It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the night sky been calling to you lately?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
All the time!!
I have seen some strange things lately...
I followed what appeared to be a plane through my neighborhood.
It was flying so friggin low. Just above the tree tops. Couldn't hear any sound.
I didn't notice any blinking lights only very bright white and blue lights constantly on. I missed a movie that we were going to see, so that we could follow it.
It circled my town for at least 20 minutes. No one reported anything and the days have passed. Still creeps me out.

The mystery seems to be:
Why no noise?
Why so low? (within 50 feet above tree line and houses)
Why do I feel like my fiance and I were the only ones to notice?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The sky is important. And i enjoy watching it, especially at night. Sometimes i looking for ufo's, sometimes i'm observing stars. Sometimes i even just stare at the sky and start thinking "What's out there? What's waiting for us?". The i look at the Moon and think how cool it is, being an ancient memory of ours. The fact is, i want to go home. Maybe not forever, but for some time. Earth is important to me, helping the people and everything, but you know. I do feel lonely at times. The universe is a very fascinating phenomenon and experience to be a part of.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I think the reason that the night sky, the stars and beyond calls to us is because a lot of us realise that our true home lies out there, not down here on this third rock from the Sun.

We gaze up to the stars above and feel a yearning, an aching to go back from whence we came. We feel it deep down in our souls even if we don't understand it.

One day we will all go back there but we are here on Earth for a reason, whilst we are figuring out that reason the best things we can do is work hard, have a happy and positive outlook on life and always do the right thing in every situation.

Here is one of my favourite astronomy photos:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aededf18fbbd.jpg[/atsimg]

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Eevee]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I've been attracted to the night sky for a few years now. I have two telescopes and just bought a camera to take with me. There is so much beauty in the sky and it gives me such a sense of peace when I go stargazing. I have even started planning midnight picnics to watch meteor showers. especially in August.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I live in Pennine Yorkshire UK.
Yes I have been looking at the sky more but I put it down to being on sites like this!
About 3 months back I was looking at what seemed like an unusually bright star when 4 more appeared over the horizon and they all set off towards me in a v formation. I am used to seeing aircraft from Manchester or Leeds Bradford airport - plus a helicopter that is based locally. But these were unusual in that they were solid white lights, completely silent and not winking as usual.
By the time they got to me they had left the formation and they disappeared over the horizon.
I don't readily subscribe to 'et' theories - possibly it was a military exercise of some sort. Certainly not Chinese balloons as they wouldn't have kept such a perfect formation for so long.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CaninE.G

I'm pretty sure loads of peeps look at the night sky.... why not?

It's great to look at with those stars and constellations... I see Sirius every clear night twinkling or winking... changling colours... also like looking at the Moon

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I attracted to night sky wondering what kind of alien life is out there and will aliens will ever come to Earth. I think like this every night in the summer.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaninE.G
I have been attracted to certain areas of the sky, one of them being Orion. Have you ever noticed how different areas of the sky seem to give off different vibes? please share your experiences and thoughts.

I suggest you look for:

- A scintillating star surrounded by a circular/elliptical "black" region of sky, particularly stars that scintillate between white, cyan, and light-red.

- Look for triangular-shaped patterns of stars, nearly isocolese-shaped. The interiors are often ligter or darker than the night sky. One corner light is often much brighter than the others.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeRozak

Can I ask why to look for these patterns? I only ask, because I tend to look for these and I don't know why. During really cold nights with no cloud in site - I love to stare into the darker parts of the sky and what all the stars blink - it's incredible.

I have been drawn to the sky for many years - most recently I witnessed what could have been a UFO a few months ago. I live in the middle of nowhere so we can see a lot of stars where we are. Anyway, I was outside having a smoke when I saw a white orb come into view - almost looked like a shooting star - but it was much slower, like a helicopter. Across the road and above my neighbors trees it slowly moved and all I could see was a white orb. It hadn't been higher than 20 to 50 feet above the trees and it made absolutely no sound. It crossed over the street and hid behind a row of trees we have on the side of our yard and then took a sharp right turn and took off. I couldn't see exactly how fast it was moving, but it moved a LOT faster than any helicopter I've seen. We have a lot of aircraft flying over where I live and I know it isn't anything I've seen before.

I've always been drawn to the sky, but I've been more determined than ever to see something different than the norm. I also find myself staring a lot at Orion and Cassiopeia, but I mostly lean back on my car and just watch the whole night sky. If I could I would do it all night long, but the cold air makes it difficult. I do have to say that I've seen more satellites than normal.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Can I ask why to look for these patterns? I only ask, because I tend to look for these and I don't know why. During really cold nights with no cloud in site - I love to stare into the darker parts of the sky and what all the stars blink - it's incredible.

A scintillating star with a dark field around it might be a circular UFO. The scintillation is caused by alternatively turning on different colored lights.

The triangular star pattern is a triangle UFO.

Circular UFOs that fly often mimic airplane lights (red on wingtips, flashing strobe) but seem to get the colors wrong (just like an incandescent white light bulb has a different color to a halogen white light bulb).

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Amen I am right there with you. I'm out in the most northern part of the US freezing my tail off staring up there. The light pollution lately draws very obvious sights out... orion / the dippers are the easiest to snap your eyes to when you first look up. I love the formation of Orion.. something crazy. I simply love that humans mapped the stars all out and legends are living in the sky.

I've always been obsessed with space.... it's ridiculous. We are literally floating here in a sea of who knows what (we get further with research every day). I like to keep up to date with the universe and have been browsing space news sites lately...

Does anyone know of any good websites with that kind of information? I usually hop out to spaceweather.com.. it's fun to keep up with the sunspots and they will tell you when space events are happening even on your phone! I've caught more meteor showers than ever since I started to go to those sites, these are all special occasions and I don't want to miss any!

[edit] HAHA! Tonight I was out for a smoke and when I looked up there was a halo around the moon. I'm not exactly sure on the science but it's freezing so I assumed it was ice crystals reflecting light.. but it was cool because it was an exact ring, and rather large.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Myollinir]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeRozak

That's fascinating Rozak! I have questioned some of the "planes" that fly over our house. One in fact I swear looked like a big ball of light, but as soon as it came closer, the lights on the plane started to flicker like a plane, but they didn't look normal. The lights usually go off back and forth, but this one had NO pattern to it. Plus, the sound of the plane came WAY later than normal as well. I could have been a plane, but it was VERY odd compared to the many I see every night when I'm outside.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join