that is responsible for the majority of Coalition Forces and innocent Iraq deaths in Iraq.

HIS NAME ABU MUSAB AL-ZARQAWI

Heres his bio.
en.wikipedia.org...

Quotes from his bio for those who don't want to read it.

Jordanian militant Islamist who ran a militant training camp in Afghanistan. He became known after going to Iraq and being responsible for a series of bombings, beheadings and attacks during the Iraq War.

He formed al-Tawhid wal-Jihad, in the 1990s, and led it until his death in June 2006. Zarqawi took responsibility, on several audio- and videotapes, for numerous acts of violence in Iraq including suicide bombings and hostage executions. Zarqawi opposed the presence of US and Western military forces in the Islamic world as well as the West's support for and the existence of Israel. In late 2004 he joined al-Qaeda and pledged allegiance to Osama bin Laden. After this al-Tawhid wal-Jihad became known as Al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI), and al-Zarqawi was given the Al-Qaeda title, "Emir of Al Qaeda in the Country of Two Rivers".

In September 2005, he declared "all-out war" on Shia in Iraq after the Iraqi government offensive on insurgents in the Sunni town of Tal Afar.[2] He dispatched numerous suicide bombers throughout Iraq to attack American soldiers and areas with large concentrations of Shia militias. He is also responsible for the 2005 bombing of three hotels in Amman, Jordan.[3] Zarqawi was killed by two United States Air Force F-16C jets on June 7, 2006 at 14:15 GMT, while attending a meeting in an isolated safehouse approximately 8 km (5 mi) north of Baqubah.

Notice in that last one there he didn't say he declared war on the U.S. It was on the Shia in Iraq (AKA IRAQIs). Lets continue...

Upon his release from prison in 1999, Zarqawi was involved in an attempt to blow up the Radisson Hotel in Amman, where many Israeli and American tourists lodged.[8] He fled Jordan and traveled to Peshawar, Pakistan, near the Afghanistan border. In Afghanistan, Zarqawi established a militant training camp near Herat, near the Iranian border.[9] The training camp specialized in poisons and explosives.[10] According to Jordanian officials and court testimony by jailed followers of Zarqawi in Germany, Zarqawi met in Kandahar and Kabul with Osama bin Laden and other al-Qaeda leaders after travelling to Afghanistan.[8] He asked them for assistance and money to set up his own training camp in Herat.[11] With al-Qaeda's support, the camp opened and soon served as a magnet for Jordanian militants.[8

Perhaps im wrong. Perhaps ALL of these DOCUMENTED FACTS are wrong. Perhaps all we want to do is kill kill KILL those dirty rag head Iraqis.... I don't think so. IN FACT I bet that 99.9% of what we are doing in Iraq is to help them. How do I know this? Perhaps I saw it with my own eyes. The rebuilding of hospitals, moistaries, schools, police stations, government bodies, roads, but mostly help them rebuild there confidence. OH YA LETS NOT FORGET HELP THEM TO STOP BEING SLOTTERED BY A TYRANT. ALSO HELP THEM EXPEL THE COWARDICE INSURGENTS.

But then again.... Maybe i'm wrong.

Thanks for reading. I would like to ask a favor before responding with your support or hate against this point of view, watch and read all the information I have posted. I know its a lot but I hate when people attempt to make points that have already been debunked in posted information. THANKS!

en.wikipedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Just answer me these question to start with and a straight face:

1. Who is US/Bush to determine which country ruler/President/Prime minister is a "butcher/evil" person?

2. Why did US supplied and assisted Iraq with chemical weapons in the beginning?

3. Why was Iraq listed as enemy earlier but as allie when it was in war against Iran and soon after the war was over why it was put into "axis of evil" list in a gap of mere 4/6 years?

4. Why did US/ Bush planned the attack after 2 days of 9/11 and according to some reports much earlier than that?

5. Why did Bush lied about the reasons for going to war ignoring evidence that Iraq had no WMD and no links with Al-qaeda?

6. Why Iraqi people now say they were much better of under Saddam than this so called "freedom" Bush brought.

7. Why did the Iraqi shoe thrower on Bush seen as a hero allover the Iraq and the world?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
That's all well and good but i could make a similar list about any other number of dictators who have committed terrible crimes against their own people, yet the United States doesn't see fit to remove them from power.

That's besides the fact that Iraq was no military threat whatever to the United States.

Saddam was a monster, no doubt there, but it doesn't excuse the lies and exaggerations used as an excuse for war by the U.S and it's allies.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

This post is not about Bush or the US politics! Its about people saying that Saddam was innocent and didn't diserve to die! If you want those questions answered either research it or start a post. THANKS!

Also I know that you guys couldnt have reviewed all the information I presented only 20 min after I posted this! The video is an hour and 40 min about The life of Saddam...

Edit - LETS STAY ON TOPIC Your answers should not include the words BUSH, Corperate fatcats, Republicans, George, and so on. THANKS!

[edit on 12-12-2009 by ThePeoplesSoldier]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

Think you've missed out a critical part of the history, emm maybe when Saddam was recruited by the CIA

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

I believe you are correct. I have heard alot about Saddam working for the CIA. HOWEVER the reason I didn't include any information on it is I couldn't find any non Biased reports on it. All the information I found on it pointed the finger all in one direction or the other.

I want this post to be based on DOCUMENTED HISTORICAL FACTS. If you find something that is doctumented by a non biased part, please, feel free to post it.

This post isnt about covering the American governments ass or making any of the 3 letter agenceys look good. Its mearly about showing that Saddam was a butcher. Thats all. Thanks for the key point though!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Then you cannot post such a biased thread if you want to include non-biased posts/sources. You my friend are cutting your foot with your axe with this thread. Saddam was mere a fetus in comparison to butchery committed by Bush/ Dick Cheney and Rumsfield.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

How is this a biased thread when I use nothing but facts to support it? I suppose instead of saying post what addons you want but not biased ones I should have said, please don't post facts that are on blogs or your best friends face book. I want only links to sites that have historical facts on them. Thats all I ment by that.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I have a document from the British Government about Saddam dated 15th November 1969 after him being involved in the 1959 assassination attempt of Abd al-Karim Qasim. in the document it states

"Saddam is a presentable young man, Initially regarded as a party extremist, but responsibility may mellow him."

So both the British and Americans knew he would kill on demand and recruited him to be there puppet in the rich oil lands of Iraq

....Maybe

[edit on 12-12-2009 by Pockets]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Thats an awsome piece of historical document! Is there anyway you can upload a photo of that so we can validate it? I would love to see somthing linking America to him, I mean we alllll reeeallly know the truth but with no hard evidence then it may as well be a UFO sighting.

Also regaurdless if the US and Britan knew about it this dosn't take away from the fact he was a monster and that is what this post is about. Saddam was a dirty rat basterd and diserved what he got....

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I can E-mail it to you, U2U me your address, it's a PDF and I can't figure out how to host it

Lines

Email sent and hopefully will be hosted somewhere for anyone interested

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

www.gwu.edu...

This site provides the document that pockets was speaking about. IT Also has a couple others. It is document 1. It appears to be from the British embassy in bahgdad dated 15 NOV 69. No idea on the validity of this but it looks pritty official.

Though this is extreamly interesting please lets not take away from what this thread is truley about.

Its about people claiming Saddam didn't diserve what he got. This document is mearly a side note of how he was viewed by outside nations. Please keep on track.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

No idea on the validity of this but it looks pritty official.

I'm sure I got it from the British National Archive

www.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

So yeah, It's real

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Very nice find then.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

America supported him, while he was in, so who brought him to power?

Thats where op should go with this.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

The official biography states that he achieved power through respect of being so ruthless. He became a party leader in the Ba'th party then when the Ba'th party became powerfull enough he became president.

The unoffical bio states that the CIA helped plan a cou to put him in charge. I want to be clear though, I havent seen anything that states the CIA put him in power, ONLY RUMORS THUS FAR.

I wanna see that as much as anyone else but as of right now it dosnt exist.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Well while the crimes where being commited by saddam, americans where visiting him shaking his hand all over the place.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Anyone that reads the info I posted will notice that he was given ample amount of time to comply. I wouldnt say we were turning a blind eye to it. He was informed what he was doing was wrong, embargoed, and attacked and bomed on 2 seperate incidents before we finaly took him out. We didnt just stand idley by.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I don't think any reasonable person would claim he was 'innocent'. But the fact is we support evil dictators when it suits and vice versa. Who gave him the technology to use against the Kurds eh?
www.theangryliberal.com...
www.counterpunch.org...
www.commondreams.org...
Why haven't we gone in to help the oppressed people of Zimbabwe? Too politically sensitive and no real benefits.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by unicorn1]

[edit on 12-12-2009 by unicorn1]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join